PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland, OHIO a town showing massive improvement on all fronts

pantherpop
08-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Sure they lost the Browns to Baltimore a few years ago but they have since then gotten back a football team that seems to be a little on the rise. Crime is sorta bad in the downtown area especially if they find out you are from the Houston area, ( used to be a big rivalry ). Really I must confess that I didn't like the Browns back in the early 70s cause they would beat my beloved Cowboys !! Anybody else have something to say about Cleveland, OHIO !!

P.S. This is just a joke

Gobbla2001
08-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Drew Carry wasn't bad...

However... are we making fun of Cleveland, Texas or Old Cardnal
?

pantherpop
08-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Drew Carry wasn't bad...

However... are we making fun of Cleveland, Texas or Old Cardnal
?

Neither, I was just trying to lighten up the board a little.

pantherpop
08-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Neither, I was just trying to lighten up the board a little.

By the way, I respect both of them. Just my way of being funny

Etexpirate
08-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Never been to Cleveland, Ohio.. But living 12 miles from Cleveland, Texas.. I can say that they have probably the WORST Walmart that I have ever shopped in. But..I am 13 miles from Cleveland and 13 miles from Livingston.. So pick your poison I always say..
Speaking of dying a slow death.. I also find it hard to pick at Old Cardinal here on the board.. I have actually met him on a couple of occasions at play off games and he was nothing but super nice, gracious and complimentary of my daughter and our team. Hard not to like a guys with good manners.
So I find myself nice to him on the board..and even guilty of taking up for him....though I agree that his posts are a bit antagonizing..
So..I am in the proverbial "rock and hard place". Do I gain popularity and new friends by choosing to bash on OC? or do I stay true to myself and live with my good code of ethics and nice manners and play nice?? Because being unpopular on a BB is the worst...
:(
Since I can't seem to bash the guy.. I guess I'm a sucker....:thinking:
Just my thoughts.. Thanks for letting me ponder on the humor thread!:D

SintonFan
08-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
I guess I was suckered into his niceness too.:o
Shame on me...:(

Ray_BearKat
08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
speaking of Walmarts our new Super Walmart here in Raymondville is almost done and should open in Oct....can't wait for that whoop!! You know your from a small town when this stuff excites you...:D

Etexpirate
08-17-2005, 09:53 PM
good for you...
I was stuck in Beaumont for the National Softball tournament for a week.. I made the mistake of going in several times.. I became educated on the difference between the "Country" store and the "city" Walmart! Inventory is WAY different..
I was ill when I had to go back into the one in Cleveland....:(
When you live in the country...it's the little things....:D

WOS1
08-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
Never been to Cleveland, Ohio.. But living 12 miles from Cleveland, Texas.. I can say that they have probably the WORST Walmart that I have ever shopped in. But..I am 13 miles from Cleveland and 13 miles from Livingston.. So pick your poison I always say..
Speaking of dying a slow death.. I also find it hard to pick at Old Cardinal here on the board.. I have actually met him on a couple of occasions at play off games and he was nothing but super nice, gracious and complimentary of my daughter and our team. Hard not to like a guys with good manners.
So I find myself nice to him on the board..and even guilty of taking up for him....though I agree that his posts are a bit antagonizing..
So..I am in the proverbial "rock and hard place". Do I gain popularity and new friends by choosing to bash on OC? or do I stay true to myself and live with my good code of ethics and nice manners and play nice?? Because being unpopular on a BB is the worst...
:(

ALWAYS stay true to your gut instincts. He was nice to you, so you should always reciprocate. Don't worry, he'll eventually find a way insult you in one way or another.;)

GreenMonster
08-17-2005, 10:27 PM
they did finally tear down that miserable old turd bowl they called a stadium for so many years. That in itself improved the City of Cleveland, OH 2 fold.

SintonFan
08-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
ALWAYS stay true to your gut instincts. He was nice to you, so you should always reciprocate. Don't worry, he'll eventually find a way insult you in one way or another.;)
You can't take what one says on a bulliten board too seriously. I've been here awhile and can tell you who is naive and not(ok, maybe not anymore cause I've seen so many kids grow up here.)
Why some of you folks from WOS have decided to make OC public enemy no. 1 doesn't make sense to me.
I joined the WOS board last year and while some of yall made me feel at home(you and some others did so), many made me feel less than that.
I've been "insulted" by OC more than once and didn't get my "shorts in a twist".
BTW, he wasn't trying to "insult" me, he was engaging in a lively debate.
Just let it go WOS1, please.:)

Ranger Mom
08-17-2005, 10:50 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

HaHa...this was a great thread!

When I first saw it, I was like this: :eek: and thought :rolleyes: here we go again!!

Thanks for the laugh panther pop!!

PhiI C
08-17-2005, 10:53 PM
The great actor Paul Newman is from Cleveland, OH.

AggieJohn
08-18-2005, 12:07 AM
you know your a country bumpkin when you talk about country walmarts and city walmarts...

pantherpop
08-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
The great actor Paul Newman is from Cleveland, OH.

Didn't know that. I knew Drew Carrey was and I'm thinking Joe Walsh ( The James Gang and Eagles guitarist ) was. Speaking of Paul Newman, one of the great actors all time and starred in the movies Hud and Long Hot Summer. I think you'll agree Phil, two of the greatest movies ever. Those two and Dumb and Dumber of course.

LP_06
08-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
you know your a country bumpkin when you talk about country walmarts and city walmarts...

edited because I realized I am logged in under my daughters name...lol....
ETEXP..

Phil C
08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Didn't know that. I knew Drew Carrey was and I'm thinking Joe Walsh ( The James Gang and Eagles guitarist ) was. Speaking of Paul Newman, one of the great actors all time and starred in the movies Hud and Long Hot Summer. I think you'll agree Phil, two of the greatest movies ever. Those two and Dumb and Dumber of course.

Yes indeed. All great movies! And Dawn at Socorro too of course. :)

Phil C
08-18-2005, 08:14 AM
A great movie Dawn at Socorro and they show it once in a while on TCM!

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
A great movie Dawn at Socorro and they show it once in a while on TCM!

:mad: Why doesn't anyone ever let us know these things? :D ;)

Phil C
08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
I will post when it comes on. But for the new members I will post an updated thread about this great movie!

Etexpirate
08-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by WOS1

He probably will.. But the way I look at it is...it's only a Bulletin board.. And I give BB arguments about the same amount of value as I would say a elementary school play ground fight!
You know the kind.. "my Dad has bigger muscles than yours.." "My Mom has bigger..." Well..you get the picture.:rolleyes:
It's a message board..not my front porch..so I let those kind insults roll off my back and into the trash.. Nobody on this board really "knows" me..and until you do get to know me..or say walk a mile in the shoes that I wear as I walk in MY community..then that's all they are..words. Can't be personal..so I choose not to take it that way..
So there you have my PHILosopy on how to play well with others on a Bulletin board!
:inlove:

WOS1
08-18-2005, 10:06 PM
You and Sintonfam are correct. I don't know why, but OC just gets under my skin.:D