PDA

View Full Version : District 4-3A Overview

Johnny Moxen
08-16-2005, 04:55 PM
District 4-3A overview provided by Texas HS Football.

Toughest district in the State (http://www.texashsfootball.com/guide/previews/2005/districts/dist43a.htm)

Pmoney
08-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes i have to agree that it is the toughest district w/ last years D1 state champs wylie, state semifinalists snyder, and state quarterfinalists sweetwater...with each team not losing much power

Black & Gold
08-16-2005, 06:55 PM
This will again be a very tough district. I wouldn't be surprised to see Snyder, Sweetwater, and Wylie all go deep in the playoffs again.

injuredinmelee
08-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Im honestly not trying to start anything here and most know that i am a Wylie supporter but I think Sweetwater is the team to beat this fall.

GO GONZALEZ (whatever your mascot is)!!!

SnyTigBaseB07
08-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Im honestly not trying to start anything here and most know that i am a Wylie supporter but I think Sweetwater is the team to beat this fall.

sweetwater haha *** were u smoking!!!!

Wylie and Snyder are the teams to beat!

Ranger05
08-17-2005, 02:42 AM

GO GONZALEZ (whatever your mascot is)!!! I also agree i think sweetwater is the team to beat this year and i am also not tryin to start anything its is just my opinion

injuredinmelee
08-17-2005, 07:26 AM
They are loaded offensively and have a ton of kids coming back. I guess we will see in about 12 weeks.

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2005, 07:52 AM

ROFL!!! :D

injuredinmelee
08-17-2005, 08:33 AM
They are loaded offensively and have a ton of kids coming back. I guess we will see in about 12 weeks.

I PREFER to see Cuero in the small school bracket.

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I PREFER to see Cuero in the small school bracket.

Look what someone said about an early top 40...he gave the top 10 from each region...in his opinion......but look at Region 4, 3 are from the same district as Cuero, being the gobblers, Yoakum, and Halletsville!!!!!!!!!!:D

http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13621

Just a chuckle!:D

injuredinmelee
08-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Look what someone said about an early top 40...he gave the top 10 from each region...in his opinion......but look at Region 4, 3 are from the same district as Cuero, being the gobblers, Yoakum, and Halletsville!!!!!!!!!!:D

http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13621

Just a chuckle!:D

Why did you have to burst my happy bubble?

mustang04
08-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
sweetwater haha *** were u smoking!!!!

Wylie and Snyder are the teams to beat!

haha are u trying to say that sweetwater isnt as good as wylie or snyder????? if so, the question is what are YOU smoking????

pero chato
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha are u trying to say that sweetwater isnt as good as wylie or snyder????? if so, the question is what are YOU smoking????

OK let's everyone extinguish our lighted materials. We all know deep in our hearts that all three teams are the ones to beat. I just hope that after all this "toughest district in the state" hoopla, that we don't get knocked out in the first round--assuming of course we all three make the playoffs. Clyde and Merkel definitely have the potential to be spoilers.

44INAROW
08-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Go GONZALEZ (whatever your mascot is)

lol They are the Apaches.. wonder if that name is going to be banned as well?

injuredinmelee
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
OK let's everyone extinguish our lighted materials. We all know deep in our hearts that all three teams are the ones to beat. I just hope that after all this "toughest district in the state" hoopla, that we don't get knocked out in the first round--assuming of course we all three make the playoffs. Clyde and Merkel definitely have the potential to be spoilers.

If it wasnt for a blown call in the Snyder Merkel game, Snyder is starting basketball in week 11 last season.
And I dont mean that Synder wasnt a really good team Merkel just decided to play that night.

SnyTigBaseB07
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM

Now dont take this the wrong way, im just saying in my opinion i dont think sweetwater is the team to beat, i personally prefer to see wylie and snyder. But hey im not saying sweetwater isnt good, if the whole field goal incident hadnt happened last year, ya'll probably would have gone just as far as us. Who knows, im just saying its just my opinion

lobo12
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
just as far as snyder huh...lol...didnt snyder lose in the next round to gilmer, if thats the case and sweetwater would have won the regional final, then yes id have to say they would have gone as far as snyder did lol................my opinion on this district is that sweetwater is first, wylie second, and snyder third....all great teams and should have equal success to last seasons teams....my reasoning is that i think snyder lost alot when they lost walker, they could very easily reload however

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 07:42 PM
I could make all the same arguements about 26-3A, but I'm not going to, I'll just wait until district is over with and start talking smack to the rivals as soon as playoffs start!!!!!!:D :D :D

Black_Magic
08-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by lobo12
just as far as snyder huh...lol...didnt snyder lose in the next round to gilmer, if thats the case and sweetwater would have won the regional final, then yes id have to say they would have gone as far as snyder did lol................my opinion on this district is that sweetwater is first, wylie second, and snyder third....all great teams and should have equal success to last seasons teams....my reasoning is that i think snyder lost alot when they lost walker, they could very easily reload however Snyder has 9 starters comming back on D... and as far as losing walker, I believe the same was said about losing malcom Wells, and before that TJ Jones....They may say the same thing after this year when they talk about Reigh or D'white Wells.. its an every year thing saying Snyder will have a hard time replacing people but it always happens.:D

Ranger Mom
08-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder has 9 starters comming back on D... and as far as losing walker, I believe the same was said about losing malcom Wells, and before that TJ Jones....They may say the same thing after this year when they talk about Reigh or D'white Wells.. its an every year thing saying Snyder will have a hard time replacing people but it always happens.:D

I think that basically applies to ANY team!

Black_Magic
08-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think that basically applies to ANY team! then we both see lobo's comment in the same way... :p

lobo12
08-18-2005, 09:33 AM
all i meant was that he is gonna be a hard player to replace, when u lose someone like that someone has to step up and fill the place and i havent see snyder play so i dont know if they have another good back, all i was stating was my opinion, however, i do think it will be a repeat of last years regional finals with snyder and sweetwater

Black_Magic
08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
If it wasnt for a blown call in the Snyder Merkel game, Snyder is starting basketball in week 11 last season.
And I dont mean that Synder wasnt a really good team Merkel just decided to play that night. are you still harping on the play when Snyders FB had the ball and the whistle blew and the merkel player kept tuging on the ball so he just let him have it ( after all the whistle blew )???? I know the kid and he said he just let the merkel kid have it because he knew the play was over. I was there and saw it too.. Or is this comment comming from someone who cant get over the loss in wylie at the end of last year?:thinking:

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Personally, I don't feel than either Wylie, Sweetwater, or Snyder can be described as the "better team". One is a defending state champ, one has one of the most winning programs in the state, and the other, well the other is Snyder( HAHA I am always going to be from Sweetwater). All jokes aside they are all loaded with talent and experience, I honestly don't think we we will know who is better until they meet a little bit on down the road. Just my humble opinion that ain't worth much.

Pmoney
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
One is a defending state champ, one has one of the most winning programs in the state, and the other, well the other is Snyder( HAHA I am always going to be from Sweetwater)
Now....we might not be one of the most winning programs in the state but by my memory which isnt always too great we made it to the semifinals.....by beating WHO???? there goes my memory:D it really doesnt matter how many games you have won in the past its the ones you will win in the present

if the mods dont like what i said take it off and im sorry for the inconvience

smustangs
08-18-2005, 09:41 PM
i agree no one can say who is the better team till they meet. we can all argue stats and tradition and returners and all that but what matters is what happens for 48 mins on any given friday night. but i still have to root for my mustangs

Pmoney
08-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i agree no one can say who is the better team till they meet. we can all argue stats and tradition and returners and all that but what matters is what happens for 48 mins on any given friday night. but i still have to root for my mustangs
Thats true besides the mustang part lol.....

mustang04
08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Now....we might not be one of the most winning programs in the state but by my memory which isnt always too great we made it to the semifinals.....by beating WHO???? there goes my memory:D it really doesnt matter how many games you have won in the past its the ones you will win in the present

if the mods dont like what i said take it off and im sorry for the inconvience

oh yeah, thats right, yall made it to the semifinals, first time ever right?....sweetwater has been there plenty of times, in snyder's case it should have been called "semiFINALLY" hahahaha, just givin ya a hard time, as long as yall dont do sumthin stupid like lose to merkel and give them another trip to the playoffs:D

Black_Magic
08-19-2005, 01:12 PM
just givin ya a hard time, as long as yall dont do sumthin stupid like lose to merkel and give them another trip to the playoffs:D Dont you mean you hope Sweetwater doesnt do something stupid like lose to merkel... LOL You guys get to to Snyder this year
:D

mustang04
08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Dont you mean you hope Sweetwater doesnt do something stupid like lose to merkel... LOL You guys get to tome to Snyder this year
:D

i am shocked and apalled by you....smiling even tho u know you are going to get beat in your own house, shame on you!!

Black_Magic
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Your right... It can happen... Snyder getting beat in Tiger stadium has happened . I think It happened a couple of times3 or 4 years ago.. of course it has been a while. Last time the Mustangs came to Snyder they didnt like it much... Did you??:D

mustang04
08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Your right... It can happen... Snyder getting beat in Tiger stadium has happened . I think It happened a couple of times3 or 4 years ago.. of course it has been a while. Last time the Mustangs came to Snyder they didnt like it much... Did you??:D

the last time I went to snyder....i cant remember what year it was, my soph. year, we won, the my junior year right before i got moved up to varsity, they lost to snyder there, but we beat yall on JV, then my senior year we beat yall......honestly i dont think ive been on a team that has lost to snyder in football:) :D

Black_Magic
08-19-2005, 01:31 PM
the last time I went to snyder....i cant remember what year it was, my soph. year, we won, the my junior year right before i got moved up to varsity, they lost to snyder there, but we beat yall on JV, then my senior year we beat yall......honestly i dont think ive been on a team that has lost to snyder in football:) :D OH!!! so your one of those ONE year lettermen... ok. I was about to say that you must be a lucky person to have played for Sweetwater in the past 5-6 years and never have lost to Snyder. because it happens alot.

mustang04
08-19-2005, 01:37 PM
OH!!! so your one of those ONE year lettermen... ok. I was about to say that you must be a lucky person to have played for Sweetwater in the past 5-6 years and never have lost to Snyder. because it happens alot.

no..i was 2 year letterman, i played 8 games for varsity my junior year, 4 district and 4 playoff, its kinda hard to make varsity ur junior year when u have a car wreck at the end of ur sophmore year makin u lose 30 lbs in 3 days, so i had to start easy

anymore questions???? i wonder what it feels like to lose to snyder in football

Bubba-Joe
08-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh Blackie
here you go again

last 5 years = 4 games
same amount of wins and loses for each
you really don't want to go back too far in this rivalry do you
some of us have all the stats
Yes Snyder has had a good run in the recent past......
no one is discounting that
but be careful
Pride goes before the Fall

2000 – No Game
2001 – No Game
2002 – Snyder 26 Sweetwater 20
2003 – Sweetwater 25 Snyder 13
2004 – Sweetwater 35 Snyder 25
2004 – Snyder 21 Sweetwater 20

mustang04
08-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Oh Blackie
here you go again

last 5 years = 4 games
but be careful

2000 – No Game
2001 – No Game

Bubba Joe, where you been???? we need to cook-out sometime!
i might see you tonight! but i will be kinda dazed, since i am on painkillers for the 3 surgeries i had tues.

injuredinmelee
08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
are you still harping on the play when Snyders FB had the ball and the whistle blew and the merkel player kept tuging on the ball so he just let him have it ( after all the whistle blew )???? I know the kid and he said he just let the merkel kid have it because he knew the play was over. I was there and saw it too.. Or is this comment comming from someone who cant get over the loss in wylie at the end of last year?:thinking:

I have seen the game film from both schools and the official standing there looking at the ball carriers back never raised his hands to signal the end of the play until the Merkel kid was 5 yards away. I acknowledge that Snyder whipped us int he second half and came away with a win... but even a dogs _ _ _ gets some sunshine. I root for Snyder every week but one so dont get your panties in wad.

WylieGrad2003
08-20-2005, 03:06 AM
I think that Wylie will be the team to beat this year....strictly my opinion, and my opinion is very bias towards Wylie. Sweetwater always has a VERY good team and I am interested to see how they do this year....hopefully no more losses to MERKEL...of all teams.

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3396/wylieglowing6ye.gif

jmcgee
08-20-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Oh Blackie
here you go again

last 5 years = 4 games
but be careful

2000 – No Game
2001 – No Game
yeah i dont think he wants to go much futher. he must be young. because it gets ugly for the black and gold futher than that.

Pmoney
08-20-2005, 10:46 AM
the only reason yall beat us is by having the luck of getting us to play you at home twice and yall didnt have to come to snyder

SnyTigBaseB07
08-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Haha i love this stuff you guys. But look the truth is, Sweetwater and Snyder, both exceptional teams. Ya we've lost to s'water, ya ya'll have lost to us. But all that counts is in october when we meet, that and when we're playing in the playoffs, cuz we will see sweetwater there.

Pmoney
08-20-2005, 12:31 PM
thats true

jmcgee
08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
true