PDA

View Full Version : I think I am getting old

turbostud
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
I just got back from taking my son to the Green Day concert in San Antone last night. During the typical Rock Show slow song everyone held up and turned on their cell phones instead of lighters. It must have been 95% cell phones to 5% lighters. Back when I was a young punk it was all lighters.

MARLINDOGS
08-22-2005, 12:25 PM
It was lighters for me to.Thats a new one for me.

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I just got back from taking my son to the Green Day concert in San Antone last night. During the typical Rock Show slow song everyone held up and turned on their cell phones instead of lighters. It must have been 95% cell phones to 5% lighters. Back when I was a young punk it was all lighters. It's not that you're getting old, it's just that everyone carries cell phones around instead of lighters, it's also more convenient and less expensive!

pirate44
08-22-2005, 12:28 PM
what is this world coming to? it's all about sex, phone calls, and rock n roll these days

KingRob
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Strange how everyone gets old but me!:rolleyes:

Rabbit'93
08-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey turbo..What did you think of the show? Kinda reminded me of a KISS type show. I thought they did a great performance here in Dallas. Did they get three people to come up and play their instruments during a song?

turbostud
08-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Hey turbo..What did you think of the show? Kinda reminded me of a KISS type show. I thought they did a great performance here in Dallas. Did they get three people to come up and play their instruments during a song?

Yes they did the same thing last night. The kid they got out of the crowd to play guitar got to keep the guitar that he played. All three did a great job. Super Cool. This girl that was sitting next me was taking pictures with her digital camera. I gave her my email address and asked if she would email some pics. She said she would. I hope she comes through.

sinton66
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Yes they did the same thing last night. The kid they got out of the crowd to play guitar got to keep the guitar that he played. All three did a great job. Super Cool. This girl that was sitting next me was taking pictures with her digital camera. I gave her my email address and asked if she would email some pics. She said she would. I hope she comes through.

Did she take any pics of the STUD?;)

turbostud
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Did she take any pics of the STUD?;)

Yeah, the Stud on stage. I told her she should be taking pics of me but she just wasnt buying it.:(