PDA

View Full Version : 26-3a

cowboy
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
How do you guys see 26-3A playing out. I hear from several that Yoakum will be down a bit this year. Luling didn't have Head Coach at the the end of school year. What are some of the things that you guys are hearing around the district.

I will go out on a limb(just kidding) and say Cuero will win district.
but who will battle for the 2nd and 3rd.

Gobbla2001
08-21-2005, 06:12 PM
I think Hallettsville will get back in...

The 3rd spot should be between Yoakum, Luling and Gonzales... dunno how Edna will bounce back, but they had a good coach step in so you never know...

rhs78
08-21-2005, 08:06 PM
I think that Gonzales should be a improved team over last year. we scrimmaged thurs and i did not get to attend the score on the controlled section was one or two scores each, in the game part gonzales scored late to win 2-1. I talked to our coach about the Apaches and he said that this was the best Gonzales team he has scrimmaged against over the last 5 years which should mean that they will compete for the third playoff spot. In such a case Cuero has a chance of going Small school this year. But of course their are a lot of games to be played and things may change a little in this district. just my opinion. and observation. Good luck to all in 26-3a

KATS
08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
How has Edna done against East Bernard and Industrial?
What are their chances against Van Vleck this week?

gobblerfan02
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
I think that Gonzales should be a improved team over last year. which should mean that they will compete for the third playoff spot. In such a case Cuero has a chance of going Small school this year.

And wouldn't that put a burst in everyone's bubble!!!!!!

It would certainly stir things up a bit!:thinking: :D

dutchman
08-22-2005, 06:53 AM
The general thought is that Jasper and Cuero will go DII this year.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
The general thought is that Jasper and Cuero will go DII this year.

I've heard that we're predicted to go D2 by some...

but it is by no means the general thought...

KingRob
08-22-2005, 11:16 AM
I think Halletsville and Gonzales will take second and third, but I wouldn't doubt Yoakum. Edna has been down the last couple of years, but I remember when they played tough against just about anybody. I don't care what division it's in, I want Cuero to win state!

gobblerfan02
08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I think Halletsville and Gonzales will take second and third, but I wouldn't doubt Yoakum. Edna has been down the last couple of years, but I remember when they played tough against just about anybody. I don't care what division it's in, I want Cuero to win state!
I totally agree with ya kingrob, hence, look at the sig!

KingRob
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
gobblerfan02, your sig is uber cool!:cool:

cowboy
08-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I agree with kingrob Cuero, Gonzales, Halletsville in that order with yoakum nipping at the heels Edna will be young and have a new O fence which is a drastic change from the past. The Industrial practice Edna took every snap from the Shot gun.

chubbed_up
08-22-2005, 08:05 PM
i wish gonzales would make it, there are some teams in DII i would love to go after