PDA

View Full Version : Anahuac Panthers

pantherpop
08-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Really suprised to see Anahuac and Jaspers scrimmage played to a 3 all tie. Does anyone have any information on this. Jasper will again be a force in 3A but I have to wonder now if Anahuac will be the dark horse in their district and move up to the number 2 spot behind WOS in 24 3A. That would leave Hardin-Jefferson, Bridge City, and Hamshire-Fannett battling for the last playoff spot. Anahuac always has talent and every year manage to knock off a top 3A team. Any info on them?

GS#17
08-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I think Anahuac is going to be tough this year. Their QB showed a lot of potential last year and he is returning. If they can replace some key losses and improve in a few areas, they could be a playoff contender.

AggieJohn
08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
while anahuac shows promise, my instinct tells me that anahuac played their hearts out last night while jasper just went to go get the kinks out. i really don't see anahuac doing much this season, myabe getting a playoff spot, but that's about it

WOS1
08-14-2005, 01:56 PM
I think that's pretty accurate AJ. But, Anahuac does have a pretty solid QB coming back.

BHBrave08
08-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I think that's pretty accurate AJ. But, Anahuac does have a pretty solid QB coming back.

I agree. BH plays anahuac on aug. 26th. We can see how they will be possibly in the season then.