3.Bellville
4.Silsbee
5.Luling
6.Manor
7.Glen Rose
8.Texarkana Pleasant Grove
9.Wimberley
10.China Spring

LINK (http://www.austintgca.com/vball/poll.cfm)

gobble35
08-16-2005, 09:17 PM
The Cuero Lady Gobblers fell tonight to the St. Joseph Lady Flyers by 3 games to 1! 25-22, 25-20, 23-25, 25-20 I believe...not too sure bout the score on the last game...but the Gobblers were up by 6 in the second game but 5 missed services in a row costed them dearly...not to take anything away from the lady flyers, they were quite impressive, but the gobblers made to many mistakes to be able to pull out the win.....they need to stick together and stayed fired up, their intensity just wasn't there tonite....good luck ladies in the CC tournament where you'll be facing some tougher 5A teams...:inlove:

gobble35
08-16-2005, 09:18 PM
BTW, any of those 10 volleyball teams could win state this season and will be tough for anyone who faces them!

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by gobble35
The Cuero Lady Gobblers fell tonight to the St. Joseph Lady Flyers by 3 games to 1! 25-22, 25-20, 23-25, 25-20 I believe...not too sure bout the score on the last game...but the Gobblers were up by 6 in the second game but 5 missed services in a row costed them dearly...not to take anything away from the lady flyers, they were quite impressive, but the gobblers made to many mistakes to be able to pull out the win.....they need to stick together and stayed fired up, their intensity just wasn't there tonite....good luck ladies in the CC tournament where you'll be facing some tougher 5A teams...:inlove:

Just so everyone knows the two previous posts were both mine, just under gobble35s name again, man I need to quit givin' her all the credits!

PhiI C
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by gobble35

Not a bad job by the Lady Gobblers because St. Joseph usually has a very good team.

necks
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Look for Carthage to move in to the top ten before too long... Off to a 6-1 start and looking very strong doing it.

lobo12
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
monahans beat permian tonight in 3 games, they have also beaten 5 a copperas cove, san angelo central, odessa high, and 4a san angelo lakeview i think all in three games

gobble35
08-16-2005, 11:04 PM
tonight at the cuero vs. st joe...that girl sarah beth she was all over the court..she had a great game!! she had like 10 serves in a row..had i dont know how many aces when she spiked!! man she was awesome!! thats my girl!! go sarah b. #14!!

:cheerl: :inlove: :cheerl: :clap:

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
monahans beat permian tonight in 3 games, they have also beaten 5 a copperas cove, san angelo central, odessa high, and 4a san angelo lakeview i think all in three games

Wouldn't that be a good reason why they are ranked first in 3A....I'm just asking tho!!!!!!!!:D

BTEXDAD
08-17-2005, 08:41 AM
you are probably right, gobbler.

Bellville beat 5A Mayde Creek Tuesday nite, but it took 4 games. Won first two convincingly, then came out flat in third game. Lost it 28-26, before waking up again and winning 4th game 25-13.

Old Cardinal
08-17-2005, 08:28 PM
To BTexDad: I sounds like Bellville will be in the run for it. Silsbee is loaded down here. We will know more about the 24-3A situation after this weekends tournament over a H-F. I see BC, Hardin-Jefferson and H-F as maybe the three top teams. OF and WO-S might surprise. Bridge City and Barbers Hill very early on played two scrimmages keeping no score that were very competitive. This was followed by game situation whereby BH won 25-22 so BC was at least competitive with the #2 ranked team. Again Silsbee might well be the team you will meet in the playoffs.

Hupernikomen
08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
bellville knows they got to worry about a lot of talented teams around them before they could meet up with silsbee in bryan at the regional tourney.

caldwell, wimberly and manor at the powers that will be a force in region III as usual along with BH and Silsbee.

Reg. III nicely represented in the polls.

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
bellville knows they got to worry about a lot of talented teams around them before they could meet up with silsbee in bryan at the regional tourney.

caldwell, wimberly and manor at the powers that will be a force in region III as usual along with BH and Silsbee.

Reg. III nicely represented in the polls.

Sorry, but isn't Wimberley in Reg. IV?????????????????

Just makin' sure we're represented to our fullest!:D

BTEXDAD
08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Sorry, but isn't Wimberley in Reg. IV?????????????????

Just makin' sure we're represented to our fullest!:D

Wimberley is indeed in Region IV, gobbler.
Hupernikomen was testing you and you passed.
Bellville will see Wimberley at the tournament in Buda, Sept 8,10th. They had somewhat off year last year after being best team in state in any classification year b4. They may very well be rolling again this year.
Manor has had Bellville's number past two years and this may be best team they've had of three.
Caldwell will probably be ok because of their tradition and overall program, but from all I've heard they will have kind of a rebuilding year. Do you have any info on that, Hupernikomen? And one other question for you. Where did that screen name come from?

gobblerfan02
08-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Bellville will see Wimberley at the tournament in Buda, Sept 8,10th. They had somewhat off year last year after being best team in state in any classification year b4. They may very well be rolling again this year.
Manor has had Bellville's number past two years and this may be best team they've had of three.
Caldwell will probably be ok because of their tradition and overall program, but from all I've heard they will have kind of a rebuilding year. Do you have any info on that, Hupernikomen? And one other question for you. Where did that screen name come from?

O yeah, I passed a test.....that always makes me feel darn good!
Cuero's headed to CC 5A touney tomorrow I believe!

BHBrave08
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
not that I'm a VB fan or anything like that ::

1.Monahans
2.Barbers Hill
3.Bellville
4.Silsbee
5.Luling
6.Manor
7.Glen Rose
8.Texarkana Pleasant Grove
9.Wimberley
10.China Spring

LINK (http://www.austintgca.com/vball/poll.cfm)

It's ours this year.:mad:

justlikesports
08-18-2005, 04:07 PM
I have to go with the Lady Loboes! Of course being from Monahans I am a little prejudice. The Lady Loboes know that everyone will be gunning for them, but I believe they are up for it. Only one girl graduated, so the team is still very very strong. Not going to be easy for them, but don't be surprised to see the Lady Loboes back in San Marcos in November. I wish everyone the best this season. GO LADY LOBOES!!!!!!

Hupernikomen
08-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

Yeah I forgot about wimberly being region IV. We played them in state finals one year so I shoulda known they weren't region III.

BTW Hupernikomen is from the scripture in my avatar. It means "more than conquerors."