PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland, TX a town showing massive improvement on all fronts!

Old Cardinal
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
I went down to see the Indians and the BC Cardinals scrimmage this morning. BC showed to be quite stronger than Cleveland but there is great improvment down there in Indian football and many other things.
Cleveland was kind of known for rough almost unsportsman-like play for a number of years-- this is not true today! They are turning it around down there.
The massive new school system being build is quite impressive and a community pride is prevailent in talking to those nice Indian fans. Some might not realize, but Cleveland will probably be leaving 3A and going 4A next realignment.
Look around Cleveland and they are cleaning and painting the neglected buildings all around town. Crime has been attack and it's becoming a safer place to reside.
Now Cleveland is as racially diverse as you can get and yet they are a fast growing community with a good social balance.
This baloney posted on here that declining enrollment is always caused by "white flight" is just a lame methodology of blaming others for the ills in some school districts! Some school district residing folks just will not admit their attitude of blaming others is inaccurate. The real cause of the enrollment declines?--they themselves ultimately are the culprits!
People just want to have their kids in a school district that is safe and not having a crackhouse on every block to entice their youth to go bad.
Good law enforcement in the community and zero-tolerence toward coersion and crime at the local school system and in some cases a changed attitude by some parents-- who blame all others--can go far in turning a community around.
Congratulations to the folks from Cleveland, TX: a growing, positive, contributing town with an educational and industrious-minded incipient emerging "can-do attitude"!
The Indians will do OK this year but will struggle in 4A the next year until they can re-set their gyroscopes at that level of play.
As far as BC, they looked very good. It was funny, it looked like an All-District backfield running behind a puny JV line. LOL. Dale Armand was out with a short term injury but was amply replaced by an extremely short but extra powerful powerlifter named Cody Roberts. A kid named Fisette also looked good as a alternate newcomer in the backfield.

Again congratulations to the youth and parents of Cleveland: you really seem to have it going for you at the present time.

AggieJohn
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
well i'm glad to know that they are doing better

Hupernikomen
08-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't forget to add that their superintendent just bailed after they again were rated academically unaccepatble. Residing in a neighboring district to cleveland I certainly am not foolish enough to think people aren't moving into surround districts as a result of their woes.

Their freshmen football team has a total of 15 players and the J.V. isn't much bigger. New coach is trying to crack down and straighten the program up. Same story second verse..last coach tried to do the same. Hope to see them turn it around though.

As far as them moving up to 4A is still up the air, might depend on how the state makes you count alternative students etc.

West22
08-13-2005, 06:29 PM
THE COACH THAT IS THERE WAS AT OUR 2A SCHOOL A FEW YEARS BACK.HE TOOK US TO THE SEMIFINALS WHERE WE LOST TO GOLDWAITH, THE EVENTUAL STATE CHAMP .HE IS A GREAT COACH SO WITH TIME HE WILL TURN THE PROGRAM AROUND .

West22
08-13-2005, 06:34 PM
OLD CARDINAL,Good post on the schools taking personal responsibility rather than blaming people for moving their kids to safe enviroment .You hit it right on the head.

Hupernikomen
08-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by West22
THE COACH THAT IS THERE WAS AT OUR 2A SCHOOL A FEW YEARS BACK.HE TOOK US TO THE SEMIFINALS WHERE WE LOST TO GOLDWAITH, THE EVENTUAL STATE CHAMP .HE IS A GREAT COACH SO WITH TIME HE WILL TURN THE PROGRAM AROUND .

Tough job to turn around but if someone can get it done they will have a force to be reckoned with. No too many years ago when Cleveland was preseason #1 and played like it.

NHSRattler60
08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Cleveland @ Navasota next friday. I'll be there.

eagle.eyes
08-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Old Card, you crack me up...Must have been in Cleveland, Ohio

WOS1
08-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Old Fart, your perceptioin of reality is no broader than the end of your nose and only logical in your own mind. Just like most old farts I know... Quit trying to pump up a community which you know absolutely nothing about and can't even think about knowing after a 2 hour visit in an attempt to justify your own "white flight". Your motives are as transparent as you are.

Old Cardinal
08-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I am sorry WOS 1, but your ability to blame everyone else for your ills is what is really quite transparent. Grow up, get involved with supporting your law enforcement, buy a paint brush, get involved in raising your own educational & socio-economic status. Take a course in economics, quite looking for every government handout. Help raise yourself by your own bootstraps. Embrace and participate in the great American dream: it is open for all Americans who have developed positive vision. It is not others fault that you find yourself in a dilemma of your own making! LOL

pantherpop
08-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Not to take sides in this but the community of Cleveland has a long way to go. I pass through there all the time and I can see some improvement but the parents there need to get more involved than they are now. I've been around alot of their youth athletic programs and I see their main problem is the majority of coaches they have are just terrible. I don't mean everyone of them and I praise the ones that are there to help but like I said some of them are just bad news. The crime problem is still there and if you don't believe it take a chance and walk around the old school area after dark if you've got the nerve. There are alot of good people in the Cleveland area but they have alot of hard work ahead of them. The lack of turnout in athletics is due mostly to lazziness. Parents wake up and get your child involved in something meaningful. The band in Cleveland is a real treat to watch. Usually at halftime I go downstairs and mingle with the crowd but if you get the chance to see their band you've got to do it. They are really something. Alot of good athletes in Cleveland but the faculty and most of all the kids and parents need to get involved.

AggieJohn
08-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Cleveland @ Navasota next friday. I'll be there.
man that's a trip

WOS1
08-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am sorry WOS 1, but your ability to blame everyone else for your ills is what is really quite transparent. Grow up, get involved with supporting your law enforcement, buy a paint brush, get involved in raising your own educational & socio-economic status. Take a course in economics, quite looking for every government handout. Help raise yourself by your own bootstraps. Embrace and participate in the great American dream: it is open for all Americans who have developed positive vision. It is not others fault that you find yourself in a dilemma of your own making! LOL

Once again your arrogance shines through. As a matter of fact, I do very well there old fart. West Orange Stark prepared me very well for my college degree (do you have one of those?) and my job at which I've been at for the last 14 years. I also spend every Sunday and one football camp a year with the kids in this community. When I am at the school (watching my daughter that still goes to school there), many of the kids will come up to me and shake my hand. Can you say the same? Yes Old Fart, I do quite a bit for my community, can you say the same? No you can't, in fact, the community you grew up in is the same one that you now shun. That's absolutely disgusting and I think it says volumes about your character.

Take a course in economics, quite looking for every government handout.

Typical redneck mentality, I guess everyone from that community is that way, huh Old Fart? What about you?

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I believe the last time Goldwaith won state was like 10 years ago, right west? Though it's more than 3, 'a few years ago' makes it sound almost like yesterday...

gato 76
08-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Looks like Archie Bunker moved to Bridge City.I think you meant well,but it came out like Archie Bunker.

WOS1
08-14-2005, 03:33 PM
OC never means well, he plays the confused old guy with good intentions card to a T. He actually gets a little sympathy thrown at him here and there, he just sucks them right on in.

BHBrave08
08-15-2005, 06:14 PM
I told yall. Cleveland will be the dark horse in district 23 this year.

West22
08-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Gobbla it was about 10 years ago when goldwaith won state .They beat us in the semifinals .Our head coach who now is at cleveland ,went to trinity the next year.He did a good job here and took us to playoffs several years in a row .

WOS92
08-15-2005, 07:45 PM
OC does sound a bit like a bigot - especially in his response to WOS1. It's funny how some arrogant and uneducated know-it-alls think they can judge someone simply by his or her screen name. It's hard to ignore that he's representing a school and city that, although bordered on either side by schools with 50/50 white/black populations, has not a single black student. I'm sure that the black population in BC can be counted on two hands as well. I'm not accusing the city of anything, but it's interesting to read a post such as his considering his surroundings.

I know WOS1, and OC's idiotic and pretentious little rant is really funny when I think about applying it to WOS1. Get a clue.

j_dog
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
OC never means well, he plays the confused old guy with good intentions card to a T. He actually gets a little sympathy thrown at him here and there, he just sucks them right on in.
lol :D

pantherpop
08-16-2005, 05:55 AM
Cleveland varsity suited up less than 25 players and their High School was rated unacceptable in a report I heard on the radio yesterday. Maybe they do have a ways to go.

Old Cardinal
08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
You know WOS 92, your calling me a bigot is just standard fare for your small group which includes XMan and WOS 1. You folks have accused nearly everyone in Orange County of creating the problems that lay within the confines of your school District.
We all have some problems to deal with; however, you always want to blame others. Your mode of operation is that anyone that will not accept your attacks as truth then automatically can be branded a bigot.
With a Master of Science Degree I feel that somehow I am somewhat educated. I have worked for decades in prison ministry and have helped both black and white releasees in job placements upon their release.
Just because I think that by your accusing attitude of others that you are prime contributors to the crime and violence in your area-- does not make me a bigot. The fact that I will not accept the attack that it is mine or any others outside your school district that is causing a plunge toward 2A status also does not make me a bigot.
Take responsibility and then you have a real chance to make good things happen.
The WO-S area has some great folks: you three could learn a lot from some of your local people who are actually trying to deal with tap root problems.

P.S. I will say this, I have warned many younger people that are being released back into the Orange area to stay out of the crackhouse districts say around the Cove area if they want a shot at making it out in the "free world". Going back into a bad environment makes it harder to turn your life around.

pancho villa
08-16-2005, 10:58 AM
How come WOS has gone from 5A to 3A, why are all the people leaving?

AggieJohn
08-16-2005, 12:20 PM
they are going to bridge city, that place is expanding big time i hear

duckbutter
08-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually they are moving to Orangefield, Bridge City and north of I10 to LCM. I too see WOS dropping into 2a or merging with LCM. :(

NHSRattler60
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I'll Tell you what, Here's what I'm going to do.

This saturday the Cleveland vs. Navasota scrimmage is in Navasota. According to some of the Marlin guys Navasota has a better team than even I thought they would have.

I'll go to that Scrimmage before I move in. I played Cleveland last year.

If they got better, I will let you know. I'm an Unbiased 3rd party.

Etexpirate
08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
You know OC...there are worse things in life than being a bigot...
You could be from WO??:p

wos fan1
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
:tongue: :tongue:

Etexpirate
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
:inlove:

Old Cardinal
08-16-2005, 06:16 PM
I did not say they had "arrived" yet. But I did see a very positive Coach trying to rein in a few--loose cannons. I really don't expect you to see total change just yet; however, by District time they will be a better team. It takes even a great new Coach like they have been fortunate to get at Cleveland: to get a team hitting on all cylinders, say like a Newton #1 rated team. I see the Indians as a turnaround team in the making--how fast it happens is important allright but more important for them it looks like they have turned the corner--so to speak!

Old Cardinal
08-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Gal, you crack me up! Evidently a lot of folks are "bigots in the making" in Orange County judging from the For Sale signs over that way.LOL.
Back before WO-S was formed-- they were two separate HS schools--The Lutcher Stark Tigers of Orange and the West Orange Chiefs. They at that time even as two schools both had bigger individual enrollments than did Bridge City. We use to kick their butts on a regular basis until they merged and had a much bigger joint enrollment.

WOS92
08-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I see what you guys mean about OC now. :rolleyes:

WOS92
08-16-2005, 09:25 PM

WOS1
08-16-2005, 10:18 PM
The WO-S area has some great folks: you three could learn a lot from some of your local people who are actually trying to deal with tap root problems.

We are trying to attack the "tap root" problems, as I said earlier, it's racism Mr. man of the cloth. If you are who you say you are, I would think you would not be ignorant to the ill's of our society. You keep trying to make this an Orange problem, but the same thing is happening all over the United States. It's a society problem. The fact that YOU, YES YOU, a man who is supposed to devote his life to the community would actually try to blame a single educational entity is appalling. I wish you would go to this school and tell these teachers (many of whom are my firends) who literally kill themselves to better this community that they are to blame... You're a freakin joke and a fraud, Im done with you...

WOS92
08-16-2005, 10:23 PM
We were told a long time ago from most of the longtime posters here that OC was a head case. I think we're just learning to listen, WOS1.

exbccards76'smom
08-17-2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS92

Come on guys, That's water under the bridge. Let's let sleeping dogs lie. Every school has their problem children. I am not defending OC or anybody else. Let's just stick to football.

WOS92
08-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry, mom, but OC pulled us way off of football when he started this WO bashing, so I figured turnabout was fair play. I realize he doesn't represent 99.999 percent of BC posters, so I'll leave it alone.

LH Panther Mom
08-17-2005, 06:39 AM
This thread is getting out of hand & is now closed.