PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport pretty rusty in scrimmage vs. Celina

slpybear the bullfan
08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Pretty lackluster night for the Bulls tonight. The defense came out fired up in the set plays, but started bending towards the end. The offense showed signs of the typical Henson wide open offense, but I am concerned about the O line... Celina was consistently in the backfield all night. We HAVE to develop a defense that can stop people. Its been many seasons since one of those lived in Bull Country.

During the timed part of the scrimmage, I believe we lost 2 TDs to none. Celina looked strong and had a running game we could not stop. Our offense put some nice plays together, but needs to work on consistency and pass protection.

On a side note, I enjoyed your visit Matt328. I will definitely try to hook up with you down the road if the schedules allow. Preferably when I am not chasing down my 6 and 2 year olds!!!!

GreenMonster
08-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Slpy, you da man!! BTW, congrats on the new addition.

babc
08-19-2005, 08:46 PM
BE PATIENT BEAR THE BULLS O ALWAYS START SLOW. NOT ALL KEY POSITIONS ARE FILLED ON D. MLB HAS SEPERATED SHOULDER SINCE PARADISE. THEY WILL GET BETTER!

Matthew328
08-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Bridgeport has some playmakers on offense...of course RB Jones....but I also liked the WR Sanchez....BUT their offensive line will have to get better or their QB wont have any time to throw and Jones will be fighting for yardage all year.....defense for the Bulls is also suspect right now....Celina pretty much took it to em...but Celina looks really strong.....state title strong

Bullaholic
08-20-2005, 10:32 AM
I agree with you guys on the Bulls at this point---but a variation from Forest Gump's famous quote could still be applied to my Bulls---"The Bulls are like a box of chocolates--you never know what you are going to get." I love em' and get upset with them from time to time---but I will never, ever go back to the pre-93' days of "3 yards (maybe?), and a cloud of dust." You cannot have a heart condition and attend a Bulls game---and if you didn't have a heart condition before you went to the game---you dang sure will after. The Bulls can be 4 TD's down and not considered "out of it"---but that is not to say that there is not a lot of room for improvement on both sides of the ball before they can run with the "big" boys this season, as you guys so aptly pointed out.

slpybear the bullfan
08-21-2005, 04:12 PM
10-4 Bullaholic... I was a member of those teams where we ran the Veer offense about 10 years after it was past its prime!

I still have high hopes for the season... just making the observation that we still have plenty to work on in practice....

See you all Friday Night!