PDA

View Full Version : For KTJ or UT Fans Only

Phil C
08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
I noticed on the UT women's soccer team that several players from last year are missing that still had eligibility left. On is Christy Perkins who would have been a soph and Charisse Co who would have been a senior. I wonder if they transfered or quit due to talented freshmen coming in or what. Can you help?
I know Nikki Thaden who would be a junior transfered to Drake. I don't know why but she was great as a freshman but I don't think she started last year. Either way we wish her the best at Drake except if they play Texas because she did kick the winning free kick against the Lady Aggies two years ago.

c-town_balla
08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I know this was about soccer but I read this crap on OrangeBloods and it pretty funny.
A prediction of the texas game vs .ohio state

Ted Ginn will take the opening kick back for a TD..without even being touched. On the ensuing kick..Bobby Carpenter will hit the Texas return man so hard that he literally explodes. There will be no evidence that the player ever existed. After standing there in shock and disbelief..Bobby scoops up the ball and runs it in for the TD.

14-0 Ohio State

On the next kick..Santonio recieves the ball. This is where it gets interesting. He starts doing backflips and all kinds of crazy acrobatics. Never touching the ball or his knee on the ground. He then heads up field..and flies all the way to the endzone Jet Li style. He apparently worked very hard in the off season. Huston then kicks off and kicks the ball out of the stadium. He obviously got some pointers from Nugent. Texas begins at their 20-yard line. The ball is snapped and Young takes off on a QB keeper. A.J. Hawk comes out of nowhere and plants VY. And when I say "plants"..I mean they have to bring shovels on to the field to dig him out of the Ohio Stadium turf. It's now 2nd down and 8 from the Texas 22. The ball is snapped, VY goes back to pass. He throws over the middle to their TE. Donte "The Inferno" Whitner jumps over the TE's head and catches the ball behind his back. He then weaves his way through the Texas offensive players for the Buckeyes 4th score.

28-0 Ohio State

The 2nd Quarter begins. Huston kicks the ball to the 5-yard line..the return man heads up field. James Laurinaitis, in a full sprint, throws a wicked clothes line on the unsuspecting return man. Laurinaitis uses such force..that the Longhorn is decapitated. Mr. Laurinaitis is seen up in the stands smiling from ear to ear. After a moment of silence for the fallen Longhorn player..play resumes. This next play is nothing short of mind boggling. Vince takes the snap, and as he's pitching it to Selvin Young, Mike Kudla catches the ball in mid air and high steps it into the endzone. On the replay..you see Kudla pick up the Texas Tackle and politely move him aside before stealing the pitch. His strength knows no bounds. You can see the frustration and dejection on the Longhorn players. The OSU players even try and console them. You can see Quinn Pitcock giving Young some pointers and trying to keep his spirits up. What happens next is a little out character for Tressel. And I'm not sure I agree with it..but it is only the 2nd quarter. Huston tries a surprise onside kick. It is recovered by Jamario O'Neal on a spectacular diving, one-handed snag. Not wanting to add any more insult to injury..Tressel inserts Rob Schoenhoft in at the QB spot. The ball is snapped..and Teddy Ginn heads towards Schoenhoft for the apparent end around. Schoenhoft pitches to Teddy..who steps back and appears poised to throw the ball. He launches the ball down the sideline to a sprinting Tony Gonzalez. There is a mid air joust between Tony and the Texas defender. The ball is batted and caught by a fellow Buckeye who bowls his way into the endzone. Amazingly..it's freshmen Alex Boone. How did he get down there that fast? Shades of Orlando blocking for Eddie 30 yards down field.

42-0 Ohio State

In a surprise move, fearing for the lives of his players, Mack Brown pulls his team off the field. He asks for a microphone to address the crowd. He then says...

"We knew this was going to be an uphill battle. We gave it our best..but Ohio Stadium at night is just to much too overcome. This Ohio State team is the best I've ever seen..and probably the best team in the history of football. It has been an honor to play in the mecca of college football in front of the best damn fans in the land. Please drive safe..and goodnight"

The crowd erupts..and the victory bell tolls.

KTJ
08-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Phil, I don't really follow soccer. I did a few years ago because I had a class with one of the star players.

However, I hear that we are going to be pretty tough.

Phil C
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I think so KTJ. We got a lot of good players coming back plus an outstanding group of freshmen.