PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. El Campo

bmbf_06
08-20-2005, 04:55 PM
[COLOR=darkblue][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3] The Wharton season opens in El Campo this friday....
what are your predictions for this one?

BU97
08-20-2005, 11:24 PM
I am sure that most people will take the 'Birds, they lost alot from last year but are still pretty salty!

LogieJoeBean001
08-21-2005, 06:54 AM
Hope this is one of those shockers of the season and the Tigers prevail. Nobody usually ever gives them much of a chance. Different team that I've seen scrimmage twice now and they have talent and lot's of heart. They look as though they have finally learned what it is to play as a team.

Necked
08-21-2005, 11:14 AM
El Campo doesn't have Chad Long anymore, so they are not as dangerous on offense as they were last year, but they still have lots of speed. They ran all over Sealy 5-1 last week, and even broke a tackle at the line & went 50 yrds for their only 1st team score against us, so they ain't slow by any means. Their Defense, though, is just as good as it was last year, so that's where ya'll will have a tough time. I think El Campo will win, but I'll be pulling for the Tiggers...........

http://www.netreach.net/~edpenland/animatn/tigrrr.gif

bmbf_06
08-21-2005, 03:01 PM
ill agree with Logie.....

the team that ive seen is different from the ones past few years....i expect good and different things to come from the tigers this year! Cant wait till this friday.... GO TIGERS!!!!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

gato 76
08-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I Think the Tigers will win,why NEW DEFENSE SCHEME 3-5-3.

cowboy
08-21-2005, 08:49 PM
I'LL take El Campo in this one. How is the replacement QB for T. Jones that guy was a good dual threat. He could take a game over. I knew the P.F. was going to be something special when I seen him as a Soph.

chubbed_up
08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
hey gato are you being serious about wharton's new defensive scheme?

gato 76
08-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes ,they will run that defense,and it has been effective in the scrimmages.They have lots of speed on defense and the lb's are the real deal.As far as the EC game look for the Tiger defense to shut down the EC running game, and contain the ricebird outside speed,also look for a big game from Wharton rb/LB PF.