PDA

View Full Version : For P4S, OC, Etex and softball fans only.

Phil C
08-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I was watching the World Championship little league softball game and they made an appeal to us to write the IOC and support getting softball back in the olympics. They need our support now. You can get the email address by clicking the link: www.internationsoftball.com. You can click where it says to write the olympics and then click IOC. Plus they have got sample letters for young kids if needed. I recommend that you just stick to the basics and request that softball be reinstated for 2012.
This support is needed by everyone both young and old and I urge you to write the IOC in support of reinstating softball and urge that you contack all your friends and relatives to do so also.

Sofball needs the olympics because these women work hard and the olympics is very important. Pro baseball has turned its' back to the olympics but it has the world series but the olympics is important to these women not just in the USA but World Wide. I don't know if the USA dominance had anything to do with it but after what happened with Japan winning the World Cup in Oklahoma and the Japan Cup this past summer it shows that the world is getting competitive. Australia, Canada and China have been working and improving too. I don't know if it was eliminated because the European Countries couldn't or rather wouldn't compete but that is no reason to eliminate softball. Also don't give me that bit about having to spend money on a softball field because that game can easlily be played in the country by clearing off a deserted field if money is a problem. The Europeans need to react like the USA did in soccer in fencing. Those were European Sports and they dominated (except for Brazil) soccer and fencing for years. Did the USA or other countries whine and cry for them to be eliminated. No. We got to work and now our women's soccer team has had great success and our men are starting to become very competitive. It was work that did it for us. One of our young ladies even won the gold medal in fencing (much to the chagrin of Europe I am sure).
Please write in your support and urge others to do so. Thank you.