PDA

View Full Version : think ralphie being busted for roids was bad, check this out

AggieJohn
08-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Most of you have probably heard about 2 more positive steroid tests one in the AL and one in the NL. MLB will not reveal names until after the appeal process but....

Rumor has it....Roger Clemens

This has apparently been confirmed by multiple sources inside MLB who say he is in the process of appealing. Take it with a grain of salt but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this comes out in the next few days. I believe this is the announcement of the player that will supposedly 'bring baseball to its knees'

link (http://www.redreporter.com/story/2005/8/18/121748/328)

mwynn05
08-19-2005, 01:35 AM
wow

MARLINDOGS
08-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Wow.I hope not.

Phil C
08-19-2005, 08:24 AM
This would be a blow to baseball on a sport that is already down. It would be Houston's luck if they make the playoffs that the suspension would be for the playoff games if it were true. Maybe that is what they waited so long for so Houston would be sure to be eliminated early if they made it. I wouldn't be surprised. Say it ain't so Roger.

HighSchool Fan
08-19-2005, 08:28 AM
here's another reason why pro athletes shouldn't be considered heros or role models. most of them are just overpaid bums that couldn't make it working in a real job.

3afan
08-19-2005, 08:52 AM
of course there are some bad apples but i think that statement ("most of them are just overpaid bums")is a little overboard (IMO of course!)

Black & Gold
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Please don't let this be true....I just spend way to much money to buy his jersey!!!

3afan
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
i havent liked RC since he threw the bat at Mike Piazza ... "I thought it was the ball" - right!

raider red 2000
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
i think it was worse for palmero than if it is true about clemens.

palmero lied in front of america about it.....bold face fibbing is much worse than doing it and hoping not to get caught

mustang04
08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
here's another reason why pro athletes shouldn't be considered heros or role models. most of them are just overpaid bums that couldn't make it working in a real job.

whoa whoa whoa, i wouldnt go that far, my dad played college and professional football and it took a harder toll on him than any job hes ever had, and he grew up on a ranch and worked cattle his whole life, yes some of them might be overpaid, but trust me, its hard on their bodys and more physically and mentally demanding than u think

kaorder1999
08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
that would be funny if it were true

HighSchool Fan
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yes some of them might be overpaid,

show me one that isn't overpaid. they basically "work" 6 to 7 months a year. going in for lifting during the off season isn't considered work. people that have full time jobs find time to work out. again they are overpaid and over appriciated.

mustang04
08-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that would be funny if it were true

if what were true???

mustang04
08-19-2005, 02:22 PM
show me one that isn't overpaid. they basically "work" 6 to 7 months a year. going in for lifting during the off season isn't considered work. people that have full time jobs find time to work out. again they are overpaid and over appriciated.

ha, u still dont get it.....its physically demanding on your body, theres alot of ex-players who are having really bad problems w/ their bodies now, trust me, its easy to say they are overpaid cuz u are a fan w/ a normal job, but if u were put thru the beating they are, you wouldnt do it for the money u make w/ ur job now would u???

and what do u consider REAL JOBS, im just curious????

HighSchool Fan
08-19-2005, 03:01 PM
[B

and what do u consider REAL JOBS, im just curious???? [/B]

i can tell your to young or to much of a s/a to understand what a real job is. playing a game is not a job, far from it. their are plenty of jobs out there where people are physically challenged as grown men that play games. i've heard of alot more people dying at other jobs than i have a football player dying at his "job". oil field workers, highway construction workers, steel mill workers, coal miners, the list goes on and on with jobs that are more demanding than people playing a game. i understand your just out of high school and don't have a clue what the real world is like. one day soon, hopefully, you'll understand it.

BullFrog Dad
08-19-2005, 03:10 PM
On another website they said that Johnny Damon tested positive.

mustang04
08-19-2005, 03:37 PM
i can tell your to young or to much of a s/a to understand what a real job is. playing a game is not a job, far from it. their are plenty of jobs out there where people are physically challenged as grown men that play games. i've heard of alot more people dying at other jobs than i have a football player dying at his "job". oil field workers, highway construction workers, steel mill workers, coal miners, the list goes on and on with jobs that are more demanding than people playing a game. i understand your just out of high school and don't have a clue what the real world is like. one day soon, hopefully, you'll understand it.

haha, i'd just be careful what i'd say...so u think just cuz im young i dont know what a real job is????? for your information i grew up on a ranch working cattle, the past summers ive climbed Wind Turbines for General Electric, and yes people have fallen off the turbines before and died, ive had to climb up 4-5 turbines some days and they are each 300 ft tall, not including the maintenence i do on the gearboxes and the generators in them, should i mention the electrical work involved, answer me, have u ever been up on a 300 ft turbine w/ 2 cranes sittin right outside trying to hook up to and lower a 30,000 pound gearbox, and if the wind gets bad enough can swing the blades into the boom of the crane which could ultimitely kill everyone around??? if u have then ill shut up....oh yeah and i have helped my uncle who owns a constructon company in stephenville, so i think i know what a real job is

on a side note: if having that job, and another job in San Angelo, AND going to Pre-Med and sticking w/ it isnt as tough as the real world then i give all props to you

mustang04
08-19-2005, 03:39 PM
anyway, back to the discussion, yes SOME of the players are overpaid and overappreciated, and its bad that they feel they gotta use steroids to be better, and its worse that their lil fans who idolize some of them have to hear about it

Rabbit'93
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
haha, i'd just be careful what i'd say...so u think just cuz im young i dont know what a real job is????? for your information i grew up on a ranch working cattle, the past summers ive climbed Wind Turbines for General Electric, and yes people have fallen off the turbines before and died, ive had to climb up 4-5 turbines some days and they are each 300 ft tall, not including the maintenence i do on the gearboxes and the generators in them, should i mention the electrical work involved, answer me, have u ever been up on a 300 ft turbine w/ 2 cranes sittin right outside trying to hook up to and lower a 30,000 pound gearbox, and if the wind gets bad enough can swing the blades into the boom of the crane which could ultimitely kill everyone around??? if u have then ill shut up....oh yeah and i have helped my uncle who owns a constructon company in stephenville, so i think i know what a real job is
WOW I do think you know what a real job is. Tough work too.

To HSF- did you just call a high school kid a name?:rolleyes:

Aggie John- Who's raLphie?

Rabbit'93
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

Aggie John- Who's raLphie? ;)

mustang04
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93

Aggie John- Who's raLphie?

hey now..i graduated in 04...im not a highschool kid hehe

HighSchool Fan
08-19-2005, 04:11 PM
yeah mustang, you've done it all. you should be proud. i don't know why all the pre-meds that i know always say that don't have time for a full time job since they have so much school work and internships. your awesome to be able to do all that at once. my hats off to ya.

mustang04
08-19-2005, 04:16 PM
yeah mustang, you've done it all. you should be proud. i don't know why all the pre-meds that i know always say that don't have time for a full time job since they have so much school work and internships. your awesome to be able to do all that at once. my hats off to ya.

no hats off to me.......hats off to Red Bull!:D

babc
08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
MY OPINION. IT'S ALL THE. NBA, NFL, NHL OR ANY OTHER N OR ANOTHER. OR WHO THE PERSON IS WHO GET'S CAUGHT TAKING ILLEAGAL SUBSTANCES. THESE ORGANIZATIONS JUST SLAP HANDS FOR THE $ THESE PEOPLE MAKE. QUIT GIVING THEM WARNINGS & CHANCES. FIRE THEIR BUTTS NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE. IF JOE BLOW WORKS FOR A MAJOR CO. HE GETS FIRED ON THE SPOT. HE DON'T GET 27 CHANCES. AGAIN MY OPINION.

AggieJohn
08-20-2005, 12:28 AM
ralpheal palmero or how ever you call it