PDA

View Full Version : UT hires Corrie Hill as assistant softball coach!! :)

Phil C
08-13-2005, 09:09 PM
She has been the head coach at UT-San Antonio the past seven years and has had great success there as they made their first post season appearance last year. USTA has consistently been ranking very high in batting and scoring. She is an offense minded type coach and should fit very well with Coach Connie Clark who is more defense and pitcher minded. This is great news indeed because even though UT has one of the best pitchers ever and probably another great one to be they have had poor results in run support so hopefully Corrie will correct this problem. If so UT could challenge even more strongly for a national championship. Good news indeed!

Old Cardinal
08-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the information. UT gets a lot of the better Texas players. I think that Louisiana Lafayette will the the best team in the nation next season. Finally Texas and Louisiana teams are getting better than California and Arizona--in my opinion.

Phil C
08-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Thanks for the information. UT gets a lot of the better Texas players. I think that Louisiana Lafayette will the the best team in the nation next season. Finally Texas and Louisiana teams are getting better than California and Arizona--in my opinion.

Of course Michigan is now dangerous too Old.

KTJ
08-15-2005, 04:19 PM
U LaLa as the best team in the nation?

Over Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Cal, Michigan, and Tennessee? I don't think so.

Old Cardinal
08-15-2005, 04:42 PM
To KTJ, I really think in a year or two LA-LA will emerge as the best. I guess everyone has the right to an opinion. They have done a good job of recruiting all of LA and a pretty good job of getting premium TX athletes. They now have many younger athletes seeing this school as the place to be in the future of SB.

KTJ
08-15-2005, 04:54 PM
The could be another Bethune-Cookman and surprise everyone. You never know.

The Bethune-Cookman coach is originally from Texas. I hope the new softball hire is a good hitting coach because that's what we need.

KL3
08-15-2005, 05:21 PM
You can add the defending Big XII regular season champs Texas A&M to that list as well. They lost 1 or 2 starters, both of whom were at the bottom of the order, and return their 2 freshman All-Americans. Would have made a deep run last year had it not been for injuries.