PDA

View Full Version : What I saw with Cuero vs. Lockhart

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Number 1, thanks for the hospitality, Lockhart... I arrived at Lockhart's stadium finding that Cuero was the home team... For some reason or the other, right or wrong, like it or not, it was nice of them...

I watched 4 series... 1st team D and O and 2nd team D and O twice...

#1, I'll say great job to the second units... the O had some good back-ups out there... the D had great ones as well, looked really good...

1st team D:

Very good against the running game, better than last year SO FAR (meaning don't get cocky/confident chubbed_up, keep on pounding)... BTW... nice going 84 when you had to come in for JT, great sack...

First team O:

The running game looked great, even without Latreal taking snaps...

We're Back has an arm, folks, and legs to boot... gunna be great the next couple of years, looks like a great leader as well... his passes were very accurate minus the interception (hope he doesn't mind me saying this), but the ball obviously slipped out of his hands, was a once in a lifetime deal, prolly won't happen again...

But lemme tell you, these guys wanted to hit some folks, they weren't playing any games...

You guys seemed calm, like you were just out there to have fun, but I know when it comes regular season, y'all will be out there to win games as well... but remember to keep having fun...

I was impressed...

SintonFan
08-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Number 1, thanks for the hospitality, Lockhart... I arrived at Lockhart's stadium finding that Cuero was the home team... For some reason or the other, right or wrong, like it or not, it was nice of them...

I watched 4 series... 1st team D and O and 2nd team D and O twice...

#1, I'll say great job to the second units... the O had some good back-ups out there... the D had great ones as well, looked really good...

1st team D:

Very good against the running game, better than last year SO FAR (meaning don't get cocky/confident chubbed_up, keep on pounding)... BTW... nice going 84 when you had to come in for JT, great sack...

First team O:

The running game looked great, even without Latreal taking snaps...

We're Back has an arm, folks, and legs to boot... gunna be great the next couple of years, looks like a great leader as well... his passes were very accurate minus the interception (hope he doesn't mind me saying this), but the ball obviously slipped out of his hands, was a once in a lifetime deal, prolly won't happen again...

But lemme tell you, these guys wanted to hit some folks, they weren't playing any games...

You guys seemed calm, like you were just out there to have fun, but I know when it comes regular season, y'all will be out there to win games as well... but remember to keep having fun...

I was impressed...
Thanks for the report G!:)

gobbler grad
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
sounds like they had a good outing...way to go guys...:clap:

pirate44
08-14-2005, 04:00 PM
thanks Gobbla. nice review

gobbler84
08-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes that was the time of my life last night. Last year I played a little, but this year I never leave the field. AND YES We're Back is no joke, he is a dual threat. Can hurt with legs and arm....Can't wait for season to start!

slyder
08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
the defense is better, which we really need. there were a couple of mistakes in the secondary but i think it was due to being so aggresive. the coaches seemed to correct those problems by the second series. t-fry was really getting into it good job man!

i went to a scrimmage in victoria that morning between a 5a school and 4a school. their teams looked good but i think our scrimmage was more intense and the athletes we have are pretty salty. we look like every player that touches the ball has a chance to break. our receivers came to hit as well as catch theball qb looked real good out there. we have so much depth our back ups are pretty good as well. you can only have 11 out there at once so its hard to start all of our talent. our back up qb is pretty fast too. we can lose at anytime thats why they play the game, but i think we have enough talent to go all the way. our qb reminded me of another one we had in the 90's. if your supposed to get better after each scrimmage we should look pretty good opening day. 84 you look better on the real field than you do on ncaa 06 good job to you and chub who looked like a good leader out there. now all you need is a hair cut

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by slyder
the defense is better, which we really need. there were a couple of mistakes in the secondary but i think it was due to being so aggresive. the coaches seemed to correct those problems by the second series. t-fry was really getting into it good job man!

i went to a scrimmage in victoria that morning between a 5a school and 4a school. their teams looked good but i think our scrimmage was more intense and the athletes we have are pretty salty. we look like every player that touches the ball has a chance to break. our receivers came to hit as well as catch theball qb looked real good out there. we have so much depth our back ups are pretty good as well. you can only have 11 out there at once so its hard to start all of our talent. our back up qb is pretty fast too. we can lose at anytime thats why they play the game, but i think we have enough talent to go all the way. our qb reminded me of another one we had in the 90's. if your supposed to get better after each scrimmage we should look pretty good opening day. 84 you look better on the real field than you do on ncaa 06 good job to you and chub who looked like a good leader out there. now all you need is a hair cut

Haha, there were some shaggy heads out there, weren't there?

I kinda like it, will go well with the throw-back uni's etc...