PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio people....HELP!!!

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Okay....I am going to Cuero this weekend....mapblast, mapquest all say to take Loop 1604 around San Antonio.

Gobbla tells me to take I-10 to 87 - and it's easier/faster.

He has sent me directions, but I am STILL confused. (I know how hard that is to believe)!

I am so paranoid when I don't know EXACTLY where I am going!!

Does anyone want to meet me on the side of the road Friday so I can follow you through San Antonio???

:D :D :D

HAHA...just kidding, of course.

But....how does Gobbla's route sound?
Any other landmarks I need to look for besides the "Whataburger"??

I just don't see, on the map, where I-10 and 87 intersect.....do they or is their another road I need to be on first?

I know I am looking for the 87/Victoria/Houston exit.....will that be off of I-10.

That's where I am confused....on this map it looks like I-10 runs into I-10!
Does I-10 turn into I-35 at some point?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/SanAntonio-1mapped.gif

If I am reading this map right, both the roads that I have colored with green and yellow lines are I-10!

Gobblas directions will more than likely get me there.....he knows me well enough to use "turn left or right".....instead of east or west!!!:D

I just wanted to see what some others thought. I had it all planned to go Loop 1604, but didn't realize there would be traffic lights on it.

I always thought a loop was a continious circle around a town/city with no stops!

sinton66
08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
I10 makes a hard left just south of downtown, but it is a marked continuous route. If you follow the signs toward Houston, you shouldn't get lost. After you pass the I37 exit to Corpus, start watching for the US87 exit to Victoria. It's pretty much on the southeast corner of San Antonio.

vet93
08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Hope this trip doesn't end up like that playoff trip a few years back;)

pirate4state
08-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Can't wait for a report on this road trip!! Wonder if it'll be anything like the return trip from the state game? :eek: :evillaugh

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I10 makes a hard left just south of downtown, but it is a marked continuous route. If you follow the signs toward Houston, you shouldn't get lost. After you pass the I37 exit to Corpus, start watching for the US87 exit to Victoria. It's pretty much on the southeast corner of San Antonio.

Okay...that's pretty much answers my question!!

That was where I was getting confused when I-10 was going one way and all the sudden it was going the other.

Like I have always said, I am geographically challenged, so I have to have my ducks all in a row before I leave.

That, and the fact that I will have 2 teenage girls with me, so by the time I hit San Antonio...I am sure I will be a nervous wreck anyway!!:p

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Okay....after sinton66 answered that question....all of Gobbla's directions just fell in line.

I have my map and Gobblas instructions printed out and ready to go!

Now I feel confident!!!

:eek: ......I am assuming I take the same route back home???:p

Old Green
08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
If you need some phone numbers in case you need any kind of help, I'll PM you mine.

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
If you need some phone numbers in case you need any kind of help, I'll PM you mine.

If you know of a convenience store that carries only red condoms, I'm sure she'd appreciate that info. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

(Sorry RM....just couldn't resist. ;) )

Old Green
08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If you know of a convenience store that carries only red condoms, I'm sure she'd appreciate that info. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:eek: :p :D We feel good this morning !!:devil:

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 10:59 AM
RM, you can follow me through SA on to Cuero, I can leave anytime on Friday, just give me a call on the # I gave to you and we can set up a time/meeting place when you get into SA! It's up to you!.....just let me know!

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If you know of a convenience store that carries only red condoms, I'm sure she'd appreciate that info. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

(Sorry RM....just couldn't resist. ;) )

Ya know....I better stock up on those before I leave. I'm not gonna have any boys I can run into the bathroom to buy them!

But wait a minute.....do they sell those in the womens restroom too??

I know some have machines on the walls but I never pay attention to them....I am usually concentrating on trying not to touch anything!!:D

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ya know....I better stock up on those before I leave. I'm not gonna have any boys I can run into the bathroom to buy them!

But wait a minute.....do they sell those in the womens restroom too??

I know some have machines on the walls but I never pay attention to them....I am usually concentrating on trying not to touch anything!!:D

theres this store on I-10 that sells... :D

pirate4state
08-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
theres this store on I-10 that sells... :D LOL - I'm sure there is more than one!!! :eek: :D

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
RM, you can follow me through SA on to Cuero, I can leave anytime on Friday, just give me a call on the # I gave to you and we can set up a time/meeting place when you get into SA! It's up to you!.....just let me know!

COOL!!!!!

I got the number!

I have no idea what time we will hit there. I am going to have to tell the girls to limit their liquid intake...I dont wanna be stopping every 30 minutes!:rolleyes:

cdlvj
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
The 1604 route would not be that bad, as the lights are near Randolph AFB. And some of these are just blinking caution lights.

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 11:13 AM
COOL!!!!!

I got the number!

I have no idea what time we will hit there. I am going to have to tell the girls to limit their liquid intake...I dont wanna be stopping every 30 minutes!:rolleyes:

Ya, it helps me out due to no classes on fridays this semester, LOL 'bout the fluids. It takes about an hour and a half when I leave from SA to get to Cuero, depending on how bad traffic it that day, but it usually isn't too bad. And you said girls?...Is ashton bringing a friend to tag along for the journey....that's cool, she'll at least have someone to relate to while watchin' the game in the stands!:D

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Ya, it helps me out due to no classes on fridays this semester, LOL 'bout the fluids. It takes about an hour and a half when I leave from SA to get to Cuero, depending on how bad traffic it that day, but it usually isn't too bad. And you said girls?...Is ashton bringing a friend to tag along for the journey....that's cool, she'll at least have someone to relate to while watchin' the game in the stands!:D

Yeah, she's bringing a friend. They are so excited since, both being trainers, this will be the first football game they will have been able to sit in the stands and watch in 3 years!

44INAROW
08-22-2005, 11:34 AM

that is going to be really nice.. hope that works out.. :)

pirate4state
08-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, she's bringing a friend. They are so excited since, both being trainers, this will be the first football game they will have been able to sit in the stands and watch in 3 years!

Did you get tickets on the Cuero side? I've noticed that some of their fans have to sit in the visitors section. :eek: Hope you find a good seat! :)

crabman
08-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Just for your info, IH 10 is under construction all through downtown right now. Loop 1604 is pretty easy to go around. Loop 410 is even easier. The route through town is not bad but I am going to screw you up one more time. When you are coming down IH-10 at "the Whataburger" where US 87 exits to the right, don't turn. That is a bad part of town. You wouldn't want to get caught in there. Look at your mapblast map again. Just stay on IH10 until Loop 410 and hang a right. Go down about 2 miles and there is US 87 off to the left and on to Cuero. Once you look at this route, you will probably find out that it is just as easy to take on of the loops.

pirate4state
08-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Just for your info, IH 10 is under construction all through downtown right now. Loop 1604 is pretty easy to go around. Loop 410 is even easier. The route through town is not bad but I am going to screw you up one more time. When you are coming down IH-10 at "the Whataburger" where US 87 exits to the right, don't turn. That is a bad part of town. You wouldn't want to get caught in there. Look at your mapblast map again. Just stay on IH10 until Loop 410 and hang a right. Go down about 2 miles and there is US 87 off to the left and on to Cuero. Once you look at this route, you will probably find out that it is just as easy to take on of the loops. :doh: :eek:

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Just for your info, IH 10 is under construction all through downtown right now. Loop 1604 is pretty easy to go around. Loop 410 is even easier. The route through town is not bad but I am going to screw you up one more time. When you are coming down IH-10 at "the Whataburger" where US 87 exits to the right, don't turn. That is a bad part of town. You wouldn't want to get caught in there. Look at your mapblast map again. Just stay on IH10 until Loop 410 and hang a right. Go down about 2 miles and there is US 87 off to the left and on to Cuero. Once you look at this route, you will probably find out that it is just as easy to take on of the loops.

I like Loop 410 alot more than 1604 also. Sorry RM...:)

Who is Cuero playing this weekend that brings you this far?

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Did you get tickets on the Cuero side? I've noticed that some of their fans have to sit in the visitors section. :eek: Hope you find a good seat! :) She is sittin with 44, she has season tickets!!!!

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Did you get tickets on the Cuero side? I've noticed that some of their fans have to sit in the visitors section. :eek: Hope you find a good seat! :)

44INAROW is helping me out there, said we could sit with her in the reserved seats.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I like Loop 410 alot more than 1604 also. Sorry RM...:)

Who is Cuero playing this weekend that brings you this far?

I don't know who they are playing actually.

We don't have a game this weekend, and I have been wanting to meet some of the Cuero people.

So we just decided to have a "girls' weekend" and go visit!!

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 12:12 PM
CC West Oso, shouldn't be a close game, I hope!:D

But Phil keeps reminding us to be aware of the howling bear, wish the howling bear would get a hold of him and............:inlove:

44INAROW
08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
44INAROW is helping me out there, said we could sit with her in the reserved seats.

We'll be sitting above Crabman, so we can throw popcorn at him :D :D :D :D

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 12:19 PM

I'm drivin back to SA today, will see how bad the construction is...came home on saturday on I-10 and it was fine......that's the way I usually go, stay on I-10 til I get to 410, it's a whole lot faster and SAFER! Don't worry, if RM follows me, she'll make it to Cuero on time and safely.....but it's when she get's to 44's house that we'll begin to worry!;) :rolleyes: :inlove:

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
.....but it's when she get's to 44's house that we'll begin to worry!;) :rolleyes: :inlove:

LOL....I bet it will be a fun weekend! For some reason, Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" keeps going through my head! :D

44INAROW
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....I bet it will be a fun weekend! For some reason, Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" keeps going through my head! :D

lol I am going to have to behave that night.. getting up early and have a 9 hour drive ahead of me on Saturday :) We will be hitting one of the "fine dining establishments" in town though :D :D

Gobbla2001
08-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I also told her just to keep going straight and not to turn left to Cuero when the sign tells you to, thatta way she doesn't have to turn any after SA...

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
I promise yall that I'm not stupid....I'm actually fairly intelligent.....just DO NOT like driving in big cities!!

I'm not used to this AT ALL!

:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 04:28 PM
I think my best bet is to follow gobblerfan02, I darn sure don't wanna get caught in the "bad" side of town, especially now since my oldest told me I could take his truck for the weekend!!:D

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get home!!:doh:

gobblerfan02, I will PM you my cell also!!

44INAROW
08-22-2005, 05:03 PM
I

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get home!!:doh:

Going home will be a breeze :) Sunday traffic in SA is nothing like Friday :)

SintonFan
08-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I promise yall that I'm not stupid....I'm actually fairly intelligent.....just DO NOT like driving in big cities!!

I'm not used to this AT ALL!

:eek: :eek:
Just make sure you drive through town before 3pm on a Friday. After that the traffic on I-10 is horrible until around 6-6:30, especially in the construction areas(I10 and loop 410 on the NW side).
Taking I-10 to 410 on the east side is a great idea. That little part of 87 is a little scary.

turbostud
08-22-2005, 05:36 PM
COOL!!!!!

I got the number!

You can limit their liquid intake as much as you like, you will still be stopping every 30 minutes. Its a woman thing. To bad they just cant go in an empty bottle like guys do on the road.:D

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
You can limit their liquid intake as much as you like, you will still be stopping every 30 minutes. Its a woman thing. To bad they just cant go in an empty bottle like guys do on the road.:D

Actually I am more worried about me than them!:)

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Just make sure you drive through town before 3pm on a Friday. After that the traffic on I-10 is horrible until around 6-6:30, especially in the construction areas(I10 and loop 410 on the NW side).
Taking I-10 to 410 on the east side is a great idea. That little part of 87 is a little scary.

The route I am taking shows to be appx. 411 miles. I will hit I-10 in Ozona and will be on there til San Antonio!

I was planning on leaving by 8:00 that morning....that should put me in San Antonio between 12:00 and 1:00 or thereabouts!!

maverick1
08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
When in doubt, just call a man who knows what's going on.

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by maverick1
When in doubt, just call a man who knows what's going on.

In my 41 years, I have yet to find one of those!:p

maverick1
08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Give me a shot, I bet I could find you a decent one. :clap:

Bandera YaYa
08-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by maverick1
Give me a shot, I bet I could find you a decent one. :clap: Ha, I bet you can't!!!!! :wave:

sinton66
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
In my 41 years, I have yet to find one of those!:p

HEY, hey, hey!!!!! You've met me.:D

bulldogbark
08-22-2005, 07:39 PM
if you end up in Jasper , just give call I 'll turn you around and send you back on your way.:clap:

gobbler grad
08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
you will have a great time and meet some interesting people in Cuero...have a safe trip...:)