PDA

View Full Version : Victoria smack talk

cjeffsjeep
08-22-2005, 02:57 PM
this is tooo funny the little 3a boys are picking on the 5a boys ant there crying about ithttp://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1260&tid=39352895&sid=&style=2

Gobbler Fan
08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
:wave:

KingRob
08-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Poor Victoria Memorial, all those kids and still can't win. I can understand their frustration, but it does no good to be jealous of your neighbor's football program. Now that they have consolidated the two schools, they will NEVER go to state.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Actually I believe that Victoria Memorial will be a much improved team this year... they return a lot of starters and their coach seems to be settled in...

What doesn't help is the bickering between parents/students etc... who are loyal to the two schools that consolidated....

It's no secret in Victoria, they want the school broken up and back to the way it used to be...

Not a good environment for the kids...

slyder
08-22-2005, 07:46 PM
all bark and no bite..was at a game after victoria played in san antonio (not sure which team they played) the field crew said cuero would have punished victoria that was when we played carizzo springs in the playoffs. they don't have the heart of cuero, sinton, yoakum etc. someone from victoria who was coaching soccer with cuero kids on a victoria team said that the cuero kids were all business. even when they were losing you could look in their eyes and see that they didn't think about losing and that the other kids gave up. i am sure its like that in most small towns we have to work for what we win.

crabman
08-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey Gobbla, did you see Memorials Lineman/Fullback. Eugene "the Coke Machine" Johnson in the Advocate today? 6'-3" 340 lbs. Back when Bryan (my Bryan) played little league, Bryan, Eugene, and Roy Sierra were on the same team. They ended up 6'-2" 260, 6'-3" 340, and 6'-1" 330 lbs. Reckon there was something in the Gatorade?

Gobbla2001
08-22-2005, 08:52 PM
crabman... yah, saw that picture, he is huuuggggeee....

slyder - I believe it was SA Madison...

KingRob
08-23-2005, 05:33 AM
Being a graduate of Stroman High, I can tell you the bad enviroment existed long before consolidation. Fact of the matter is, majority of Victoria's white parents don't want their kids to go to school with the blacks or mexicans. School board thought consolidation would bring the town together, but instead enrollment fell and their is no spirit from VHS and SHS alumni. Strange how enrollment at St. Joseph's and Faith Academy have grown. Victoria is Victoria, and they are still bickering what to call the drill team! They could've kept VHS and SHS open, and opted to build a third high school (something they're talking about now). This school would've started out as a 2a or 3a, but noooooo, they wanted the Judson like school with big numbers. I don't think it's turned out like they expected. Just my opinion!

MARLINDOGS
08-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
Being a graduate of Stroman High, I can tell you the bad enviroment existed long before consolidation. Fact of the matter is, majority of Victoria's white parents don't want their kids to go to school with the blacks or mexicans. School board thought consolidation would bring the town together, but instead enrollment fell and their is no spirit from VHS and SHS alumni. Strange how enrollment at St. Joseph's and Faith Academy have grown. Victoria is Victoria, and they are still bickering what to call the drill team! They could've kept VHS and SHS open, and opted to build a third high school (something they're talking about now). This school would've started out as a 2a or 3a, but noooooo, they wanted the Judson like school with big numbers. I don't think it's turned out like they expected. Just my opinion! This is sad.

underware
08-23-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree with Gobbla, Victoria will be a lot better this year.