PDA

View Full Version : How do you sweep a girl off her feet

TheDOCTORdre
08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
I was sitting around the other day with some friends and we were talking about how we go about pursuing a girl. It was actually a pretty interesting conversation, so i thought I would open it up to the downlow, How do you sweep a girl off her feet (or a guy if you are a girl)

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Be yourself...

If that doesn't work, it was the wrong girl...

SnyTigBaseB07
08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
basically be urself, and pray that you find something that you both really like and then show how much you really know about, if ya say the right things shes urs...lol

Old Tiger
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Make her laugh when she is feeling down.

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I was sitting around the other day with some friends and we were talking about how we go about pursuing a girl. It was actually a pretty interesting conversation, so i thought I would open it up to the downlow, How do you sweep a girl off her feet (or a guy if you are a girl)

Well, personally, I would use a broom!:D

No, you really do hafta just be yourself and let things happen if they do, then that girl is the right one for you.....basically, the same thing g2001 said!

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Well, personally, I would use a broom!:D

I wouldn't mind using this one to sweep a couple girls I know off of their feet... :devil:

http://www.elginsweeper.com/images/broomsweeper.jpg

BrahmaMom
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Speaking as a Mom, I suggest flowers, candlelight, dancing, walks on the beach at sunset or a surprise trip to the Hill Country, New Orleans, or just a surprise--make sure to tell her how to dress, if she's embarrassed, all your effort is wasted! Good luck!

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Speaking as a Mom, I suggest flowers, candlelight, dancing, walks on the beach at sunset or a surprise trip to the Hill Country, New Orleans, or just a surprise--make sure to tell her how to dress, if she's embarrassed, all your effort is wasted! Good luck!

Now I can do a surprise trip to the Hill Country...

But I don't like candles or flowers or dancing really...

Like that new country song by that lynyrd skynyrd dude says:

"It's better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you're not"...

Which is why you be yourself...

If they like what you are, they'll be off of their feet quick...

sahen
08-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
now i thought this was about sweeping them off their feet once u first met them? im sure as a mom you wouldnt want ur daughter (not sure if u have one but i know ur a mom) going to anywhere, esp. new orleans w/ a strange guy...

pirate44
08-17-2005, 06:12 AM
whatever you do, dont reply to her instant message too quickly. play hard to get. ;) :D

BullFrog Dad
08-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Having lots of money usually works.

pancho villa
08-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Hold a gun to her head.

SPF25
08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
whatever you do, dont reply to her instant message too quickly. play hard to get. ;) :D
;) :kiss:

slpybear the bullfan
08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Kill the bugs for her. 'specially the spiders.

CHS_CG
08-17-2005, 10:57 AM
Always tell a girl the truth! Lying is what gets most of you boys in trouble! If you cant tell a girl the truth then why should we tell you the truth!

HighSchool Fan
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Always tell a girl the truth! Lying is what gets most of you boys in trouble! If you cant tell a girl the truth then why should we tell you the truth!

the truth shall set you free, and if you wanna stay with the girl, then don't tell the truth :D

CHS_CG
08-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
the truth shall set you free, and if you wanna stay with the girl, then don't tell the truth :D

:doh: :hand: :rolleyes:

WOS1
08-17-2005, 11:08 AM
The biggest thing is to listen to her. Make sure she knows what she has to say is important.

vet93
08-17-2005, 11:10 AM
The difficulty is not sweeping her off her feet....the tough part is keeping her "swept" off of her feet when the new has worn off, when you have 3 kids and bills to pay, when she is emotionally drained by the storms of life, when you are older, fatter and uglier with less hair...that is the real difficulty. And yet....If you can continually work at sweeping her off her feet each day...it may not always be "candle light and soft music" but it will be the most fullfilling relationship that you can have on this earth!

It is interesting that so many people have said "be yourself". The reality is that when people are seriously dating, the norm is to wear your "dating mask". The trick is to see through the dating mask to find the real person inside. You do that by asking friends and family what they think of the person and seeing how they treat other people (including their own family). You can bet, that if a person treat other people like dirt...that eventually they will treat you like dirt too.

KTJ
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Fly her to NYC for lunch in Manhattan, then head to Hilton Head, South Carolina for a night on the beach. Finally, get some breakfast at a diner in Atlanta and have fresh roses waiting at each destination.

And yes, she enjoyed every bit of it.

SintonFan
08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by vet93
The difficulty is not sweeping her off her feet....the tough part is keeping her "swept" off of her feet when the new has worn off, when you have 3 kids and bills to pay, when she is emotionally drained by the storms of life, when you are older, fatter and uglier with less hair...that is the real difficulty. And yet....If you can continually work at sweeping her off her feet each day...it may not always be "candle light and soft music" but it will be the most fullfilling relationship that you can have on this earth!

It is interesting that so many people have said "be yourself". The reality is that when people are seriously dating, the norm is to wear your "dating mask". The trick is to see through the dating mask to find the real person inside. You do that by asking friends and family what they think of the person and seeing how they treat other people (including their own family). You can bet, that if a person treat other people like dirt...that eventually they will treat you like dirt too.

I agree. One key to keeping her swept off her feet is to prioritize the relationship. Believe it or not, your spouse should come first over your kids. One reason why the divorce rate is so high is parents tend to put the children first, forgetting that their significant other is the reason why they have a family in the first place. When the kids are grown and have moved out you are left with what you have maintained over the years. One of the best things you can do for your kids is show them what a successful relationship is all about.

99IHSMustang
08-17-2005, 11:27 AM
1. A good sense of humor
2. Complimenting one another to promote good self-confidence.
3. Financially stable. Let’s be honest, who wants someone that can’t even take care of himself or herself?
4. Most, Important. Do not think you can win the argument with the woman. Let her just have the last word and let it go.

vet93
08-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Very good point....I have seen so many relationship hurt because one spouse or both is so into the kids that they forget about their spouse. What a lasting legacy...to be able to show your kids what a great, loving relationship looks like!

Originally posted by SintonFan
I agree. One key to keeping her swept off her feet is to prioritize the relationship. Believe it or not, your spouse should come first over your kids. One reason why the divorce rate is so high is parents tend to put the children first, forgetting that their significant other is the reason why they have a family in the first place. When the kids are grown and have moved out you are left with what you have maintained over the years. One of the best things you can do for your kids is show them what a successful relationship is all about.