PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Nac vs Palestine, wild ending!

PHS Wildcats
08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't know if it was because it was played @ 10 am or what, but what a scrimmage this was. It was a 3 quarter scrimmage. The game was totally dominated by Palestine, until about 10min left in the game when Palestine put in the 2nd and 3rd team players and Nac left in their starters. The starters on offense and defense look solid, except one bad play on the ball on defense and Nac doesn't score on the 1st team. This is how it went down. Nac gets the ball 1st and on 2nd and 15 Nac passesand the ball goes btween the DB's hands and the Receiver cathes it and races 75yds for a touchdown Nac up 7-0. On Palestine 1st series. Reed fumbles after a 9yd gain, Nac Ball. Nac goes 3 plays and out and kicks a field goal, Nac up 10-0. Palestine next series, they put together a nice drive running and passing, PK 2yd TD run, extra point no good. Nac up 10-6. Nac next series 2nd play Nac fumbles, PHS ball. Nice drive and PK 2yd TD run, PHS up 13-10. Nac goes 3 plays and out Punt. PHS, nice drive 6 plays and fumble, Nac ball. Nac goes 3 plays and fumble, PHS ball. PHS goes 4 plays and punt. Nac goes 6 plays and punt. PHS, 5 plays punt. Nac 3 plays fumble. PHS nice drive, 6 plays and Micken catches a 10yd TD pass. PHS up 20-10. Nac fumbles on first play. PHS 1 play @ halftime, PHS 20, Nac 10. To start the 3rd quarter, PHS goes 3play and punt. Nac on 3rd down passes and the ball is intercepted and return for a TD. PHS up 27-10. At this point, there's a little over 10 minutes left and PHS puts in the 2nd and 3rd teams in the game. Nac leaves in their 1st team and on the 3rd play Nac run a screen pass and races 72yds for a TD, PHS up 27-17, PHS 2nd and 3rd team O goes 3plays and punt. Nac first play scores on a 60yd TD, PHS up 27-24. PHS next series, fumble on 1st play of drive . Nac goes 6 plays and turn the ball over on downs. PHS goes 7 plays and punt. Nac on 3rd play of series score on a 50yd TD. With a little over 3 minutes left, PHS puts in 1st team O and they drive 6 plays and score on a 15yd TD to Mickens. PHS up 34-31. With 33 left, Nac on 2nd & 10 completes a 16yd pass, next play completes a 7yd pass to the 50yd line and only 6 secs left. Next pass falls incomplete and it's 3 & 3 with 1 sec left. Nac throws up a hail mary and the pass is intercepted @ the 15yd line and is return to the 35yd line when he's hit from the side and the ball bounce once and into the hand of an O-lineman and he returns to the 20yd line and as he is being tackled, he pitches the in the air behind him and into the arms of a receiver, who runs in for the TD. The entire Nac sideline and the 100 to 150 of their fans as well as the freshmen and JV team race to the corner of the endzone to celebrate as if they won a state championship. It was truly amazing. It was so amazing that I stood up and started laughing, because I didn't kno what else to do. Something else amazing the stats from this scrimmage. There's no way Nac should have won this game. PHS 1st team O & D were so dominate. I'm glad this happened in a scrimmage, than in a regular season or playoff game. Here are the stats:

Total Plays & Total yds
PHS 64 - 446
Nac 46 - 378 (256 against 2nd and 3 Team in 3rd Q)

Carries Rush yds and TDs
PHS 39 - 295 - 2
Nac 17 - 41- 0

Comp. Att. Yds TD Int
PHS 16- 25 - 151- 2 - 0
Nac 11 - 29 - 337 - 4 - 2

1ST Downs
PHS 23
Nac 8

Turnovers
PHS 4
Nac 6

Penalties
PHS 4 - 30yds
Nac 7 - 60yds

I wish you guys to see this scrimmage. I smell an ESPY :yay:

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Not trying to argue or anything, but everytime someone post something about their teams scrimmage they always say that the second and third team deffenses give up the points to the first team offense!

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
everytime someone post something about their teams scrimmage they always say that the second and third team deffenses give up the points to the first team offense!

that's right, everyone does

PHS Wildcats
08-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I know that what it sound like, but honestly that's what happened. After the INT was returned for a TD, Coach Tunstall wanted to use the rest of the quarter to look at the rest of the guys and that's when Nac went crazy. It was only after Nac scored the go-ahead touchdown, did Tunstall put the 1st unit in to get the lead back with 33 sec left. And yes the 1st team was in on last play of the game. Hey we lost. I'm not making excuse. I know how to take my lumps. I'm just glad it happened in a scrimmage. You guys can take it how you want to. the whole point is that we lost the scrimmage. I guess people want me to say our defense sucks! It's all good though I still love this board and the people that thinks we have to lie to make our team look good. They'll prove it on the field.

PHS Wildcats
08-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I just wanted to give the board some info on a wild scrimmage and now I'm being accused of slanting the view of what happened. By the way, A member of Nac program say they haven't named starters, so the players that played in the 1st and 2nd quarter were the same that played in the 3rd quarter. So I guess it wasn't the 1st team.

Hupernikomen
08-20-2005, 11:11 PM
would love to see that play you described.

heck you can't blame them for celebrating a once in a lifetime play like that to win the game even if it was a scrimmage. they are adolescents after all..come to think of it NFL guys probably done the same thing in a preseason game that ended like that too.

PHS Wildcats
08-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey, I can understand that. Ireally enjoyed that, because it wasn't a dull scrimmage.

Old Green
08-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I don't know if it was because it was played @ 10 am or what, but what a scrimmage this was. It was a 3 quarter scrimmage. The game was totally dominated by Palestine, until about 10min left in the game when Palestine put in the 2nd and 3rd team players and Nac left in their starters. The starters on offense and defense look solid, except one bad play on the ball on defense and Nac doesn't score on the 1st team. This is how it went down. Nac gets the ball 1st and on 2nd and 15 Nac passesand the ball goes btween the DB's hands and the Receiver cathes it and races 75yds for a touchdown Nac up 7-0. On Palestine 1st series. Reed fumbles after a 9yd gain, Nac Ball. Nac goes 3 plays and out and kicks a field goal, Nac up 10-0. Palestine next series, they put together a nice drive running and passing, PK 2yd TD run, extra point no good. Nac up 10-6. Nac next series 2nd play Nac fumbles, PHS ball. Nice drive and PK 2yd TD run, PHS up 13-10. Nac goes 3 plays and out Punt. PHS, nice drive 6 plays and fumble, Nac ball. Nac goes 3 plays and fumble, PHS ball. PHS goes 4 plays and punt. Nac goes 6 plays and punt. PHS, 5 plays punt. Nac 3 plays fumble. PHS nice drive, 6 plays and Micken catches a 10yd TD pass. PHS up 20-10. Nac fumbles on first play. PHS 1 play @ halftime, PHS 20, Nac 10. To start the 3rd quarter, PHS goes 3play and punt. Nac on 3rd down passes and the ball is intercepted and return for a TD. PHS up 27-10. At this point, there's a little over 10 minutes left and PHS puts in the 2nd and 3rd teams in the game. Nac leaves in their 1st team and on the 3rd play Nac run a screen pass and races 72yds for a TD, PHS up 27-17, PHS 2nd and 3rd team O goes 3plays and punt. Nac first play scores on a 60yd TD, PHS up 27-24. PHS next series, fumble on 1st play of drive . Nac goes 6 plays and turn the ball over on downs. PHS goes 7 plays and punt. Nac on 3rd play of series score on a 50yd TD. With a little over 3 minutes left, PHS puts in 1st team O and they drive 6 plays and score on a 15yd TD to Mickens. PHS up 34-31. With 33 left, Nac on 2nd & 10 completes a 16yd pass, next play completes a 7yd pass to the 50yd line and only 6 secs left. Next pass falls incomplete and it's 3 & 3 with 1 sec left. Nac throws up a hail mary and the pass is intercepted @ the 15yd line and is return to the 35yd line when he's hit from the side and the ball bounce once and into the hand of an O-lineman and he returns to the 20yd line and as he is being tackled, he pitches the in the air behind him and into the arms of a receiver, who runs in for the TD. The entire Nac sideline and the 100 to 150 of their fans as well as the freshmen and JV team race to the corner of the endzone to celebrate as if they won a state championship. It was truly amazing. It was so amazing that I stood up and started laughing, because I didn't kno what else to do. Something else amazing the stats from this scrimmage. There's no way Nac should have won this game. PHS 1st team O & D were so dominate. I'm glad this happened in a scrimmage, than in a regular season or playoff game. Here are the stats:

Total Plays & Total yds
PHS 64 - 446
Nac 46 - 378 (256 against 2nd and 3 Team in 3rd Q)

Carries Rush yds and TDs
PHS 39 - 295 - 2
Nac 17 - 41- 0

Comp. Att. Yds TD Int
PHS 16- 25 - 151- 2 - 0
Nac 11 - 29 - 337 - 4 - 2

1ST Downs
PHS 23
Nac 8

Turnovers
PHS 4
Nac 6

Penalties
PHS 4 - 30yds
Nac 7 - 60yds

I wish you guys to see this scrimmage. I smell an ESPY :yay: Good report PHs Widcats. Palestine appears to be right on schedule for the opening game.:clap:

Gobbla2001
08-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Not trying to argue or anything, but everytime someone post something about their teams scrimmage they always say that the second and third team deffenses give up the points to the first team offense!

It is a scrimmage afterall, KJ, it's likely that this was the way it went down...

Sounds wild, that's for sure...

texasjeremy
08-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Of course Nac is going to celebrate this win no matter how meaningless it was. They are a program that has had NO success in a very long time, not even after their drop down to 4A.

Enrollments
Nac - 1867
Palestine - 899

WOS1
08-21-2005, 10:03 PM

While I was reading it I was thinking the exact same thing, LOL.:D