PDA

View Full Version : Emily Niemann leaving Baylor Lady Bears Basketball Team

Phil C
08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
A blow to the Baylor Lady Bears as their third leading scorer is transferring to UC-Santa Barbara and will sit out this year and have two eligible years left. One reason cited was spiritual awareness reason whatever that means.

Phil C
08-20-2005, 09:09 PM
She was a good player and was very good at making three point shots.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
think it means shes reborn into a different believe in religion?

Hupernikomen
08-20-2005, 11:12 PM
it could mean a number of things. but one thing we do know is that it will hurt the national champions chance of winning the big 12 this year.

sicem74
08-20-2005, 11:15 PM
thats pretty old news but they dont need her

Hupernikomen
08-20-2005, 11:25 PM
request is old news but the actual transfer is not.

she was 6th man (woman I guess I should say) and played more minutes than a couple starters.

but baylor will be able to build solid team around young and scott. niemann would have certainly helped.

Swarm 51
08-21-2005, 12:06 AM
I wish her nothing but the best at her new school if that is where she will be happy, but in reading the Waco paper she left a "bad-taste" in the mouths of many Baylor fans. (Not mine as I am a Lady Longhorn fan) Seems Emily waited until Coach Mulkey-Robertson was on vacation with her family to send an e-mail to Baylor requesting a release. I don't know if Emily knew the coach was on vacation or not, but the fans were not happy with Emily's timing, and especially with school starting in just a few weeks. The committe at Baylor initially said she had waited too late to request her release and it would not be granted. But, when Mulkey-Robertson got back to Waco the release was granted the next day.

Hupernikomen
08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Coach did the right thing. I liked the way she put it when she was asked about the situation. She said Baylor will build its program the way they have always built their program 'around players who want to be Baylor Bears.'

AggieJohn
08-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
One reason cited was spiritual awareness reason whatever that means.

i think some of the recruits find out that it isn't the christian schol that they think

3afan
08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
.... One reason cited was spiritual awareness reason whatever that means.

it means she wasnt getting enough PT !!!!!!!

PhiI C
08-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i think some of the recruits find out that it isn't the christian schol that they think

:eek: AggieJohn that is a BAPTIST school!!!

sahen
08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
u know nothing John so u might wanna watch where ur going there....
She came to Baylor saying she felt God lead her there (this was a quote from her) and when she transfers she is going to UCSB, now i have nothing against Santa Barba but they r not known to be anythign close to a "Christian School"....so maybe God told her not to be at Baylor or maybe she just said a reason taht Baylor fans and alums hear a lot so she wouldnt have to fight it much...i mean u can't really argue w/ "God told me _____"....all i know is there is plenty of people around Baylor who know Neimann and said there was some problems between her and Mulkey....anyways it will hurt Baylor's team and all becasue not only was she a great player off the bench but she was a fan favorite...however there is way too many players that can play on Baylor to say they won't be contending and defending their big12/national championship this year....

Gobbler Fan
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
She will be missed by Baylor thats for sure . I would like to know the whole reason for her leaving anyone have a good article on this ?

AggieJohn
08-22-2005, 01:53 PM
i am not attacking the "God told me too..." thought i'm just saying that in some instances i think that a lot of devout christians head towards baylor and are dissapointed by it's lack of spiritual emphasis..in fact i know of a couple, you are not the first baylor bear i've ever met shane

texasjeremy
08-22-2005, 02:57 PM
UCSB is one of the top party schools in the nation, Neimann is in for a culture shock. Of course, she will be the star there, but she will miss out on another couple of national title runs that she would have had at Baylor.

sahen
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
i am not attacking the "God told me too..." thought i'm just saying that in some instances i think that a lot of devout christians head towards baylor and are dissapointed by it's lack of spiritual emphasis..in fact i know of a couple, you are not the first baylor bear i've ever met shane

i dunno what ur other friends wanted John....Baylor is about as conservative as u can get, barring BYU or Liberty University or schools like that...mabye it was the crowd ur friends hung out w/...u can find anything anywhere if you look hard enough for it...