PDA

View Full Version : canyon girls or boys

AggieJohn
03-07-2003, 10:07 PM
i heard it was the canyon girls or boys this year that were so good and had beaten teams but unbelievable amounts...anyone got anymore info on this...

wildstangs
03-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Canyon girls, 3A state champions. Ranked number 1 in the nation. One loss all year to some private school in New York. They beat my school 68-11. The boys were pretty salty also.

AggieJohn
03-07-2003, 11:28 PM
wildstangs:
Canyon girls, 3A state champions. Ranked number 1 in the nation. One loss all year to some private school in New York. They beat my school 68-11. The boys were pretty salty also.i guess they were good..why is it no one heard of them...

vet93
03-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Most people who follow girls basketball have known about the Canyon girls for awhile. However, alot of people don't follow girls athletics too much so their accomplishments are often overlooked. Also, because there is not a major media market around in the panhandle we often don't hear too much about panhandle schools in general. Through the playoffs Canyon beat everyone by 30 to 50+ points except for Ballinger in the Regional final whom they beat by 14 points. They were as dominant a girls basketball team as I have ever seen.