PDA

View Full Version : 3A Team Outlooks for next year

Matthew328
03-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Ok people what do you think of your team for next year...what do they have back? Any big changes in the offseason expected?
Everman- 6 on offense 6 on defense back from 15-0 state champ including 1300 yard rusher and 700 and 800 yard rusher that combined for 49 rushing TD's plus a QB that threw for 600 yards and 13 TD's...defense will be young especially in the secondary but the front 7 brings back 5 of the 7 from last year

Old Green
03-26-2002, 07:07 PM
Cuero will be greatly improved.5 on defense and 4 0n offense plus TSWA all state Tackle Cody Wallace. Big story is the JV players coming up to varsity. Bigger, faster, and a good work ethic that never says quit.

sinfan75
03-26-2002, 10:51 PM
I think Sinton returns 5 and 5.If they can rebuild there offensive line and linebackers they'll play for another state title.

kaorder1999
03-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Things should be interesting...forney is losing super man DaBryan Blanton but will still return a good backfield believe it or not. Blantons back-up Clint Crabtree has the potential to be a VERY good running back..hes very quick with some good moves. Of course Caleb Hanie, the sophomore QB from last season will be back. Jordan Case, the backup fuulback last season, will prolly step in and start at full back and at linebacker. Hes a hoss on both sides of the ball. Charlie Rickersons younger broter Andy Rickerson will step up on defense. He was brought up off the JV last year as a sophomore and saw a lot of playing time. Nick Najarro will return....hes a hoss on the offensive/defensive line. And Darren Rabb will anchor a good forney defense. Rabb is huge...about 6-2, 220....very quick and strong. Brandon Cluiss, returning starter, will also be a hoss on defense.

Not sure about kicking game....I know there was a freshman this year that could really kick...dont know his name though.

toby070
03-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Burnet will make much noise next season. They lose maybe 5 starters from a good team, and are loaded at the skill positions. They will be able to run or throw equally well. Their defense isn't as strong as their offense, but they will have a year more of experience under their belts.

I'll be VERY surprised is they don't make a very deep run in the playoffs.

cntryguy35
03-27-2002, 10:53 AM
Marlin should be a force in 3a next year. They are returning 9 and 9 off a bi-district year. Keys will be surviving their non district schedule which includes 4a Waco University, 4A Waco Midway, 2A Mart, 3A Burnet, and 4A state champ Ennis...watch our for the bulldogs.

fatcat255
03-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Longview Spring Hill

2001 record, 10-2.
Lost Area matchup to Regional Finalist Gladewater, 21-20.

OFFENSE:
Returning 7.5 starters;

All-State 3rd Team RB JaMario Thomas (1744 yds & 28 TD's rushing as a Soph).

One-half of 2 man QB tandem.

3 O-Linemen.

All-District TE

Wingback.

Wide-Receiver.

Plus .... All-State Hon. Mention Kicker.

DEFENSE:

Returning 6 starters;

All-State Homorable Mention LB Trent Allen.

All-East Texas LB Seth Brown.

Both DT's.

All-East Texas CB.

All-District S.

Departing:

All-State 2nd team Punter.
All-State 3rd Team O-Lineman
All-State Hon. Mention LB.
All-State Hon. Mention WR.
All-State Hon. Mention S.
2 year starter at Center.
Senior half of QB tandem.
2 other senior WR's.
Both DE's, one a 3-year starter.
One CB.

vet93
03-28-2002, 09:40 AM
Ballinger returns 7-8 from a 9-2 district runner-up team. Only losses were to Abilene Wylie and Bridgeport. Return Antonio Posey who rushed for 1700+ yards as a sophomore. Will have to replace a quality linebacker, and some quality linemen. Will have to develop a qb to take some of the heat off of Posey. This is the coaching staff's first full year of working with the kids. It will be interesting to see if that has any effect. If they can find a qb and develop some good linemen, Ballinger should have a successful year. Low enrollment doesn't give the kids much of a margin for error. Injuries and academic losses could do a lot of damage if things don't go as hoped

Old Cardinal
03-31-2002, 09:30 PM
Bridge City should again be in the final four-based on talent. The big question is who will be their Coach?

oldbuff78
04-01-2002, 10:50 AM
Bridge City still does not have a coach??

Bubba
04-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Sounds like Everman will be loaded again next season. It's too early to tell how well Newton will be next year. They lost several seniors last season, but they have some guys that will move up from the JV that have lots of talent. Only time will tell. I think they will give Jasper a run for the district championship next season, and will probably make it to the second or third round. I doubt they will be a contender for the title.

M.PIRATEFAN
04-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone. I know that football is around the corner but i cannot wait. As for those Mighty Mathis Pirates we have most of our offensive and defensive line coming back.We have up coming jv players that were undefeated. Its going to be challenging to step up in other players positions. for instance,the Troy Collavo lb,and Dimitri Garcia who are gone but never forgotten. Playing college ball.Anyways, should have a great ball club and will make those playoffs.

Killa40
05-06-2002, 11:13 PM
Barbers Hill looks to have another strong season again next year. They return 5 on defense and 4 offense. Star tailback Perry Carrington looks to have another stellar season, he recently ran a 4.34 40 yd. dash. The BH defense also returns 4 1st team All District players including DE Brian Cummings who also ran a 4.34 40. Overall the Eagles look strong again but enter a little tougher district than last year. To have a good season we will have to have some underclassmen step up and make an impact.

Ktown2004
05-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Kennedale is returning all Skill postions on defense and offense. Lose a little on the line but thats about it. Watch out for John Douty (6'5 285, 4.9) and Jason Tomlison (6'2 170 4.5, Landon Johnson (6'3 200 4.6) Kennedale is fast but they are team fast, 7 or 8 kids running below 4.6s.

bc 76
05-11-2002, 07:29 PM
I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WONT AGREE WITH ME BUT DONT OVER LOOK WHARTON.THEY HAVE AT LEAST 7 PLAYERS WITH 4.5 SPEED OR BETTER.THEY WILL HAVE LOTS OF SIZE ON OFFENSE AND ON DEFENSE THEY WONT BE REAL BIG BUT THEY WILL HAVE LOTS OF SPEED ON DEFENSE.ROBERTS & SON HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB WITH THE PROGRAM BUT ITS GOING TO BE UP TOO THE KIDS TO WANT TO WIN.IF THEY EVER HIT ON ALL CYLINDERS WATCH OUT.

oldbuff78
05-11-2002, 07:48 PM
Whartons coaching will hurt them in the long run.

sinton66
05-18-2002, 09:08 AM
MPirate, yall are in the same district with Sinton aren't you? Not trying to start anything, but I was told Sinton's JV was undefeated. You can't BOTH be undefeated. Just curious.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited May 18, 2002).]

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2002, 01:46 AM
i saw 1 game of sintons jvs and they lost the first one. have a cuz that played jv and they didnt lose after that. MPirate which pirates went undefeated or did they tied for district title

[This message has been edited by SintonFan_inAustin (edited May 20, 2002).]

sinton66
05-21-2002, 07:58 AM
SinFaninAustin, I was also told the freshman team lost only one game and that was to 4A Calallen. That came from a kid on the team. Do you know who beat the JV?

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited May 21, 2002).]

sinfan75
05-21-2002, 07:11 PM
If it was the first game it was probably Tuloso.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2002, 10:07 PM
i saw only one game and that was against T-M . They lost to Tulso-Midway, Beeville and M A T H I S. JV's got 2nd and Pirates from Mathis won district. Sinton's Freshmans won District. Sorry MPirate for not checking facts first and going by what i heard.

M.PIRATEFAN
05-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Say sinton fan in Austin don't worry about it no hard feelings. We all need to back up each other down here because we are both trying to make it to state and win right? We did it in 1999 and yall last year. So that says alot not only us but for other teams from the south. Anyways, does anyone know the schedules for 2002??? Let me know. Keep in touch and good luck on your next playoff game in bb. Keep in touch.

fatcat255
06-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Moving this back up. Pretty detailed reason in this thread why Longview Spring Hill received early consideration by Texas Football. Will they live up to that?, remains to be seen. Junior RB Jamario Thomas is the real deal, Seniors Trent Allen and Seth Brown are high quality Linebackers. Keep an eye on Sophomore Defensive Lineman Mike Smith and Senior Offensive Lineman Chad White.

MrFootball
06-21-2002, 07:55 PM
One team I feel alot of people are overlooking is Pittsburg. Even the Dave Campbell Magazine thinks they may be a darkhorse. I think Spring Hill better watch out. I think they have to much talent for Spring Hill. THey play another top ten team in DAingerfield Aug.30 everyone who reads this better try and be there because it is goin to be a showdown. If you go youbetter go early it will be full. If they pull tat game off they are ready. Tehre confidence will be built and they are jsut goin to explode. They are led by running back Sean Cooper #24. I think everyone tells me he runsa 4.4 everytime, on grass with cleats, with his fastest being 4.40. Also, Brannan "Duche" Moton #7 will step in and play QB h is the Left handed basketball sharp shooter who doesnt ahve alot of QB experience but had six picks in District play. Lamar Hughes #9 the Point Guard who brought his basketball talents to football and received WR of the year in District. The backbone of the team is Rell Porter #33 the 6'7 Post who is probaly Region II best basketball player became a lethal Free Safety by recording over 100 tackles and 5 Pics as a sophmore, to receive district Newcomer of the year awards. Besides those four they have tons of talent thats why I feel they are to loaded for SH and will probaly win the district. Remember when the Pirates win there Backs rack up good yards and they have a heck of a Back coming back for his finl year.

[This message has been edited by MrFootball (edited June 21, 2002).]

bd62
06-23-2002, 12:05 AM
yoakum should be a force in r-4 d-2. they have 16 lettermen ,6 off.,5 def. starters returning from a 9-4 team. 5 all dist. players return. q.b. passed for 1100 yds. r.b. rushed for close to 1000 yds. good help from undefeated j.v. and undefeated fr. teams.
tough non dist. schedule with lagrange,giddings, and edna.this should help them get ready for dist. play. in dist. with gonzales.cuero,luling,halletsville, goliad.

spirate_9
06-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66:
SinFaninAustin, I was also told the freshman team lost only one game and that was to 4A Calallen. That came from a kid on the team. Do you know who beat the JV?

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited May 21, 2002).]

Sinton's freshman team did go 9-1 with their only loss coming to Calallen...I'm not to sure about the JV but I think they lost a couple of games.

dab
07-05-2002, 03:23 PM
I think Gatesville will make some noise in Class AAA this year. The Hornets have yet to be knocked off by anyone in District 17 since they won the State Championship in 2000. They return 13 starters from a team that lost only three games a year ago. They lost some key linemen, but have a lot of skills players returning. I think they will make it through district without a problem and after playing such tough non-district competition, should be ready for the playoffs. Don't count the Hornets out just yet, they might surprise you.

sm51
07-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Sweetwater will be competitive this year. But we have to rebuild our whole offensive line. If our newley rebuilt line can protect Carrillo he can really be effective. We return i think 5 offensive and 6 defensive. We have a new running back this year which will be interesting to see what he can do. We have a Upcoming Junior reciever that should be very effective as well. Our whole JV that moves up have a very explosive offense last year and they all will play a very important roll in the success of our team. Our defense should be a lot better. Since we now run a straight 4-3. We have to big men in the middle of the line. In Guzman and J.Carrillo. They are unusually quick for their size. Our linebackers will be very effective this year. Because they work good as a whole crew. Not any one of them just stands out but as a whole they work good together.

Eagle 00
07-05-2002, 04:17 PM
sm51

Did you change your defense from last year?