PDA

View Full Version : South Texas youth sets nat'l discuss record

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 03:15 PM
taken from the Ingleside Index......this little girl is the daughter of one of my father's best friends.

National record in discus set by Hydrick

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:27 PM CDT

For the third year in a row, Jill Hydrick competed at the National AAU Jr. Olympics in the sub-youth discus event, and for the third year in a row, placed first in her division. This year the meet was held in New Orleans, La. Aug. 2.

Jill, who is an eighth grader at Leon Taylor Junior High in Ingleside, threw a winning throw of 123 ft. 2 in. in discus to set a national record in the 13 year old division.

In the javelin throw on Saturday Aug. 6, in her first year to be able to throw, she had a throw of 81 ft. for a seventh place finish.

Jill was accompanied to New Orleans by her parents, Darcy and Mark Hydrick of Aransas Pass, her grand-parents, Jo Ann and Dick Ehmann of Ingleside on the Bay and Pattye and George Hydrick of Utopia.

"We are so proud of Jill for her outstanding performance in track. She is an excellent representative of the South Texas area. We hope Jill will be a 'three-peat' in the discus, as she has won her division for each of the last two years. Good Luck to Jill and all the other athletes from the South Texas area," said Jo Ann Ehman.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
:clap: COOL!! Congrats to her & her family! :thumbsup:

Phil C
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Way to go Jill!

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
all the women of this family have been standout track stars....and her mama was a chunker at Texas A&M, her sister is currently a javlin chunker at A&M Kingsville.....not to mention daddy played football at A&M as a walkon.

District303aPastPlayer
08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
and then ppl wonder how they are stealing district title after district title from sinton in girls track

good job! way to go and represent the area!

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Ingleside/The Lady Mustangs have ALWAYS had a good track team/program. back in my day it was their relay teams, w/ the likes of the Pritchett twins, Jenie Stout, Robin Peel, etc. I believe Jenie was a state qualifier in the 200 all 4 yrs of HS.

vet93
08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
That is a tremendous throw for that age! That throw would win most high school track meets! Congrats to the young lady...her future looks bright.

AP Panther Fan
08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Congratulations to Jill and the entire Hydrick family!

Here's hoping your successes continue as I am sure they will ...:clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Here's hoping your successes continue as I am sure they will ...:clap: :clap: :clap: i mis-spoke earlier....Kelly isnt throwing at A&M Kingsville this year is she?? i believe shes fixing to, or JUST had a baby.

AP Panther Fan
08-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i mis-spoke earlier....Kelly isnt throwing at A&M Kingsville this year is she?? i believe shes fixing to, or JUST had a baby.

She is still going to school in Kingsville, living there and is about to deliver next month (baby shower over this past weekend). She is enrolled for the fall semester as well, but taking a light load ...9 hours. :)

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
She is still going to school in Kingsville, living there and is about to deliver next month (baby shower over this past weekend). She is enrolled for the fall semester as well, but taking a light load ...9 hours. :) ah thats good to hear. i wish them the best. i hadnt talked to Kelly in ages, and last i saw Mark, him, myself and my father went to the rifle range together.

fury900
08-15-2005, 04:48 PM