PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, Cuero people.....

Gobbla2001
08-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Or do you guys consider's tomorrow's scrimmage a 'game'...

I've been looking forward to this one for a lonnnnng time...

gobbler84
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah we went through practice all wekk like we were preparing for a "Game"!

ILS1
08-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Who do y'all play D?? BTW,Cuero is my Kepball pick in 3A!!!

:D :D :D

Gobbla2001
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Who do y'all play D?? BTW,Cuero is my Kepball pick in 3A!!!

:D :D :D

Gregory-Portland....

Nice Kepball pick, I forgot to enter mine, is it past-due?

Hope our guys can pull through for you...

ILS1
08-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
is it past-due?
Hope our guys can pull through for you... [/B]

Yeah,August 1st was the last day I believe. I'm counting on your guys!!! LOL!! I am the defending Kepball Champion!!!:D Gotta keep my streak going!!!:clap:

Gobbla2001
08-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah,August 1st was the last day I believe. I'm counting on your guys!!! LOL!! I am the defending Kepball Champion!!!:D Gotta keep my streak going!!!:clap:

I coulda had ya last year...

My 5A pick, SLC won... But my 4A pick, Bay City didn't help... 3A pick Cuero went 14-1... 2A pick Newton went to the finals and my boys from Shiner went 16-0 for my 1A pick....

almost had ya:D

ILS1
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Last year,I think I picked 4 out of the 5 Champions. Don't wanna jinx ya but it was my 3A pick that I didn't get right!!! LOL!!! :eek: :eek:

Gobbla2001
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Last year,I think I picked 4 out of the 5 Champions. Don't wanna jinx ya but it was my 3A pick that I didn't get right!!! LOL!!! :eek: :eek:

I'm sure there's a yearly rotation..................... right? :confused:

District303aPastPlayer
08-18-2005, 10:28 PM
i consider it a game so much taht i think i am going to it :)

pirate44
08-19-2005, 05:14 AM
we expect a full report.

3afan
08-19-2005, 07:48 AM
dont make it out to be any more important that it really is -- its PRACTICE

sinton66
08-19-2005, 11:00 AM
3afan, you've obviously never faced the arrogance GP can toss out.

BHBrave08
08-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Good luck to you guys in Cuero this season.:thumbsup:

3afan
08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
3afan, you've obviously never faced the arrogance GP can toss out.

no i haven't, but that doesn't change what it really is ...

sinton66
08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
GP has a way of making anybody who plays them at any time, under any circumstances, want to stomp a mudhole in them.:D

AP Panther Fan
08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
no i haven't, but that doesn't change what it really is ...

hmmmm:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

this sounds rather familiar....

44INAROW
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
dont make it out to be any more important that it really is -- its PRACTICE

I'm not arguing with you 3Afan.. I do agree, but we lost #1 and #2 backs for 16 weeks in the GP scrimmage last year, practice or not, it means something........

raider red 2000
08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
wasnt cooper's injury non contact.

i doubt that the coaches and players are trying to get revenge for an injury.

hopefully no injuries tonite.

44INAROW
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

I didn't mean anyone was out for revenge.. sorry if it looked that way.. I just meant, it was more than practice.. Not sure about Coop's injury, but the other injury was contact, but that is what football is a - CONTACT SPORT.

Old Green
08-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I didn't mean anyone was out for revenge.. sorry if it looked that way.. I just meant, it was more than practice.. Not sure about Coop's injury, but the other injury was contact, but that is what football is a - CONTACT SPORT. It happened on the first play of the scrimmage to Cooper.

Gobbla2001
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Non-contact, high-low, it's all the same thing... :rolleyes:

Nah, he ran to the outside, DB had him up high, and I believe an LB or another DB (couldn't tell) dove down to tackle his legs...

Helmet to knee...

Coop, rolled over, got up, and hopped 10 yards back to get out of the way of the next play before the coaches got to him...

Gobbla2001
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Technically it's practice... but if you go out there and play like you're practicing your team isn't going to get any better than they are before your scrimmage...

Heck, I guess that's just how it's always been here in Cuero... 10 state finalist teams couldn't be all wrong :D ;)

gobble35
08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
well i will be out at the game..so hope everyone can come out!

SintonFan
08-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by gobble35
well i will be out at the game..so hope everyone can come out!
I forgot the scrimmage was tonight.

44INAROW
08-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Technically it's practice... but if you go out there and play like you're practicing your team isn't going to get any better than they are before your scrimmage...

Heck, I guess that's just how it's always been here in Cuero... 10 state finalist teams couldn't be all wrong :D ;)

GP had full uniforms on.. red socks and all - Signs up along the bleachers.. Guess they thought it was more than practice too :D Anyone count how many referees were there? I counted 10 at one time.:eek:

gobbler84
08-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

does that look non contact to you?

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 10:01 AM
.......................?

chubbed_up
08-20-2005, 10:07 AM
thats that torn acl picture huh 84? yeah i would say thats a little more than non-contact

AP Panther Fan
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
thats that torn acl picture huh 84? yeah i would say thats a little more than non-contact

Looks like the two G-P players are having ALOT of contact.;) :D

I know this pic must be hard to look at!:(

Gp83
08-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
http://schooleyphoto.com/schooleyphoto/Sports/Football/web111/images/JN5L1604_edited.jpg

does that look non contact to you?

Can you guys share with me what's wrong with that picture? All I see is two GP defenders laying on the ground with Cooper fixing to hit the ground. Do you see one guy holding Cooper up while another chops is knee's out? I was at that scrimmage and saw the whole thing. It was Cooper running to the outside and got caught for a loss. One GP defender was tackling, on the way down towards the ground, another defender hit Cooper causing the injury. Gp played 13 games after this scrimmage with no one claiming we went for knee's. Guys, it's a scrimmage. PRACTICE

Gp83
08-20-2005, 08:18 PM
I also want to add...look at that pic...not one defender is even touching his leg. The alledged defender, or second defender that hit him was AllState LB Casey Allen. I know Casey and all he is is football. He would never have done that on purpose. I can't explain how Cooper's leg got hurt. All I can say is our defense was awesome last year and they swarmed the defender. Cooper was just unlucky that night. I, as well as many of GP's arrogant fans, such as the way Sinton66 has labled us, are glad Cooper has recovered and support Cuero this season on the way to a 3A State Championship. Cuero is my pick for Kepball 3A team this season.

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I also want to add...look at that pic...not one defender is even touching his leg. The alledged defender, or second defender that hit him was AllState LB Casey Allen. I know Casey and all he is is football. He would never have done that on purpose. I can't explain how Cooper's leg got hurt. All I can say is our defense was awesome last year and they swarmed the defender. Cooper was just unlucky that night. I, as well as many of GP's arrogant fans, such as the way Sinton66 has labled us, are glad Cooper has recovered and support Cuero this season on the way to a 3A State Championship. Cuero is my pick for Kepball 3A team this season.

I'm pretty sure your coaches have the film from last year. Watch it. We watched it wednesday and it looked very dirty. Coop was running the bll and the guy just came and took out his knee. There was no other contact, just that guy cutting his knee and coop flipping over him!

Gobbla2001
08-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure your coaches have the film from last year. Watch it. We watched it wednesday and it looked very dirty. Coop was running the bll and the guy just came and took out his knee. There was no other contact, just that guy cutting his knee and coop flipping over him!

See, I thought there were two other guys who stopped the foward progress and then the other guy went to tackle him at the legs and did the knee deal...

I never thought it was purposely done myself, but have always thought "Don't we teach our kids common sense anymore?"

Gp83
08-20-2005, 09:19 PM

Like I said...I know Casey and he would never puposely take a anyone, especially a nocompetitor out. Casey wouldn't even do it to a Cal Allen compititor. Ya'll are just seeing what you want to believe.:rolleyes:

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Just watch the film!!!

44INAROW
Like I said...I know Casey and he would never puposely take a anyone, especially a nocompetitor out. Casey wouldn't even do it to a Cal Allen compititor. Ya'll are just seeing what you want to believe.:rolleyes:

LOL a non-competitor.. I love it.. I never said anyone did it on purpose, I just think having a season ending picture posted of a young man getting hurt is in poor taste, that is all I am saying.. I wish you well for the rest of the season!

Gp83
See, I thought there were two other guys who stopped the foward progress and then the other guy went to tackle him at the legs and did the knee deal...

I never thought it was purposely done myself, but have always thought "Don't we teach our kids common sense anymore?"

You and I both spoke that night and we both agree'd it was not done purposely. It was a bad incident.

Gp83
08-20-2005, 09:24 PM
LOL a non-competitor.. I love it.. I never said anyone did it on purpose, I just think having a season ending picture posted of a young man getting hurt is in poor taste, that is all I am saying.. I wish you well for the rest of the season!

Show me in the picture what is wrong! Not a GP defender is touching his leg! SHOW ME!!!

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:24 PM
And to let you know, it wasn't a linebacker who made the tackle.....It was a corner!

Gp83
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
And to let you know, it wasn't a linebacker who made the tackle.....It was a corner!

I see Casey in that pic and I believe it was him to be the second defender. He might be the first, but I think he was the second. Hard TO TELL SINCE BOTH are on the ground woth Cooper the only one STANDING.

44INAROW
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Show me in the picture what is wrong! Not a GP defender is touching his leg! SHOW ME!!!

JEEZ - read what I said for the 3rd time now.. I didn't say ANYONE DID ANYTHING WRONG how much clearer can I be???????????????????????????? I think POSTING a picture of a season ending injury in poor taste. I REPEAT, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT AGAIN.. I NEVER SAID ANYONE DID IT ON PURPOSE.................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
I see Casey in that pic and I believe it was him to be the second defender. He might be the first, but I think he was the second. Hard TO TELL SINCE BOTH are on the ground woth Cooper the only one STANDING.

Not arguein anymore. As everyone can tell it's the end of the play and when someone gets cut they fall after the one who cut them falls. But the pic is removed so subject is dropped. Have a great season and the best of luck to yall!

44INAROW
08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Not arguein anymore. As everyone can tell it's the end of the play and when someone gets cut they fall after the one who cut them falls. But the pic is removed so subject is dropped. Have a great season and the best of luck to yall!

Amen KJ.. now back to 3A talk.........

Gp83
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
JEEZ - read what I said for the 3rd time now.. I didn't say ANYONE DID ANYTHING WRONG how much clearer can I be???????????????????????????? I think POSTING a picture of a season ending injury in poor taste. I REPEAT, IN CASE YOU MISSED IT AGAIN.. I NEVER SAID ANYONE DID IT ON PURPOSE.................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My bad...I jumped the gun:doh:

Gp83
08-20-2005, 09:32 PM

That's exactly what I think happened is someone got CUT (tackled) as Cooper was falling. Just bad luck on an unlucky night.

gobbler84
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Amen KJ.. now back to 3A talk.........

Speaking of 3a talk....Isn't this a 3a FOOTBALL forum....Last time I checked Gregory Portland was 4a, but that's just me. Mayb coach Reeve was right. I'ma MEATHEAD!

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2005, 09:35 PM
yes bad choice in picking a pic from last year for website in which somebody got hurt, but sure football players had nothing to do with it. From pic just looks like two defenders trying to bring down the ball carrier in which appartanlly lead to him getting injured on that play.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2005, 09:37 PM
this forum is much more active, CC caller forum is like watching paint dry before u see somebody else post something

gobblerfan02
08-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
this forum is much more active, CC caller forum is like watching paint dry before u see somebody else post something Thanks, I think we all try and keep things going on around here to make things a bit more interesting!!!!!!!!!!! It also passes the time WISELY!