PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful comment made about the town of marlin, players from marlin and coaches

MARLINFAN
11-09-2003, 07:44 PM
okay tell me this why is it okay for teams like ennis ,gilmer,gainesville or really anybody to blow out a team but when marlin does it where at fault. we get responses like you have bad coaches, unsportsman like players, the community is bad and all of this . why is it . is it the remarks about marlin being a low life slum town as someone on this board said . is that what gives u the right to put down a team just because we scored 70 points on ateam. if a team lets someone put 70 points on them they suck. yea i said it they suck and marlin let ennis put 61 on them so if you want to say we suck then we do. but put your team aganist them and lets just see how good you do. yea marlin hasn"t won a state title but guess what atleast we can say we have did some memorable stuff in our years trying

espn1
11-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Give me a winning team that sucks over a losing team that sucks any day.

Buckeye80
11-09-2003, 08:20 PM
I don't know that Gilmer has really "blown anyone away" this year. The most lopsided score we've had was 59-6 against Gladewater. I guess it depends on what you call blowing someone away, but I feel like the general consensus is probably scoring in the 70's. I don't know how your coach handled that game, but I will not make any comparisons to the Aggie game yesterday, as I really stirred things up when I spoke up. So let me say, according to my bracket in "Predict It", we are playing you guys in the state finals. Maybe that will happen, and the game will be 75-73 or something similar. Good Luck to you Bulldogs! The Buckeyes will try like Hell to get there and play you guys!

MARLINFAN
11-09-2003, 08:24 PM
hey buckeye 80 we gone try hardest to see u there two. i feel that if we reach the state finals wont nothing stop us. every football player that has played for marlin since the 30 s will be there if there able. so the game plan for the third season is take it 1 play at a time every block on block, and every cut and tackle.

kaorder1999
11-09-2003, 08:26 PM
dont worry about it...teams score 70 all the time

Buckeye80
11-09-2003, 08:31 PM
MARLINFAN:
hey buckeye 80 we gone try hardest to see u there two. i feel that if we reach the state finals wont nothing stop us. every football player that has played for marlin since the 30 s will be there if there able. so the game plan for the third season is take it 1 play at a time every block on block, and every cut and tackle.Marlin definitely has a proud and tradition-rich program. Although we are just now coming into our own, I feel like we have the ability and the drive to make an exceptional playoff run this year. I might be a little biased by saying this, but I think that Marlin/Gilmer would probably be one of the top 10 matchups in 3A this year. I give y'all all the respect in the world, but I also will tell you this. We may not win that game if it's played, but y'all will definitely know that y'all had a fight on your hands at the end. It's all about the heart THAT deep in the playoffs. Again, I wish Marlin all the best. Go Buckeyes!!! :) :) :)

FranksBullDog
11-09-2003, 08:58 PM
To Marlin Fan.I know what you mean FHSEAGLE made a comment like that without knowing any facts and even though Marlin was beat up when they played Burnett and Ennis Coach Malone was very complimentary of both teams and even said they would not beat Ennis if they played 10 times.He had said earlier that Ennis was a class act even though they put up large scores every week and even though the coaches son is a fine athlete he is far from a class act.Good luck to the Bulldogs All the Way.

MARLINFAN
11-10-2003, 09:45 AM
i know but when fhs was on a losing streak the eagles were no were to be found. at least marlin posters stayed around to thick and thin

cunbed10
11-10-2003, 09:57 AM
M A R L I N

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Don't worry about blowing out the eYo if they had a chance to score 70 on you that would do it. Good luck in the playoffs.

dwhite_eaglesfan
11-12-2003, 10:26 PM
This Eagles fan has stayed around through thick and thin. I for one have said nothing bad about Marlin. Like I said awhile back,I have a great deal of respect for Marlin.

fhseagle
11-13-2003, 03:52 PM
i just found this thread, so i figured i might reply to it since it was about me. there has never been one time that i have not been behind the fairfield eagles since i moved to this town 10 years ago. i have been behind them when they were 0-10 or 10-0, and i will continue to stay behind them because thats what true fans do. and about the part about me calling marlin classless...well, what can i say...i didnt get all the information before i opened my mouth. oh well, i made a mistake...sue me.

Buckeye80
11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
fhseagle:
...sue me.That won't happen. GoForIt got ROM'ed! :D :D