PDA

View Full Version : Decatur/Kennedale Scrimmage

BullFrog Dad
08-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Any details?

blaster
08-19-2005, 07:55 AM
Looks like Decatur is not as down as first thought. This is second hand info but from a Bulls Fan. Cobb looked good. Decatur beat Kennendale. I think they said 21-7 in the live quarter play.

The One
08-19-2005, 08:59 AM
They certainley aren't going to score 60 points a game, but they can still score. Defense looked really good. Offensively they look not bad. Have a WR that was making unbelieveable catches. I think his name was Carnitas, he's one to watch.. Cobb looked good at times at QB and then other times looked like a WR trying to play QB. He definatley has more strength, faster and bigger then Dane was.. I look for them to be much better then what most think..

I seen Bridgeport & Decatur both last night and there was no question Decatur looks 10 times better then the Bulls.

Eradicator
08-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by blaster
Looks like Decatur is not as down as first thought. This is second hand info but from a Bulls Fan. Cobb looked good. Decatur beat Kennendale. I think they said 21-7 in the live quarter play.
If I remember correctly, Decatur scored at will last year, this year it didn't seem that way. I believe the score ended @ 21-14.

kaorder1999
08-19-2005, 10:55 AM
so decatur and kennedale scrimmaged last night?

catdad
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
decatur lost some talent from last years team but, they are putting a good team on the field. QB made some really accurate throws and the receivers went out and got them.

kennedale looked a lot better than the meeting last year. offense is still finding it's rhytm but made some nice drives. defense is coveirng the ball well and making some monster hits.

Bullaholic
08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by The One
They certainley aren't going to score 60 points a game, but they can still score. Defense looked really good. Offensively they look not bad. Have a WR that was making unbelieveable catches. I think his name was Carnitas, he's one to watch.. Cobb looked good at times at QB and then other times looked like a WR trying to play QB. He definatley has more strength, faster and bigger then Dane was.. I look for them to be much better then what most think..

I seen Bridgeport & Decatur both last night and there was no question Decatur looks 10 times better then the Bulls.

I hate to hear that Decatur is that much ahead of the Bulls, One.....I agree with you that the Bull offense needs better execution and continuity at this point---but they always seem to start slowly and "build" as the season progresses---sure hope they put it together before the Decatur game. Next week Breckenridge will be almost as tough and talented as Celina was this week---and this one won't be "just for fun"---it goes in the W-L column.

VWG
08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
There is a way to stop Breckenridge, stop Heatly. He's my pick for Dist. 5-3A MVP this year. If Breck has some support for their QB then they could be a tough team to deal with.

Bullaholic
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by VWG
There is a way to stop Breckenridge, stop Heatly. He's my pick for Dist. 5-3A MVP this year. If Breck has some support for their QB then they could be a tough team to deal with.

Talked to a longtime Breck fan today, VWG, and he said that the backup QB was as good or better than the starter--looks good for the Bucks for the next couple of years. I think the Bulls will definitely have to stop the Bucks QB---I saw him play against Decatur last year, and the Eagles kept him in check by taking away all the underneath routes and forcing him to throw deep---which he did often, but not too accurately (lots of overthrows---strong arm) and the Eagle defenders were not beaten on many of the long routes. I think the Bucks will "key" on Colin Jones and try to force Durban and the Bull receivers to make plays.