PDA

View Full Version : Columbia @ Yoakum

neck_06
08-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Well, kickoff for this one is only 3 days away, what are some thoughts on the game?

Last years game ended with Columbia on top 28-10.

I'm taking the necks!!

rhs78
08-22-2005, 07:55 AM
I think Columbia wins this one. Yoakum has some holes to fill and should get better as the season goes. Is the game @WC?

neck_06
08-22-2005, 07:57 AM
the game is in Yoakum

neck_94
08-22-2005, 08:32 AM
two words:

SPEED KILLS

I take the roughnecks in this one on the road.

gobbler grad
08-22-2005, 08:58 AM
should be a very good game...

Go Dawgs...

Old Green
08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm going with the Necks

pancho villa
08-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Necks win by 14.

scrub c
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
well boys and girls if this aint the exact opposite setup of last years game...
i believe the dogs were highly ranked (top 20) preseason and not much was expected from a young roughneck team.
Result Roughneck win.

The Necks are highly ranked (top 20) preseason and not much is expected from a young Yoakum team that lost a lot of starters from last years squad.
Predicted Rusult Still a Roughneck win.

Good Luck to both teams.

GO GONZALES ! ! !

neck_06
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
ttt

KingRob
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Yoakum will give them a good game, but I think the 'necks will break away in the 4th qtr to win it 27-13.

nexfan
08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Ole Columbia should be pretty potent on offense. The defense is fast but lost some size. I dont know how fast Yoakum is on defense, but the need to be if they are going to stop Jared Flannel. This is Tim Vernor's third year at the reigns, so he should be calm, experienced and productive. Shane Minks is a hell of a back up to boot. I wonder who will catch the jump ball between Fields and Brittain? Should be a great game, just wish I didnt have to drive all the way to Yoakum!

underware
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
It's gonna be a tough game for Yoakum at home. WC will have a good game. YT has too many holes to fill and their still trying to fill them. I'm going with Yoakum because I'm from Yoakum.

GoFightWin
08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
West Columbia

Gobbla2001
08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
I picked WC because of what each team has coming back...

But I will add to this that the Yoakum team I saw play Cuero last year was not better, but almost as good as the WC team I saw play Cuero last year, meaning they showed improvement after losing to WC last year...

But I just can't see what Yoakum has coming up having the upper-hand on what the Necks bring to the table this year...

HOWEVER, I feel this will be closer than expected...

I'll be pullin' for Yoakum, just because they're from our district and I can only hate them one week out of the year, but something's pointing to West Columbia...

wannabgobbler08
08-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Since I live across from Bulldog stadium and attend the school, I should be the one to say that Yoakum has nothin! There backs aren't as good and the QB is no where close to Travis Starling. I look for Yoakum to miss the playoffs and Get crushed by WC!!

neck_06
08-24-2005, 07:25 AM
ttt

pancho villa
08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
Since I live across from Bulldog stadium and attend the school, I should be the one to say that Yoakum has nothin! There backs aren't as good and the QB is no where close to Travis Starling. I look for Yoakum to miss the playoffs and Get crushed by WC!!

You are a jerk!

neck_06
08-24-2005, 08:05 AM
JERK.......root for your school............prolly just crying cuz he didn't make varsity

gobblerfan02
08-24-2005, 08:11 AM
WOW, what a 5th post by wannabgobbler08!....geee, and I thought we had some optimistic fans on here!?

wannabgobbler08
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
JERK.......root for your school............prolly just crying cuz he didn't make varsity

Just to let yall know, I don't play football. Never have never will. I'm one of the biggest gobbler fans you'll every meet. My cousin is the RG for the Gobblers, gobbler84, and two of my best friends, chubbed_up and We're Back, are also on the team. Family lives there and I'm in the town every chance I get. I'm bleeding green for the Cuero Gobblers. Always Have, Always will.
GO GOBBLERS!!

wannabgobbler08
08-24-2005, 09:22 PM
AND WHO DOESN"T LOVE THE GOBBLERS!!

neck_06
08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
AND WHO DOESN"T LOVE THE GOBBLERS!!

i don't, and i know the everyone in yoakum except you doesn't

why don't you just move over to cuero since you are so much in love with them

neck_06
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM
i bet wannabgobbler is the waterboy @ yoakum

pancho villa
08-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Just to let yall know, I don't play football. Never have never will. I'm one of the biggest gobbler fans you'll every meet. My cousin is the RG for the Gobblers, gobbler84, and two of my best friends, chubbed_up and We're Back, are also on the team. Family lives there and I'm in the town every chance I get. I'm bleeding green for the Cuero Gobblers. Always Have, Always will.
GO GOBBLERS!!

Loser! You don't play football cause you are a wimp.

raider red 2000
08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
pancho- go get him :)

LogieJoeBean001
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
wow, what hostility so early....it's just week 0.....for crying out loud! This is actually quite comical, of course, I do always try and look at things optimistically!!!

I bid all good luck this season and may everyones' team achieve and be all that they can be.

......here's to a successful season!!!!

pancho villa
08-25-2005, 09:55 AM
A person should root for their team.

raider red 2000
08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
pancho- you are right.

i could not imagine someone from my town hoping El Campo would win.

i am not sure who yalls closet rival is...sweeny???...but people must support the locals.

good luck against yoakum

pancho villa
08-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks, get on them Rice Birds.

LogieJoeBean001
08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
A person should root for their team.

Nowhere at anytime did I suggest not backing the local team, did I?

...I was just tryin' to lighten up the conversation before things really became overheated! As I said, just trying to be an optimist and also trying to be an ambassador of goodwill, representing my community, town and team in a positive light by showing sportsmanship and wishing good tidings to all teams, friend or foe.

We WILL be serving Ricebird stew immediately following the completion of the game!

Hey neighbor, how long has it been since you've had a hot, steaming bowl of Ricebird stew.....well, that's tooooo long! It has been too long and I know a lot of veeeerrrrryyyy huuunnnngggrrryyy TIGERS!!!!

neck_06
08-25-2005, 12:50 PM
how does ricebird stew taste? i've never had it

raider red 2000
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Nowhere at anytime did I suggest not backing the local team, did I?

...I was just tryin' to lighten up the conversation before things really became overheated! As I said, just trying to be an optimist and also trying to be an ambassador of goodwill, representing my community, town and team in a positive light by showing sportsmanship and wishing good tidings to all teams, friend or foe.

We WILL be serving Ricebird stew immediately following the completion of the game!

Hey neighbor, how long has it been since you've had a hot, steaming bowl of Ricebird stew.....well, that's tooooo long! It has been too long and I know a lot of veeeerrrrryyyy huuunnnngggrrryyy TIGERS!!!!

i think mr villa was referring to the kid from yoakum that is a gobblers fan.

we know you are a supporter and we hope to come back home with a victory.

KingRob
08-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey Wannabgobbler08, I don't blame you for wanting to be a Gobbler! Deep down inside, I think everyone does!:D :cool: ;)

wannabgobbler08
08-25-2005, 05:03 PM
i don't, and i know the everyone in yoakum except you doesn't

why don't you just move over to cuero since you are so much in love with them

Just to let you know how much you know, There's only one week out of the season where Yoakum hates Cuero and Cuero hates Yoakum, and that's when they play each other. Everyone down here hopes the Gobblers can make it back to state in D1. But then in D2 they want Yoakum to win. In the playoffs, Yoakum is Cuero's biggest fan supporting them through they're playoff run and Cuero is Yoakum's biggest through the playoffs. When Yoakum went to state in baseball and Cuero went 2-8, no was hatin' on Yoakum. As a matter of fact, 1/5 of the people at Yoakum's games we're from Cuero cheering them on. So before you jump to conclusions, get the knowledge first. And yes, I wish i could move to Cuero. I just about live there anyways just down here because of my dads job, but before you start jumping on people's back about who they root for how bout you take a trip down here to Yoakum and ask people then go another 13 miles to Cuero and ask them! Other wise KEEP ON HUSH!!

wannabgobbler08
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM

And I bet you are the Cheerleading spotter @ WC!!!

neck_06
08-26-2005, 07:27 AM
And I bet you are the Cheerleading spotter @ WC!!!

better a cheerleading spotter than a WATERBOY!

pancho villa
08-26-2005, 07:56 AM
wannab is a loser. Did you get pushed around by some football players in Yoakum, or by some band members?

gobblerfan02
08-26-2005, 08:44 AM

WILL YOU EVER GET A NEW SAYING, GEE, I KNOW THIS ONE IS AT LEAST A YEAR OLD!:D

Hey, I hear the Cuero Athletic Dep. is still hiring for the position of waterboy....I thought you were going to apply last season after W.C.'s last game, but I guess they thought you couldn't get the job done. If he is the waterboy, he must be more overly-qualified than you!

It's ok, wannabegobbler, he's still bitter about last season!:rolleyes:

pancho villa
08-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
WILL YOU EVER GET A NEW SAYING, GEE, I KNOW THIS ONE IS AT LEAST A YEAR OLD!:D

Hey, I hear the Cuero Athletic Dep. is still hiring for the position of waterboy....I thought you were going to apply last season after W.C.'s last game, but I guess they thought you couldn't get the job done. If he is the waterboy, he must be more overly-qualified than you!

It's ok, wannabegobbler, he's still bitter about last season!:rolleyes:

The real waterboy speaks up. And to take up for a traitor.