PDA

View Full Version : frankly tech, it's like you don't exist

AggieJohn
08-20-2005, 05:15 AM
This email was sent in the masses to fellow texas exes and texas fans the other day for that 50 in 50 poll on espn i find it very funny that a&m is gung ho about internet polls, we tend to barrage them with massive amounts of votes, but i was wondering how texas ended up beating A&M and know i know, the only reason i say what i said in my thread title is because tech only got like 1.1% of the vote for the best texas school, where as both texas and A&M were in the 50/50 range.......

Subject: LONGHORN SPORTS

Dear Fellow Texas Exes (or Texas Fans) ,

See below - U.T. needs your help!

Pardon the interruption but as Burnt Orange faithful, I thought you'd want to know. State Pride and Longhorn pride is at stake!

Some of you may know that ESPN is currently doing a feature called "50 States in 50 Days", a daily tour in which they highlight a state's sports activities and interests etc. Texas is scheduled to be highlighted on August 17, 2005.

When one visits the ESPN website, visitors are given the opportunity to vote on a variety of different topics, including "favorite sports team." The emergency is that "Texas A&M" is currently very much in the lead over our beloved Longhorns! (Frankly, I didn't even know that A&M still had major college sports teams but they are leading in the ESPN poll.)

As a burnt orange bleeder, I'm asking you to take a few minutes from your busy schedule to do the following: visit www.espn.com and in the left hand margin, click on the 50 states in 50 days link and then navigate to have the opportunity to vote for Texas stuff. Then vote your burnt orange conscience. The second thing that I'm gonna ask you to do is to pass this or a more coherently worded message to your most trusted Longhorn faithful and encourage them to do the same thing.

Hook 'Em Horns!