PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Panthers shut out?!?

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Well, fellow LHS fans, is it going to be a long year for us...?

Shut out Friday night by a team that was 1-9 last year? (Yes, I know there was a safety, but the offense never even got CLOSE to the end zone.)

Where is all that speed that I heard about last week?

3afan
08-21-2005, 01:20 PM
it was a scrimmage - PRACTICE!

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
So it wasn't "just practice" for Coldspring?

3afan
08-21-2005, 01:28 PM
all scrimmages are practice against another team - thats all ...

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
08-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I know that, but my point is that these are two teams that do not like each other. they even had a scrimmage-ending brawl last year.

To say that Liberty was just practicing and not putting forth their best effort against these guys is one of two things: either it's laughable or it's true, in which case I'd have to question their colective heart, anyway...

Hupernikomen
08-21-2005, 04:50 PM
perhaps coldspring has started to gel with their new coach. not like coldspring hasn't beaten the stuffins out of everyone in this area a few times in the past.

AggiesAreWe
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I can't imagine Coldspring being that much better this year. Last year, Silsbee destroyed Coldspring 62-12, it was 41-0 after the first quarter. Silsbee practically played their bench the whole second half. Liberty can't be that bad, can they???

mustang04
08-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I can't imagine Coldspring being that much better this year. Last year, Silsbee destroyed Coldspring 62-12, it was 41-0 after the first quarter. Silsbee practically played their bench the whole second half. Liberty can't be that bad, can they???

wait wait wait......

last year when sweetwater killed glenrose is the playoffs, it was something like 40-0 at half (i dunno the exact score), but Coldspring was being beat that bad after the FIRST QTR???????

wow they must've sucked BAD...those games arent even fun to watch

AggieJohn
08-21-2005, 06:39 PM
eh...i wouldn't put too much into that

pantherpop
08-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Ulrich von Lichtenstein
Well, fellow LHS fans, is it going to be a long year for us...?

Shut out Friday night by a team that was 1-9 last year? (Yes, I know there was a safety, but the offense never even got CLOSE to the end zone.)

Where is all that speed that I heard about last week?

Give this team some time. I think they will be ready by the time district games begin. I left after my sons 9th grade game so I didn't get to see the varsity play but I did see them against Sante Fe and Alvin and I do know that this is the fastest team Liberty has had in years. Replacing QB Smart from last year will be hard to do but this years team will mature during the season. I know we have 1 freshman and probably 7 or 8 sophomores that will contribute this year so this team is very young. As usual we just don't have any big guys on the line and some teams will overpower us but give these boys some time and maybe we can squeeze a playoff team out of them.

rhs78
08-21-2005, 08:13 PM
don't give up so soon,scrimmages are just that. you must keep the faith, my school hasn't looked real good so far, but i know as they get a few games under their belt ,things will improve but i will still cheer for them. You got to keep supporting this team don't give up

AggieJohn
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
[B] As usual we just don't have any big guys on the line B]
glad too see nothing ever changes

sahen
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
well maybe they r just following last years form...go 1-4 predistrict, then go 4-1 and win district and get to the playoffs....hopefully not, but u never know...

HillBoy
08-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Liberty has tons of raw talent this year and they always find way to use it. Who was that kid last year who was a freshman I think and played one of the wing backs. That boy had some wheels on him I think his last name was Beade are something like that.

AggieJohn
08-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by sahen
well maybe they r just following last years form...go 1-4 predistrict, then go 4-1 and win district and get to the playoffs....hopefully not, but u never know...
well at least you look positive for them, i know one thing that will definately happen, they'll run it on 3rd and 10

pantherpop
08-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
well at least you look positive for them, i know one thing that will definately happen, they'll run it on 3rd and 10

That is so funny but so very true!!

sahen
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
in the Reggie White/Anothny Chambers years this was sucessful, maybe we can find some more of them....never know

Hupernikomen
08-23-2005, 07:45 PM
i'd run on 3rd and 10 with donald douglas all night long.

shellman54
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
in the Reggie White/Anothny Chambers years this was sucessful, maybe we can find some more of them....never know

don't forget bua. still playing with the Dolphins, I think.

sahen
08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
don't forget bua. still playing with the Dolphins, I think.
he left after his soph. year i think...cause he was playing linebacker and wanted to run the ball....i think he was just there w/ chambers but not white....not sure though

sahen
08-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
i'd run on 3rd and 10 with donald douglas all night long.
yes...he was a bit before i can remember, but i saw him play at UofH and a little in the NFL

pantherpop
08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
he left after his soph. year i think...cause he was playing linebacker and wanted to run the ball....i think he was just there w/ chambers but not white....not sure though

I'm pretty sure he did play with Reggie. I always heard he left because his dad and him didn't get along with the head coach. This is just what I heard back then through the grapevine. By the way Reggie is playing up in Canada, and his little brother is a Soph. this year playing linebacker for Liberty. Next year he will be moved back to fullback and along with a talented bunch of sophs and freshmen that Liberty has this year can really be a force for a couple of years

etbu
08-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Reggie and Tony both were STUDS. Bua left before his senior season and went and played in New Orleans for a private school did he not? Bua was flat out mean and White is one of the fastest RB I have seen play in our district.

sahen
08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Bua left to play for a private school in New Orleans so LSU would look at him, he figured he wouldnt get an pub. at Liberty esp. since he was on defence, the quarrel w/ the coach as i understood it was that he wanted to play running back or an offensive position....which might be true but was awfully selfish in my opinion cause that team wouldve been a force to recon w/....however it didnt work out how he wanted cause LSU told him they didnt need him and so he ended up at Arkansas...big mistake by LSU as Bua became the all time leading tackler at Arkansas....Bua's brother was my age and i used to go to their house and play football when i was little, so it made me pretty mad when he left being that i was really looking forward to watching those guys play together...

etbu
08-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Douglas the qb was not bad either. Who was it Donald Douglas? Went to Fla and finished at UH? FAST

pantherpop
08-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Reggie and Tony both were STUDS. Bua left before his senior season and went and played in New Orleans for a private school did he not? Bua was flat out mean and White is one of the fastest RB I have seen play in our district.

Yes he did play for a private school in New Orleans and was all-state on that particular state championship team. His younger brother Chris was a Senior last year or maybe this year and is an awesome athlete himself. I think he plays QB. I forgot that Louis Douglas,( I know he's some relative of Donald Douglas) , is a Junior this season and can flat out fly.

etbu
08-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Coach Hacker is the HC he had some issues with. I dont know where Coach H is now. Think he is retired.

shellman54
08-23-2005, 09:55 PM
All I know is I tackled him in junior high!!!!

sahen
08-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Donald Douglas was before White, he was there when i was really little....yes he played for UofH and a little Pro ball too....didnt stick anywhere but i remember seeing him play in a giants game...he was a wide out in college and pros...i think Anothny Chambers played a year or 2 as quaterback w/ Reggie White but i could be wrong.....Chambers played Receiver/Return Man at Purdue and set the record for career Return yards at Purdue, now he was fast....he graduated last year i dunno if he is in the NFL anywhere, but he could be playing Receiver and be buried in a depth chart that i dont know about....

sahen
08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes he did play for a private school in New Orleans and was all-state on that particular state championship team. His younger brother Chris was a Senior last year or maybe this year and is an awesome athlete himself. I think he plays QB. I forgot that Louis Douglas,( I know he's some relative of Donald Douglas) , is a Junior this season and can flat out fly.
Chris was in the same grade as me and unless he failed he should be a Junior in college...last i heard he was playing some college ball at a smaller college (D2 i believe)...he tried to get Eric Moss to go there too but for some reason Eric didnt wanna play football at the college level, or atleast that was what i heard...

pantherpop
08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
All I know is I tackled him in junior high!!!!

I bet you had some help !! lol

Tackle75
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Last I heard Chambers is not playing in the NFL, but the guy is planning on becoming a coach.
He has a good head between his shoulders.

pantherpop
08-23-2005, 10:16 PM
I heard that Anthony Chambers was trying to play in Canada

etbu
08-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Chris was in the same grade as me and unless he failed he should be a Junior in college...last i heard he was playing some college ball at a smaller college (D2 i believe)...he tried to get Eric Moss to go there too but for some reason Eric didnt wanna play football at the college level, or atleast that was what i heard...

That is the one I dont understand why he did not play college ball is Moss. When he played us that year he had like two hundred and fifty yards.

pantherpop
08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Douglas the qb was not bad either. Who was it Donald Douglas? Went to Fla and finished at UH? FAST

Your right. Hey ETBU I work with a guy named Todd Weeks and he says he was a stud basketball player at Huffman back in his day. I think his dad was a coach also.

etbu
08-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Yea I know them both. Weeks use to go around with the guy Turbo from the Rockets as part of his show. Great family.

AggieJohn
08-24-2005, 12:10 AM
I heard that Anthony Chambers was trying to play in Canada he was so amazing as a high school player

AggieJohn
08-24-2005, 12:16 AM
coach hacker was a peace of crap, he sued my uncle who played and was all-state for him, he added his name in the suit for stupid reason, i was very ticked off after that, he moved to glen rose to be the AD and head coach there, and that's when stewart stepped in, last i heard, he was the justice of the peace in that area

bua's dad was a selfish jerk from what i remember and i remember bua following in the selfishness, you can kind of relate it too t.o. and rosenhaus...that type of situation...i used to have a film of bua lighting some dude up, but i don't have it on this computer....he was a hoss......