PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee / Jasper

jet sweep
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Anyone know how these two teams did yesterday in their scrimmages??

WOS1
08-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Silsbee tied 2-2 vs Nederland

Jasper tied 3-3 vs Anahuac

jet sweep
08-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Silsbee tied 2-2 vs Nederland

Jasper tied 3-3 vs Anahuac

Thanks for the info. Looks like you guys did well.........good luck this season.

WOS1
08-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Thanks... we did look good, but it's real hard to put a lot of stock in these scrimmages.

pantherpop
08-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Liberty plays Silsbee in a couple of weeks. Can anyone from Silsbee tell me how their team this year stacks up against their team they had last year. What I remember about them last year was that they had alot of size on the line and a really athletic receiver.

jet sweep
08-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Liberty plays Silsbee in a couple of weeks. Can anyone from Silsbee tell me how their team this year stacks up against their team they had last year. What I remember about them last year was that they had alot of size on the line and a really athletic receiver.

They will have alot of size on the o-line again this year. The word i hear is that they are loaded in the backfield this year and should be more of a threat on the ground than in the air as they were last year.

pantherpop
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by jet sweep
They will have alot of size on the o-line again this year. The word i hear is that they are loaded in the backfield this year and should be more of a threat on the ground than in the air as they were last year.

Will that receiver be back or did he graduate? He was really good.

WOS1
08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Desmond Doss is who you're wondering about, he graduated last year.

Tiger90
08-14-2005, 05:53 PM
They have 2 qbs to chose from, one who runs and one who throws. They have to settle on one. Also, word is the returning rb may not play the first 2 weeks. They will miss Doss for sure. Lines are big once again.

AggiesAreWe
08-14-2005, 07:37 PM
After watching Silsbee in their scrimmage against Nederland, it is quite obvious that Silsbee has a qb controversy brewing. B.K. Johnson started the scrimmage and produced nothing. He is the better runner of the two but he tends to want to keep the ball more and not distribute it around to the other backs. He doesn't throw as well as the other qb either and Nederland keyed on that and shut him down. Chris Stout, the other qb, started the second first team series and with his mixture of run( him pitching the ball) and passing, he led the Tigers to both their td's, throwing for one td. He is not as fast as Johnson but seems to make better decisions in the veer. We'll see how the next srimmage goes.

Tiger90
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
So is McGallion going to let that rb play or sit him still for 2? I had planned on making the scrimmage but couldn't. I was told they needed him for consistency.....true or false?

AggiesAreWe
08-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Terrance Williams did play sparingly, was told he had a slight leg injury. Don't know about the 2 weeks though, but I expect to see him more in the next scrimmage.