PDA

View Full Version : 08-16-05 Volleyball Results!

Phil C
08-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Post them here! Tonight Sinton is hosting a three team tournament starting at 4:30 P.M. in Sinton. Sinton will play Freer, then Freer plays Corpus Christi Ray HS and then Sinton will play Ray. A good night of volleyball indeed. I am a Sinton Lady Pirate Fan but Freer HS is my alma mater so I am not sure who I will cheer for when they play. You Sinton fans better come to the game and find out. :)

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Post them here! Tonight Sinton is hosting a three team tournament starting at 4:30 P.M. in Sinton. Sinton will play Freer, then Freer plays Corpus Christi Ray HS and then Sinton will play Ray. A good night of volleyball indeed. I am a Sinton Lady Pirate Fan but Freer HS is my alma mater so I am not sure who I will cheer for when they play. You Sinton fans better come to the game and find out. :)

Looks like someone might be trying to sneak out of the office early today!:D

Old Tiger
08-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Rockdale has China Spring at home tonight.

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Looks like someone might be trying to sneak out of the office early today!:D How'd you know? :D Just about to ask the boss for a hall pass. ;)

Hall pass granted!! :thumbsup: See you there Phil! :)

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How'd you know? :D Just about to ask the boss for a hall pass. ;)

LOL...:p

Looks like AP hosts Bishop tonight here starting at 5, 6 and 7:00. No hall pass needed if I decide to go.;)

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
The Cuero Lady Gobblers are hosting St. Joseph in Cuero tonite....think they start at the usual times....5, 6, and 7 I believe!

Phil C
08-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey pirate4state will you be at the volleyball game too. The freshmen and junior varsities are playing too according to the schedule.

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey pirate4state will you be at the volleyball game too. The freshmen and junior varsities are playing too according to the schedule. Yes. What I don't understand is will the Fish/JV games be going on at the same time the Varsity is playing? :thinking: How does that make any sense? :rolleyes: I guess b/c there are 2 schools. :confused:

44INAROW
08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
The Cuero Lady Gobblers are hosting St. Joseph in Cuero tonite....think they start at the usual times....5, 6, and 7 I believe!

KK - I might be seeing you there (tenative plans) :)

Phil C
08-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes. What I don't understand is will the Fish/JV games be going on at the same time the Varsity is playing? :thinking: How does that make any sense? :rolleyes: I guess b/c there are 2 schools. :confused:

Unfortunately they will have to be at the same time pirate4state. The varsity will be playing in the new gym and the others will be playing while the others will be playing at the old gym.

Phil C
08-16-2005, 02:44 PM
I will have to cheer for our Lady Pirates when they play Freer (and of course when they play Ray) but it is hard since Freer is my alma mater but at least I get to cheer for Freer when they play Ray!

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately they will have to be at the same time pirate4state. The varsity will be playing in the new gym and the others will be playing while the others will be playing at the old gym. Do we have to pay to get into each game? :mad:

Isn't it funny how I have no problem paying $5 dollars for a football game, but I refuse to pay a possible $4 bucks for some volleyball games? :thinking: :D

PhiI C
08-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Sorry I missed your question but since you were there you know that right now it is $3 for all three games.

Good tournament with good volleyball indeed. Sinton beat my old alma mater Freer in three straight games but they were close and the points were hard to come by.
Then Freer played 5A Corpus Christi Ray High School and lost 4 to 1 but all games were very close and tough. Good job by my old high school.
Then Sinton beat Ray in a tough match 3 to 2. The first three games were very close with Ray winning the first one and the third one. Then Sinton took control winning the third game I think 25 to 15 and then won the fifith 15 to 6 I think. The points as always were hard fought and not easy to come by.
Good job by all three teams in playing good entertaining volleyball.

necks
08-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Carthage beat Van and Grand Saline, both in 3 games.

pirate4state
08-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Sorry I missed your question but since you were there you know that right now it is $3 for all three games.

Good tournament with good volleyball indeed. Sinton beat my old alma mater Freer in three straight games but they were close and the points were hard to come by.
Then Freer played 5A Corpus Christi Ray High School and lost 4 to 1 but all games were very close and tough. Good job by my old high school.
Then Sinton beat Ray in a tough match 3 to 2. The first three games were very close with Ray winning the first one and the third one. Then Sinton took control winning the third game I think 25 to 15 and then won the fifith 15 to 6 I think. The points as always were hard fought and not easy to come by.
Good job by all three teams in playing good entertaining volleyball.

This was my first opportunity to watch the Varisty play. The season is young, but these girls look like they could make a decent run this year. They've got some pretty good hitters on that team!! I was very impressed with CoCo!! :thumbsup: Hope they continue to have success. :clap:

BTEXDAD
08-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Bellville over 5A Mayde Creek, 3 games to 1.

Bellville in Katy VB tournament Thursday thru Saturday.
One of toughest tournaments around. Three of top ten 5A schools there. Will take some serious volleyball from anyone to win that tournament. Will keep you informed.

Phil C
08-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Bellville over 5A Mayde Creek, 3 games to 1.

Bellville in Katy VB tournament Thursday thru Saturday.
One of toughest tournaments around. Three of top ten 5A schools there. Will take some serious volleyball from anyone to win that tournament. Will keep you informed.

Thank you BTEX! Please keep the updates coming.

Phil C
08-17-2005, 09:13 AM
This was my first opportunity to watch the Varisty play. The season is young, but these girls look like they could make a decent run this year. They've got some pretty good hitters on that team!! I was very impressed with CoCo!! :thumbsup: Hope they continue to have success. :clap:

Yes they have got a good chance. They have some seniors but they also have some young freshmen playing a lot. Coco is a great athlete. She plays good volleyball, basketball, track and softball!

Phil C
08-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by necks
Carthage beat Van and Grand Saline, both in 3 games.

Thanks for the updates necks! Please keep them coming.

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Here's a whole bunch for ya Phil, have at it!

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/hssports/schedulesindex.asp?Year=000000000503400060&Sport=000000000501213170&TargetDate=8/16/2005

Hope this keeps you busy for a little bit anyways!

Phil C
08-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Thank you Gobbler. Good web site! Cuero did well against St. Josephs who usually has a very good team.

gobblerfan02
08-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Thank you Gobbler. Good web site! Cuero did well against St. Josephs who usually has a very good team.

Your welcome....the ladies are headed to CC to play in a big tournament down there this weekend, we'll see how they end up doing!!

Cat22
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Orangefield beat Beaumont Central 3-2. 16-25, 13-25, 25-18, 25-20, 15-11

Phil C
08-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
Orangefield beat Beaumont Central 3-2. 16-25, 13-25, 25-18, 25-20, 15-11

It is very rare that a winning team is outscored in total. If you add totals of all games Beaumont Central had 99 points while Orangefield had 94. Of course it is irrelevant because the team that wins 3 out 5 wins the match. Orangefield showed some character to be able to win the match after being down 2 to 0.
Thanks for the update CAT and regards to your parents.