PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Goliad...

Gobbla2001
08-21-2005, 10:11 AM
We need some Goliad posters on here...

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/images/GOLIAD_PREVIEW_9.jpg
Victoria Advocate Photo

PhiI C
08-21-2005, 11:26 PM
I agree that we could use some Goliad posters.

GOFOR2
08-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
We need some Goliad posters on here...

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/images/GOLIAD_PREVIEW_9.jpg
Victoria Advocate Photo

What do their facilities look like?

Phil C
08-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Well their high school stadium visitor's side isn't very big. They have an unusual softball stadium. The City is very beautiful. Downtown is outstanding and beautiful. Plus they have missions to visit. A great little city.

Phil C
08-22-2005, 08:21 AM
The softball field in Goliad has steps going down to the field and then they have stands in front of the field. The Goliad fans are hospitable and let the visitors sit in the stands and they sit on the steps. Only complaint is with those Victoria umpires. He got onto some of us for voicing displeasure at obviously bad calls and they called the police on us. Then when some of their younger fans harassed our freshman pitcher he did nothing which of course would be expected. Otherwise a great group of hospitable folks.

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
What do their facilities look like?

The field and stadium seating is horrible. However, the concession stand and restrooms are great ... very clean! :)

pirate4state
08-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Goliad fans are hospitable ... Otherwise a great group of hospitable folks. I think we ran into two different sets of fans, Phil. ;) :eek: Thanks for always staying positive...I shall strive to do the same. :evillaugh

Phil C
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
The field and stadium seating is horrible. However, the concession stand and restrooms are great ... very clean! :)

Hey AP Panther Fan do they provide chairs for the band like they do in Orange Grove. As small as the visitors' side is our band would probably fill it half up. lol

AP Panther Fan
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
No extra chairs as far as I can remember. The really bad thing (other than being small) is the seating is very low to the ground, if that makes any sense. I am one of those that likes to sit near the top (preferably leaning against the press box) so I can see everything. There's just no such thing as a good seat there.:(