13. Ryan Leaf-Chargers & Cowboys

14. Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson-Cowboys,Oilers & 49'ers

15. Bill Romanowsk-49'ers,Eagles,Broncos & Raiders

16. Michael Irvin-Dallas Cowboys

17. John Matuszak-Oakland Raiders

18. John Elway-Denver Broncos

19. Mark Gastineau-New York Jets

20. Warren Sapp-Buccaneers & Raiders

NFL's Bad Boys (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/08/17/nfl.most.controversial/content.1.html)

Pmoney
08-21-2005, 03:22 PM
thats a good list except TO needs to be #1 and Randy Moss in the top 3

kaorder1999
08-21-2005, 03:50 PM
to is an idiot

Old Tiger
08-21-2005, 05:04 PM
What is so controversal about Moss?

HighSchool Fan
08-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What is so controversal about Moss?

let's see, he admits to drug use, he leaves the field before the game is over, he runs over a cop and drags her down a city block...do you need anymore??

PhiI C
08-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Let the debate begin.

What about OJ? No elaboration needed.

What about Alex Karras the great Detroit defensive lineman who was also banned with Hornung. And he was the one with the defiant attitude unlike Hornung who was very repentant.

QB Bobby Lane was known for his late night partying before games even though the next day he was great.

Also why Jim Brown? He had hinted the season before retirement that it would probably be his last year. Why the shock?

John Elway? It was the Colts fault for drafting him and then they should have got more than they did. A wasted opportunity by the Colts.

And Dick Butcus the great linebacker is not on the list. He was very controversial at the time just like Dobbler.

Probably worthy only of honroable mention is Frank Ryan who lead Cleveland to an upset over the Colts in the NFL championship in 1964. This was a big upset because the Browns were big underdogs. Ryan had a good day probably because the Colts were more concerned with stopping Jim Brown. The controvery was shortly after the game the Jets signed Joe Namath to a multi-year $400,000 contract which was a lot and sensational at the time. This was Ryan's last big fling but when he heard of the signing he said "If he's worth $400,000 then I'm worth a million." :)

ILS1
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Let the debate begin.

What about OJ? No elaboration needed.

What about Alex Karras the great Detroit defensive lineman who was also banned with Hornung. And he was the one with the defiant attitude unlike Hornung who was very repentant.

QB Bobby Lane was known for his late night partying before games even though the next day he was great.

Also why Jim Brown? He had hinted the season before retirement that it would probably be his last year. Why the shock?

John Elway? It was the Colts fault for drafting him and then they should have got more than they did. A wasted opportunity by the Colts.

And Dick Butcus the great linebacker is not on the list. He was very controversial at the time just like Dobbler.

Probably worthy only of honroable mention is Frank Ryan who lead Cleveland to an upset over the Colts in the NFL championship in 1964. This was a big upset because the Browns were big underdogs. Ryan had a good day probably because the Colts were more concerned with stopping Jim Brown. The controvery was shortly after the game the Jets signed Joe Namath to a multi-year $400,000 contract which was a lot and sensational at the time. This was Ryan's last big fling but when he heard of the signing he said "If he's worth $400,000 then I'm worth a million." :)

Thanks Phil!! You brought up alot of good points. Believe it or not,I almost totally forgot about O.J.!!! Here's one: Art Schliester the former Ohio State QB (I can't remember what NFL team he played for,I think Cincinnati) he was banned for life from the NFL for gambling. How about coaches? Buddy Ryan comes to mind in the "Bounty Bowl" or when he was an assistant with the Oilers and took a swing at OC Kevin Gilbride DURING a game.

:D

PhiI C
08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Right you are ILS and how about Barry Saunders the great running back of the Detroit Lions who retired early when he was so close to easily setting the NFL rushing records.

Leopards,class of 75
08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
thats a good list except TO needs to be #1 and Randy Moss in the top 3 I agree with you!

Old Tiger
08-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C

No relation to me

District303aPastPlayer
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
No relation to me

thanks for clearing that up for me... i was wondering..