PDA

View Full Version : MTV VMA Coming Aug 28

maroonpirate04
08-21-2005, 12:31 AM
What a way to end the summer season with the Season Premerie
of Texas HS Football across the state and to make things even hottier is the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards on August 28. Can't wait to see it I've been watching the awards since '88 here are some of nominees I hope they win my favorites

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams- Green Day

BEST MALE VIDEO
Caught Up- Usher

BEST FEMALE VIDEO
We Belong Together- Mariah Carey

BEST GROUP VIDEO
Don't Phunk With My Heart- Black Eyed Peas

BEST R&B VIDEO
Oh- Ciara

BEST HIP-HOP VIDEO
Lose Control- Missy Elliott featuring Ciara,Fat Man Scoop

BEST DANCE VIDEO
1,2 Step- Ciara

BEST ROCK VIDEO
Boulevard Of Broken Dreams- Green Day

BEST POP VIDEO
Rumors- Lindsay Lohan

BEST NEW ARTIST
1,2 Step- Ciara

VIEWERS CHOICE AWARD
Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson

BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO
Lose Control- Missy Elliott featuring Ciara, Fat Man Scoop

Well there you have it These are my favorite nominees now to tune in to see if any will win in the selected catagorys

Rabbit'93
08-21-2005, 12:38 AM
I just got back from the green day show in dallas...awesome. They played for a good 2 hours. great show!!!:D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-21-2005, 06:48 AM
im going to go out on a limb and say that My Chemical Romance steals about 2 awards from Green Day and Kelly Clarkson.... They might wind up with 3...
Best Choreography, Best Rock, and the Viewers Choice... If im not mistaken... the MTV2 award is something they are nominated for.... ill go with Mike Jones, Paul Wall, and Slim Thug on that one...

3afan
08-21-2005, 08:58 AM
green day ????? :doh:

HighSchool Fan
08-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

i know whay ya mean. it's ashame that kids these days just listen to noise, mostly just screaming and yelling. not to many true musician's left.

44INAROW
08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

:) :) :) I still am "listening" to the "oldies" you know the 1970's oldies :p I know the group singing 1 out of 30 songs on the radio :eek:

SnyTigBaseB07
08-21-2005, 09:36 AM
gosh how can you not appreciate green day, ya their music is considered punk. But ya know what they do have messages in their music. Kinda reminds me of Pink Floyd, they were a little different but they had important social and economic messages in their songs, as does green day.

3afan
08-21-2005, 09:47 AM
OMG - please dont compare green day to pink floyd :eek:

SnyTigBaseB07
08-21-2005, 10:00 AM
i'm just saying that they both have political messages and such. Im not saying they are anything alike, cuz they're not. Green Day is the new generations "pink floyd" but no they arent anything alike.

Rabbit'93
08-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i know whay ya mean. it's ashame that kids these days just listen to noise, mostly just screaming and yelling. not to many true musician's left.
I'm not a kid. I may act like one on occasion, but I've been around 30 years. I'm a musician and a fan of music(all music except NEW country & gangsta rap). I would be interested to know who you consider a "true" musician HSF?

HighSchool Fan
08-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I'm not a kid. I may act like one on occasion, but I've been around 30 years. I'm a musician and a fan of music(all music except NEW country & gangsta rap). I would be interested to know who you consider a "true" musician HSF?

to paint it will a broad stroke, most any band before the early to mid 90's. that's when just noise took over. groups in the 60's, 70's and 80's played music. now adays, it's just noise.

Rabbit'93
08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
to paint it will a broad stroke, most any band before the early to mid 90's. that's when just noise took over. groups in the 60's, 70's and 80's played music. now adays, it's just noise.
The '80's?:eek: That was probably the worst decade for music in the 4 you mentioned. I realize that everything is a matter of opinion and there's really no point arguing. Call it musical ignorance on your part to lump an entire group of music as "just noise". Some get it, others don't.

HighSchool Fan
08-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Call it musical ignorance on your part to lump an entire group of music as "just noise". Some get it, others don't.

ignorance?? i've been around more music and meet more musicians than you can imagine. i have a cousin that has his own builing and show in branson. i've met plenty of musician's up there. hung out with pantera many times, not at the bars, but at one of their houses. been to charlie prides house in garland also. i've been around all types of people from different music backgrounds. yeah someone did post something ignorant, but not me.

Rabbit'93
08-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Not one to argue so I will say we "agree to disagree":)

HighSchool Fan
08-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Not one to argue so I will say we "agree to disagree":)

good enough :thumbsup:

Pmoney
08-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
i'm just saying that they both have political messages and such.
That is why i dont listen to some of green days songs because i dont agree with their political messages....