PDA

View Full Version : How to stay awake in meetings.....

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
OFFERED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE...

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those
long and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that.

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,
prepare yourself by drawing a square. A 5" x 5" is a good size. Divide
the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25
one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:

* synergy

* strategic fit

* core competencies

* best practice

* bottom line

* revisit

* expeditious

* to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")

* 24/7

* out of the loop

* benchmark

* value-added

* proactive

* win-win

* think outside the box

* fast track

* result-driven

* empower (or empowerment)

* knowledge base

* at the end of the day

* touch base

* mindset

* client focus(ed)

* paradigm

* game plan

* leverage

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally,
stand up and shout "BULL****!"

***Testimonials from satisfied "Bull**** Bingo" players:

-- "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."-
Adam W., Atlanta

-- "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."- David
T.,

Florida

-- "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first
win."- Dan J., New York City

-- "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us
waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver

-- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULL****!' for
the third time in two hours."-

Fish's mom
08-16-2005, 03:16 PM
lol, Love this but I would add they see the BIGGER PICTURE. Shoot I wish they show me it . HAHAHAH

MARLINDOGS
08-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Now this is interesting.:thinking:

44INAROW
08-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I could have used this last Weds... :)

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 03:31 PM
I love it!! :clap:

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 03:43 PM
LOL...I know, I would be one of those saying "my attention span has improved drastically" :D

We used to have an internal auditor that would come in and after he was finished he would speak to a group of us. It got to be a joke because all of us around the table would count the number of times he said "hey" ... instead of comprehending what was being said we were listening for the word and making tick-marks on a paper.....:rolleyes: :D

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL...I know, I would be one of those saying "my attention span has improved drastically" :D

We used to have an internal auditor that would come in and after he was finished he would speak to a group of us. It got to be a joke because all of us around the table would count the number of times he said "hey" ... instead of comprehending what was being said we were listening for the word and making tick-marks on a paper.....:rolleyes: :D Don't you hate when someone is speaking and they use, "Uh" or "Hey" or "You know" like every other word? :mad: :nerd:

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't you hate when someone is speaking and they use, "Uh" or "Hey" or "You know" like every other word? :mad: :nerd:

Yep, and the guy I am talking about did it sooo much it was comical. I hope he was never trying to share any really important info with me....cuz' I was busy counting! ;)

injuredinmelee
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok I did this in our staff meeting this afternoon and it was a hit. My boss pulled me aside afterwards and asked what the HE:: i was doing. I told him and even emailed him the link. Hes ready to try it next week.

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Ok I did this in our staff meeting this afternoon and it was a hit. My boss pulled me aside afterwards and asked what the HE:: i was doing. I told him and even emailed him the link. Hes ready to try it next week.

LOL....I sent it to my boss(es) today via e-mail also.

One e-mailed me back
quote "ha ha" .....

I have a meeting tomorrow, but I think they are now on to me!;) :)

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Yep, and the guy I am talking about did it sooo much it was comical. I hope he was never trying to share any really important info with me....cuz' I was busy counting! ;) LOL. I just stop listening after the first "you know" ... ughhh... :D

Ranger Mom
08-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL. I just stop listening after the first "you know" ... ughhh... :D

It's not so bad if they don't like use the work like a bunch, like you know??

I was listening to a radio station last week and they had a girl on there who had to name as many things she could to their question in 10 seconds...without saying "umm".

The question was: What uses a key?

She said, "ignitions, car doors, car trunks, masterlocks...umm...mail boxes!!

The buzzer buzzed and she lost. To date, they have not had a winner that lasted 10 seconds without saying "umm"!

Old Green
08-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I have heard every one of those Key phrases during our Quarterly conference calls.:mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I have heard every one of those Key phrases during our Quarterly conference calls.:mad:

Obviously, I must've been awake through some of the meetings I've had to sit through. I actually used "empowered" in a post last week. :eek: :eek:

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Green

Well, at least when you jump up and yell Bull**** during a conference call, they won't see your bingo card. Maybe think you just whacked your knee on the desk or something! :D :D :D

Old Green
08-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Obviously, I must've been awake through some of the meetings I've had to sit through. I actually used "empowered" in a post last week. :eek: :eek: LoL. You must have sat through so many meetings that it sunk in,thus empowering you to use the word.:D

Old Green
08-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, at least when you jump up and yell Bull**** during a conference call, they won't see your bingo card. Maybe think you just whacked your knee on the desk or something! :D :D :D LoL:D :clap:

gobbler grad
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
just got home from a 2- day meeting and boy was hard to stay awake...especially right after a big lunch...:hairpunk: drank alot of sodas to pass the time...