PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Port Aransas...

KTJ
08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Well I got back 2 hours ago. It was very nice and relaxing. I was thinking about stopping in Sinton to see the gobs of people we have posting from that area, but something told me not to. :D

AP Panther Fan
08-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well I got back 2 hours ago. It was very nice and relaxing. I was thinking about stopping in Sinton to see the gobs of people we have posting from that area, but something told me not to. :D

Glad you had a nice trip. I know you must have driven right through Aransas Pass also .... now we know how you are!:p ;) :D

SintonFan
08-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You should have stopped for an early dinner at the Butter Churn buffet or Backstreet restaurant. Besides the tortilla burgers in town you couldn't go wrong with eating at these places. The antique shopping in town isn't what it was a few years ago but there are plenty of nice places still to go to. Especially on Thursdays!:smoker:

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Well I got back 2 hours ago. It was very nice and relaxing. I was thinking about stopping in Sinton to see the gobs of people we have posting from that area, but something told me not to. :D WELL!! :tongue: Did you at least honk your horn as you drove by? :D

KTJ
08-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Of course I honked.

And I drank an adult beverage in memory of my Sinton 3ADL friends. :D

District303aPastPlayer
08-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Of course I honked.

i bet he was at the Town Club

KTJ
08-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i bet he was at the Town Club

That doesn't sound good. And no I wasn't there.

I did stop at the HEB in Gregory though.

District303aPastPlayer
08-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
That doesn't sound good. And no I wasn't there.

I did stop at the HEB in Gregory though.

portland!!

exbccards76'smom
08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
the next time I come that way, I am gonna drive so I can stop in at Sinton and visit awhile.

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
the next time I come that way, I am gonna drive so I can stop in at Sinton and visit awhile. :clap: Let us know when you're coming through and we'll have lunch. :)

Phil C
08-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I wish I had caught you on the way by. I would have made and sent some posters for our UT volleyball and soccer teams! :)

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
You mean you came all the way down to South Texas and didn't stop and say hello.....wow, well all I can say now KTJ is keep austin weird!:D

KTJ
08-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm doing my part on that. :)

Phil C
08-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey District where is that HEB in Gregory that KTJ stopped at?

Phil C
08-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I will get a sign to the UT soccer girls when they have that Big 12 tournament in San Antonio in November. I got to save up my gasoline money for the trip though.

KTJ
08-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Phil

The HEB I stopped at was right off the highway as soon as I crossed that massive bridge out of Corpus. It was in the middle of a shopping center that also had a McDonalds in it and I could see the stadium lights of the high school. (or at least I think it was the high school.)

District303aPastPlayer
08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Phil

The HEB I stopped at was right off the highway as soon as I crossed that massive bridge out of Corpus. It was in the middle of a shopping center that also had a McDonalds in it and I could see the stadium lights of the high school. (or at least I think it was the high school.)

welcome to portland

AP Panther Fan
08-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
welcome to portland

I am still trying to figure out what route he took to/from Austin...:thinking: must have been 37N to SA and then 35N to Austin. I kinda like the more scenic route....183 through Cuero/ Gonzales/Luling/Lockhart.;)

AggieJohn
08-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Of course I honked.

would that adult beverage be while you were driving? :eek: :eek: :eek:

KTJ
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am still trying to figure out what route he took to/from Austin...:thinking: must have been 37N to SA and then 35N to Austin. I kinda like the more scenic route....183 through Cuero/ Gonzales/Luling/Lockhart.;) \

Yup. 35 top 37 to 361. (something like that.)

would that adult beverage be while you were driving?

No.

pirate4state
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am still trying to figure out what route he took to/from Austin...:thinking: must have been 37N to SA and then 35N to Austin. I kinda like the more scenic route....183 through Cuero/ Gonzales/Luling/Lockhart.;) I take 183/80... Lockhart, Luling, Nixon, Gillett, Helena, Kenedy, Tulsita, Pettus (aka - speed trap), Tuleta, Normanna, Beeville, Skidmore & I'm home!! Love that drive! :)