PDA

View Full Version : sweetwater vs. graham

smustangs
09-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Any predicitons on the sweetwater graham game friday in mustang bowl. It will a be a very good game. What does graham have coming back or coming up?

buckwheat
09-01-2003, 04:17 PM
I believe Graham will have a field day with the ponies of Sweetwater. If it were up to me Graham would win by at least 30 points. Sweetwater sucks!!!

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 04:39 PM
buckwheat:
I believe Graham will have a field day with the ponies of Sweetwater. If it were up to me Graham would win by at least 30 points. Sweetwater sucks!!!Wonder where Buckwheat is from? Prolly a school Sweetwater beat last year. Decatur, Merkel, maybe Wylie?

redhot
09-01-2003, 06:03 PM
I figure it to be a very close game both teams have a very good defense but I figure Sweetwater will end up on top! Hey buckwheat several teams thought Sweetwater sucked last year and fell victim to the Stangs!

Chief Woodman
09-01-2003, 06:12 PM
HAY HAY HAY....LOL Decatur fell vicitims to the stangs...but any stang who was there can tell ya it could have went either way....and injuries did play a small role, just like they might have when Greenwoods player broke an ankle in state championship pre-game warm up...Just like Canyons season will no doubt suffer due to their QB injury.....Just like Midland Greenwood/ Ballanger last friday. one play that ended a few yards short could have made the difference between a "W" and a "L"....Just like sweetwater vs Greenwood in the next game....just like Greenwood vs Bandera in the finals...

When it comes to football, many games go in the "W" coloum, but not all are whippings.

Knightmoon
09-01-2003, 06:52 PM
wildstangs:

buckwheat:
I believe Graham will have a field day with the ponies of Sweetwater. If it were up to me Graham would win by at least 30 points. Sweetwater sucks!!!Wonder where Buckwheat is from? Prolly a school Sweetwater beat last year. Decatur, Merkel, maybe Wylie?I didn't post it, but wish I had. Merkel will beat Sweetwater this year and at home I might add. Merkel held Monahans to 176 total yards on offense. I see the same thing happening to Sweetwater and on their home turf too. Sweetwater is overrated as ususal. Sweetwater will be lucky to finish third in District 3-3A. With all that said, Sweetwater still beats Graham. District 3-3A is one of the toughest districts in the state. Sweetwater by 14.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Knightmoon ]</small>

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Knightmoon:

wildstangs:

buckwheat:
I believe Graham will have a field day with the ponies of Sweetwater. If it were up to me Graham would win by at least 30 points. Sweetwater sucks!!!Wonder where Buckwheat is from? Prolly a school Sweetwater beat last year. Decatur, Merkel, maybe Wylie?I didn't post it, but wish I had. Merkel will beat Sweetwater this year and at home I might add. Merkel held Monahans to 176 total yards on offense. I see the same thing happening to Sweetwater and on their home turf too. Sweetwater is overrated as ususal. Sweetwater will be lucky to finish third in District 3-3A. With all that said, Sweetwater still beats Graham. District 3-3A is one of the toughest districts in the state. Sweetwater by 14.Congrats on the win by the Badgers. I wouldnt exactly call Monahans a top caliber team, but it was a win. Someone from Merkel has a lot of credibility calling the Mustangs overrated. The last few seasons were supposed to be big for the Badgers, and they always end up playing bball right after week 10. Gotta watch out for those last place teams like Lamesa.

Wtx_coach
09-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Knightmoon:

wildstangs:

buckwheat:
I believe Graham will have a field day with the ponies of Sweetwater. If it were up to me Graham would win by at least 30 points. Sweetwater sucks!!!Wonder where Buckwheat is from? Prolly a school Sweetwater beat last year. Decatur, Merkel, maybe Wylie?I didn't post it, but wish I had. Merkel will beat Sweetwater this year and at home I might add. Merkel held Monahans to 176 total yards on offense. I see the same thing happening to Sweetwater and on their home turf too. Sweetwater is overrated as ususal. Sweetwater will be lucky to finish third in District 3-3A. With all that said, Sweetwater still beats Graham. District 3-3A is one of the toughest districts in the state. Sweetwater by 14.Knightmoon, Monahans installed a new spread offense that is going horrible for them right now, they struggled in the scrimmages against Brownfield and Shallowater, so dont put to much emphasis on the defense right now, oh yea Sweetwater will win district!!

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Chief Woodman:
HAY HAY HAY....LOL Decatur fell vicitims to the stangs...but any stang who was there can tell ya it could have went either way....and injuries did play a small role, just like they might have when Greenwoods player broke an ankle in state championship pre-game warm up...Just like Canyons season will no doubt suffer due to their QB injury.....Just like Midland Greenwood/ Ballanger last friday. one play that ended a few yards short could have made the difference between a "W" and a "L"....Just like sweetwater vs Greenwood in the next game....just like Greenwood vs Bandera in the finals...

When it comes to football, many games go in the "W" coloum, but not all are whippings.If a frog had wings he wouldnt kick himself in the ass when he leaped.

Chief Woodman
09-01-2003, 09:22 PM
LOL///you are so right wildstangs.

VWG
09-01-2003, 09:25 PM
It's funny that both Graham and Sweetwater both had games that were called due to bad weather. Graham only played 2 qtrs. before both teams decided to call it quits. Graham 24 FW South Hills 10.
I thought that Vernon and Sweetwater were going to play out the rest of their game on Saturday... what happened?
My take on this game is that both teams are well coached teams. Jackson and Bourquin both will have solid game plans. Bourquin and the Steers will run the veer... all night long. They live by it and they die by it. If Sweetwater's D can stop the veer, then they should be able to put some points on the Steers and win the game. Although, that is no easy task against Graham's defense. They have an outstanding set of interior linebackers and their defensive line is kind of a "by committee" group. The good thing is that all of the d-line who rotate are good sized kids.
Graham is vulnerable in the secondary. FW South Hills had a pretty good QB, and he exploited their secondary at times. If he could have gotten hot in the second half, then it could have been a shootout.
Graham's offense struggled against FW South Hills. They shot themselves in the foot several times with turnovers.(all fumbles) Graham has speed, and if they can get the corner then it's a foot race. But they have to execute the option.
Last year's game was a good one, and went down to the wire. I think that this will also be a good game as well.
My prediction... I give the Mustangs home field advantage and a 14 - 10 win over Graham.

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 09:46 PM
VWG: Sweetwater and Vernon were scheduled to play at 6:00 on Saturday. That morning Coach Jackson called up and cancelled because there were storms in the Wichita Falls area. I wanted to see a game, but at the same time I am kinda glad it got called. It would have been rough on our guys to have to go back up there that day. Sweetwater and Graham should be good. I will take Sweetwater by 7.

pero chato
09-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Sweetwater has too much speed and too many weapons. We will find out this year that Mr. Carillo was not the entire Sweetwater football team as many (not me) thought. I'm not a fan of Graham's veer offense, but it does appear to work most of the time. Sweetwater's D will step up and cause turnovers. I pick Mustangs by 17.

mustang04
09-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Buckwheat and knightmoon, dont get on here and say "oh the 'Stangs suck, they arent gonna win district...bla bla bla" this topic is about us playing Graham, theres no need to get on and talk trash, thats for the kids. But anyways, i think it will be an awesome game this friday, vernons offense has been very consistent over the years and theyve done good w/ it, i hope that it doesnt end up storming haha, but i hope that it turns out to be an awesome game and good luck to Graham players and their coaches

mustang04
09-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Whoa whoa whoa my bad...up there when i said vernons offense...i meant Graham's...i was thinkin about the vernon game...my bad sry

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mustang04:
[QB]Buckwheat and knightmoon, dont get on here and say "oh the 'Stangs suck, they arent gonna win district...bla bla bla"

Mustang04, Jealousy is a stinking cologne.

Wbulldogs
09-01-2003, 10:15 PM
qb][/QUOTE]Wonder where Buckwheat is from? Prolly a school Sweetwater beat last year. Decatur, Merkel, maybe Wylie?[/QB][/QUOTE]

hey now im from wylie...that games in the past lol

wildstangs
09-01-2003, 10:24 PM
hey now im from wylie...that games in the past lol[/QB][/QUOTE]

No offense to you. Wylie has several great people on the message board.

mustang04
09-01-2003, 10:36 PM
I understand where u are coming from wildstangs, jealousy is something alot of us wear sometimes, but theres no need givin everybody a free example like other posts are doing, and even though we did beat wylie and decature and merkel and other teams last year, yall are right it is in the past, but it leads up to ppl talkin trash until we play them again, i aint gonna talk trash, they were good teams and i respect them, but i dont respect fans or players that cant accept the fact that it was last year and that this is a new season, nobody knows whats gonna happen.....thats just my opinion on it

Wbulldogs
09-02-2003, 02:09 PM
hey wildstangs i know im just messin with ya...but i still have to say that sweetwater is goin to blow away graham...i think graham thinks that since carillo (spelling?) isnt there that now they are trashed but i know from playin sw that they have alot more weapons

go dawgs #3

BigW
09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Graham has a grind it out type of offense that seems to get to the goal line but I think that Sweetwater will make the big plays!
Sweetwater by 7.

buckwheat
09-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Would you belive ole buckwheat is from Sweetwater.I just get tired of the fans acting like football is the only sport in town. All i heard last year was about their one man team. I wanna know if the stangs are gonna have 11 people playing on the field this year or are they gonna have a "savior" this year.

VWG
09-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Very interesting.... everyone has picked the Mustangs to win. With the exception of Spanky...errr, I mean Buckwheat.

wildstangs
09-02-2003, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buckwheat:
[QB]Would you belive ole buckwheat is from Sweetwater.I just get tired of the fans acting like football is the only sport in town.

I moved after graduation in 2001 so I am not sure what is goinng on. Has Sweetwater added another sport other than football? :)

mustang04
09-02-2003, 09:52 PM
hahahaha...good one wildstangs...well buckwheat, this IS a football site, yeah we talk about basketball nd a lil baseball, but this was made for football, and im very surprised that u live in sweetwater and have no clue about our team, do u live under a rock?? maybe u need to come watch us, but ill let our teams action speak for me cuz it will be better than what i can ever say

Knightmoon
09-02-2003, 11:56 PM
I know for a fact. There AINT no other sport in Sweetwater. The Mustangs have a long winning tradition. They WILL have a good team this year, MAYBE not as good as last year's team, but they will just have to prove me wrong. Got to admit, I am looking forward to the MERKEL/Sweetwater game. Merkel has something to prove too. Good luck against Graham.