PDA

View Full Version : whitesboro

mr.leopard man
08-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Not to jump to conclusions....Whitesboro has won both scimmages and doesnt look to bad... they put it on semi state finalist henryetta thurs...too early to say yet we will see....:thinking:

HighSchool Fan
08-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by mr.leopard man
Not to jump to conclusions....Whitesboro has won both scimmages and doesnt look to bad... they put it on semi state finalist henryetta thurs...too early to say yet we will see....:thinking:

it's not to early, i'll say it. whitesboro still won't make the playoffs and won't even have a winning record.

turbostud
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM

Isnt Henrietta 2a? They were when I was in high school. So Whitesboro is picking on 2a schools? Who was their other scrimmage against, Leonard? Whitesboro did the same thing last year. Played some 2a schools in the preseason to get a few wins and then came district. Not the best way to build a program IMO.

ttredraider
08-19-2005, 10:37 PM
i remember playing whitesboro my senior year for homecoming, we were a 2A school too

mwynn05
08-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Isnt Henrietta 2a? They were when I was in high school. So Whitesboro is picking on 2a schools? Who was their other scrimmage against, Leonard? Whitesboro did the same thing last year. Played some 2a schools in the preseason to get a few wins and then came district. Not the best way to build a program IMO. It's a lot betetr than going 1-9 or 0-10

KTJ
08-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Henrietta is 2A. I always think of that chicken in the one fairy tell when someone mentions Henrietta.

And the cops there are [insert bad word here].

Sometimes I wonder if Whitesboro will ever be able to compete. They pretty much suck at everything, except volleyball. They always have and always will. I liked playing them when I was in school because we knew it was a guaranteed win.

They weren't in our district for two years (which is odd because they seem to follow Gainesville wherever we go) and we had to play them in basketball in the playoffs. Well Whitesboro is literally 10 minutes from Gaines-vegas, but NO! We had to go all the way to freakin' Keller Fossil Ridge just to play the stupid game.

mr.leopard man
08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
hey high school fan... i beat collinsville wont even win a game this year.....and also i didnt same whitesboro is a state bound team i just said they beat a state semi finalist henrietta...just like a team like celina they are 2 a and were a state semifinalist last year

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 05:09 AM
hey high school fan... i beat collinsville wont even win a game this year.....

i don't know why you keep talking 1a football. this is a 3a board, which is what whitesboro is. i don't expect collinsville to do very good this year. they have a new coach and a new system. they also didn't have very long to get it in place since the last coach quit so late. whitesboro has had the same coach and system for a few years and still can't win. since your so up on whitesboro football, why don't you tell us why they can't win. here's alittle help for ya.....cus they suck, except in band.

3afan
08-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Isnt Henrietta 2a? They were when I was in high school. So Whitesboro is picking on 2a schools? Who was their other scrimmage against, Leonard? Whitesboro did the same thing last year. Played some 2a schools in the preseason to get a few wins and then came district. Not the best way to build a program IMO.

"picking on 2A schools" oh brother, its a scrimmage for pete's sake!! and you're wrong, getting early season wins is the correct way to build a program IMO.

3afan
08-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
.........cus they suck ......

wow HSF, shocking statement from you ... :eek:

MARLINDOGS
08-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Thats a good start.:clap: :clap:

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
"picking on 2A schools" oh brother, its a scrimmage for pete's sake!! and you're wrong, getting early season wins is the correct way to build a program IMO.

i agree, getting early season wins help build a program. i do think that the wins need to be against quality opponets tho. how does beating up on callisburg, princeton, pattonville prairiland and dickson,ok help a team improve. they need to play some better schools in non-district to get better. i'm sure celina or little elm could use them for their homecoming game the next couple of years.

turbostud
08-20-2005, 08:37 AM

Does Celina play a 2a preseason schedule? NO. They play a 3a preseason schedule. Does Port Isabel play a 2a preseason schedule? NO. Here is Port Isabels schedule this year,

Laredo United 5a
Mercedes 4a
Monterrey Tech
Los Fresnos 5a
PSJA Memorial 4a
These two schools make the playoffs year in and year out by playing tougher competion. You take Whitesboro and your philosophy of getting early season wins against a lesser opponent and maybe, just maybe, you will make the playoffs in the next 100 years.

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 08:45 AM
princeton is a good 3 a team...dickson is always good ok team... pattonville has been good also...callisburg i believe shouldnt be on the schedule but they will be 3 a next year

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 08:52 AM
princeton is a good 3 a team...dickson is always good ok team... pattonville has been good also...callisburg i believe shouldnt be on the schedule but they will be 3 a next year

princeton was 5-5 and 1-4 in district last year

pattonville was 4-6 and 3-4 in district last year

callisburg was 3-7 and 2-3 in district last year

that's some tough competition there.

3afan
08-20-2005, 08:56 AM
no one is saying whitesboro should make their schedule so they're 5-0 every year going into district ... but they have to schedule some winnable games in pre district.

the point is - they looked good against 2A Henrietta .... so that means they are "picking on" 2A schools? gimme a break ...

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 08:59 AM
so going 5-0 in non district and 1-4 in district and never making the playoffs is okay?? you don't get better by playing weak teams.

turbostud
08-20-2005, 09:02 AM
no one is saying whitesboro should make their schedule so they're 5-0 every year going into district ... but they have to schedule some winnable games in pre district.

the point is - they looked good against 2A Henrietta .... so that means they are "picking on" 2A schools? gimme a break ...

They did the same thing last year. I dont have WHS schedule but they played the same 2a schedule last year that included Leonard of all people who were 0-10 the year the before. So yes they are picking on 2a schools when they need to be stepping up and playing at least a 3a preseason schedule. They will never amount to anything playing 2a schools.

3afan
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM
i didnt say going 5-0 in non district and 1-4 in district and never making the playoffs is ok .... what i'm saying is that a program with a history like whitesboro has to start somewhere. look at any "struggling" program - they NEED to win some early games. i'm not saying schedule all patsies so they can go into district unbeaten every year - but winnable games.

great example is my alma mater - 5A Copperas Cove. never made the playoffs since the 70's until I believe 1998. they had a really weak nondist schedule but they WON SOME GAMES. and as the program got more competitive and successful the schedule has been upgraded. this season they play Converse Judson (obviously tough), Killeen (average) and Waco University (average). but now their PROGRAM is one of the best in Texas.

kepdawg
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Everybody settle down! Whitesboro should be in the playoffs next season! They are trying to get SLC, Denton Ryan, Allen, Plano West, and Hebron on the nondistrict schedule! So if everything works out, they will enter district 0-5 having lost each game by an average score of 63-0, but will be an improved team because of it. Whitesboro should then sweep their new district and challenge for a state championship thanks to the tough nondistrict schedule in which they didn't pick on 2A teams!

turbostud
08-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Everybody settle down! Whitesboro should be in the playoffs next season! They are trying to get SLC, Denton Ryan, Allen, Plano West, and Hebron on the nondistrict schedule! So if everything works out, they will enter district 0-5 having lost each game by an average score of 63-0, but will be an improved team because of it. Whitesboro should then sweep their new district and challenge for a state championship thanks to the tough nondistrict schedule in which they didn't pick on 2A teams!

No way, those schools would never play a smaller, lesser opponent and risk not making the playoffs or winning a state championship. Some schools actually enjoy the playoffs and maybe having the chance to make it to a state championship.:rolleyes:

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 10:30 AM
princeton was 5-5 and 1-4 in district last year

pattonville was 4-6 and 3-4 in district last year

callisburg was 3-7 and 2-3 in district last year

that's some tough competition there. you are wrong with everything u say...at least check out stuff before you jsut enter stuff and make stuff up.... BOTH pattonville and Princeton were both 7-3 last year....look it up in dave campbell..and bonham is picked to win there district this year.. sound like real good teams there..

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 10:33 AM
you are wrong with everything u say...at least check out stuff before you jsut enter stuff and make stuff up.... BOTH pattonville and Princeton were both 7-3 last year....look it up in dave campbell..and bonham is picked to win there district this year.. sound like real good teams there..

go to texasfootballratings and tell them they lied. regardless, whitesboro still sucks

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 10:35 AM
They did the same thing last year. I dont have WHS schedule but they played the same 2a schedule last year that included Leonard of all people who were 0-10 the year the before. So yes they are picking on 2a schools when they need to be stepping up and playing at least a 3a preseason schedule. They will never amount to anything playing 2a schools. your wrong too turbo.. check stuff out before making statements .. whitesboro hasnt played leonard in at least 2 or 3 years...and also i didnt know princeton and bonham were 2a schools? check stuff out before u write..but i agree they have no business playin callisburg until next year when they are 3 a....

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 10:40 AM
go to texasfootballratings and tell them they lied. regardless, whitesboro still sucks not near as bad as collinsville,, lets make a wager here.....i guanantee whitesboro wins more than the terrible pirates...

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Princeton (5-5) (1-4)

Pattonville Prairiland (4-6) (3-4)

Callisburg (3-7) (2-3)

all copied from texasfootballratings.com

mr.know it all, go to their website and tell jerry he's a liar now.

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
not near as bad as collinsville,, lets make a wager here.....i guanantee whitesboro wins more than the terrible pirates...

your the one bragging on whitesboro, i'm not bragging on collinsville. if you wanna make a wager make on the teams that we support, i'll take gainesville and you can have whitesboro.

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 11:08 AM
your wrong too turbo.. check stuff out before making statements .. whitesboro hasnt played leonard in at least 2 or 3 years...and also i didnt know princeton and bonham were 2a schools? check stuff out before u write..but i agree they have no business playin callisburg until next year when they are 3 a....

your wrong again mr, whitesboro man. princton and bonham are both 3a. know your facts before you post something.

are you gonna accept my wager on gainesville and whitesboro? probably not, because deep down, you know that whitesboro sucks.

KTJ
08-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Is Mr. Leopard Man a real Gainesville fan? Based on what I've read over the past year or so, it doesn't seem like it.

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Is Mr. Leopard Man a real Gainesville fan? Based on what I've read over the past year or so, it doesn't seem like it.

good question. i've had the same thoughts.

you gonna be here next friday

KTJ
08-20-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't think so.

God, I wish we had a new high school and new staidum to show off to these Cali folks. Grrrrrr.

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I don't think so.

God, I wish we had a new high school and new staidum to show off to these Cali folks. Grrrrrr.

i know what ya mean, i was hoping they would play at the new stadium in denton.

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Princeton (5-5) (1-4)

Pattonville Prairiland (4-6) (3-4)

Callisburg (3-7) (2-3)

all copied from texasfootballratings.com

mr.know it all, go to their website and tell jerry he's a liar now. yep u are wrong i went to site and they are both 7and3 u are looking at 2003.. never said they would beat gainesville.. jsut said they look pretty good compare to what they have been in the past

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 12:01 PM
yep u are wrong i went to site and they are both 7and3 u are looking at 2003.. never said they would beat gainesville.. jsut said they look pretty good compare to what they have been in the past

actually, we're both wrong. it's the projected finish that we're looking at, the 2004, not the 2003, season is more to the right.

Rabbit'93
08-20-2005, 12:05 PM
It's amazing what some people will get upset about.

turbostud
08-20-2005, 12:24 PM
your wrong too turbo.. check stuff out before making statements .. whitesboro hasnt played leonard in at least 2 or 3 years...and also i didnt know princeton and bonham were 2a schools? check stuff out before u write..but i agree they have no business playin callisburg until next year when they are 3 a....

Here ya go. I cant find their 2004 schedule but their 2005 schedule doesnt include Leonard so they didnt play them in 2004(unless they scrimmaged them) so I was wrong by 1 year.(next time I wont go off the top of my head but, I was pretty dang close) There is a link where I got my info at the bottom of the post. The funny thing is that Leonard was 0-10 in 2002 and 4-6 in 2003 and both times Whitesboro played Leonard they squeaked by with a win. Whats even funnier is that since 1998 Whitesboro has played 28 2a teams in the preseason and 8 3a teams. ( I am counting Dickson OK as 2a) I think its safe to say they are picking on 2a schools. No wonder they have never made the playoffs. mr.leopard man I hope you are around here come the end of October. Trust me, I want WHS to make the playoffs as much as you do. My parents live in Whitesboro and my nephew is a sophmore there but I just dont think its going to happen. Even when I was in high school from 1984 to 1988 Whitesboro was the same old sorry football team that it is today.

Whitesboro's 2003 Schedule

Sep5 vs Leonard W 29-22(OT)
Sep12 vs Pattnville Prairiland L 3-10
Sep19 vs Paradise W 31-21
Sep26 at Callisburg W 26-14
Oct3 at Prosper L 26-32(OT)
Oct10 vs Van Alstyne L 20-39 9-3A
Oct17 vs Pottsboro W 31-13 9-3A
Oct24 at Pilot Point L 7-61 9-3A
Oct31 vs Gainesville L 3-43 9-3A
Nov7 at Celina L 14-69

Whitesboro's 2002 schedule

Sep6 at Leonard W 15-6
Sep13 at Pattnville Prairiland L 13-29
Sep20 at Paradise L 23-27
Sep27 vs Callisburg W 14-3
Oct4 vs Prosper W 6-3
Oct11 at Van Alstyne L 7-35 9-3A
Oct18 at Pottsboro L 0-39 9-3A
Oct25 vs Pilot Point L 13-47 9-3A
Nov1 at Gainesville L 0-74 9-3A
Nov8 vs Celina L 19-55

data poll pages (http://www.dpoll.com/)

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 12:31 PM
if and when whitesboro makes the playoffs, i wanna be there for the party, it's gonna be awesome. but it's not gonna be this year. maybe realigment will be nice to them next year.

turbostud
08-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Whitesboro's 2005 district schedule:

10/7 Pilot Point
10/14 Bowie
10/21 Gainesville
10/28 Sanger
11/4 Pottsboro

There is no way they are going to beat Gainesville and Sanger. They would probably have to win 2 out 3 of the rest of their dist. schedule in order to make the playoffs. I will give them a win over Pottsboro but can they beat Pilot Point or Bowie?

3afan
08-20-2005, 01:11 PM
glad i got out when i did !!!

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Whitesboro's 2005 district schedule:

10/7 Pilot Point
10/14 Bowie
10/21 Gainesville
10/28 Sanger
11/4 Pottsboro

There is no way they are going to beat Gainesville and Sanger. They would probably have to win 2 out 3 of the rest of their dist. schedule in order to make the playoffs. I will give them a win over Pottsboro but can they beat Pilot Point or Bowie?

they'll know on oct 14 if they have a shot at the playoffs. they lose the 1st 2 district games and they are over.

mr.leopard man
08-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep i dont know if they can do it either but i am not picking them to beat gainesville but after gainesville it could be interesting... sanger has lost there qb lready to collar bone injury and who knows about pilot point and bowie..:thinking:

HighSchool Fan
08-20-2005, 05:42 PM
i'm not hating on whitesboro, i'm just being realist. i have a niece that graduated from their 2 years ago, 1 nephew that's a sr and another nephew that's in middle school. i would love them to make the playoffs, but it's just not gonna happen anytime soon. this is the year that whitesboro has been looking for, they have a sr qb who started as a freshman, they have lots of experience at other places. for some reason they just aren't athletic enough to get the job done in football. after this year they will start back at ground zero.

maybe realignment will put them with some other teams in the bonham, callisburg, if they move up, and van alstyne(sp) area. worst thing that can happen is to put gainesville, celina, PP, sanger and whitesboro in the same district.

3afan
08-20-2005, 05:59 PM
sounds good ... but saying "they suck" - leave that to the Cuero Middle Schoolers. ;) :D

just_chunk_it6
08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I played on Princeton last year, I was the quarterback. We went 7-3.

BlitzemAll
08-23-2005, 10:02 AM
Wrong on records, Princeton was 7-3 last season