PDA

View Full Version : Question?

dutchman
08-22-2005, 06:49 AM
On another board Manor states that they have an offense that only two other teams in the state run and that no one will be able to hang with it. Wishbone, I believe some of the schools out west run it. The Wing-T and Slot-T more teams down south run, I noticed during the playoffs lst year. Any idea what this offense is?

TheInfamousIt24
08-22-2005, 10:11 AM
You never know what's going on in Manor. They are pretty crazy.

Old Tiger
08-22-2005, 10:13 AM
I saw that also...very weird.

Maybe he means the scheme is only ran by 2 teams

Ranger Mom
08-22-2005, 10:14 AM
He is saying that only two teams in the state run the "wishbone"??

Not hardly!!

dutchman
08-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I do not know if the offense was the wishbone, that was a guess, with the athleticism of so many teams, a lot have moved away from the wishbone and gone to the spread to attempt to move skills players away from the line. Personally, I prefer teams that run the ball, but a quick strike offense should always be a part of the package, especially in the playoffs. Maybe someone running their mouth, but they do have a new coach. Any one familiar with his coaching style?

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Maybe they're running the QB to Swain offense. Oh wait....Swain graduated. ;)

It sounds to me that someone's either running their mouth or completely clueless. I can't imagine an offense that only 1 other team in the state besides Manor runs. :thinking:

shellman54
08-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Gee, I wonder why they didn't post it on here. Oh wait, they probably know better!!!!

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I detest being stumped. :mad: Being the curious person I am, I simply asked. :nerd: That helped a lot - 4 running backs that all get the ball. :rolleyes:

dutchman
08-22-2005, 02:19 PM
that is not new. marlin normally runs six that rotate in.

kaorder1999
08-22-2005, 02:27 PM
maybe they are running the old single wing!

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
that is not new. marlin normally runs six that rotate in.

It's good to have backups and/or reserves. Depending on one or two could be hazardous if there's injuries.

Originally posted by kaorder1999

I wondered that myself, or possibly double wing. (LOL I cheated. :p )

Hopefully Mustang89 will be on in a few days and can fill us in. If not, I guess it will be up to one of us LH folks, since their games before us are against Del Valle & Austin Johnston. :hairpunk:

kepdawg
08-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
4 running backs that all get the ball. :rolleyes:

Does that mean they don't have a quarterback?

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Does that mean they don't have a quarterback?

Beats the heck out of me. That was my first thought after I got that as an answer. :)

GreenMonster
08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Iowa Park has a Single Wing package complete with the Jump Pass.

bulldogbark
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
we put three QB/RB in our backfield. its heck on the center to be able to hike to the one that supposed to get the ball. after that its run run run:)

Mustang '89
08-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I think it's a variation of the slot- t/ wing-t set. Similar to Liberty Hill's offense except slot back does not motion to the backfield set, he runs full speed parallel to the line of scrimmage reaching the QB at the time of the snap. QB turns his back to the line of scrimmage and has his pick of three backs to hand off to. Lot's of misdirection and slight of hand.... They call it the "fly....something or other." Offensive Coordinator brought it from Lampasas with him. We go from throwing the ball 60 times a game to running it sixty times.

I think it is stoppable..any offense is. (Stay at home and read your keys.) I think they can be good if they can hold on to the ball. But I'm not expecting too much this season. But one thing a will say is Manor has a "ton" of speed on this team, just not enough experience.

That person on the other site might be pulling your leg a bit. Manor did move the ball downfield and fumbled in the red zone a few times...but Wimberley was clearly a better team.