PDA

View Full Version : TexasHSFootball 3A PreSeason Top 40!!

Ranger Mom
08-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I am loving this!! (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/class3apretop40.htm)

44INAROW
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I'd say the Downlow is represented nicely in that poll :clap: I like the format of that poll too! Easy to read :D

Ranger Mom
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Sweetwater #1 and Cuero #2......besides Greenwood, Sweetwater has always been one of my favorites!

Cuero has recently climbed up in my affection too!!;)

Ranger Mom
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'd say the Downlow is represented nicely in that poll :clap: I like the format of that poll too! Easy to read :D

and each team is represented in their school colors too!!

Good job Chris!

44INAROW
08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
and each team is represented in their school colors too!!

Good job Chris!

that is neat too....... yes Chris, Nice job :)

Phantom Stang
08-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Wow!!! Sweetwater IS #1!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pmoney
08-12-2005, 07:25 PM
SWEETWATER #1????? wat were they thinkin:foul: :flamingma

HighSchool Fan
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney

i think he hit the bottle a little hard

sicem74
08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
cool cameron #10 but dont let polls get to your head every one its just opinions!

HighSchool Fan
08-12-2005, 08:01 PM
after reading that list again, i was almost looking for whitesboro somewhere on there.

Phantom Stang
08-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
dont let polls get to your head every one its just opinions!
I agree 100 percent!;) and while I like to see Sweetwater getting respect, the #1 ranking does make me a little nervous.

ILS1
08-12-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm not bashing any specific team but Pre-Season polls are like noses.............everyone has one!!! The one that counts is the one in December!!!

:D :D

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
# 3! :eek: :eek: :clap:

Phantom Stang
08-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Polls may be worthless, but.....
Seeing a Snyder fan's reaction is PRICELESS!!!:devil: :D :evillaugh

Gobbla2001
08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
After looking at the list, I have to say that he did a good job..

Sweetwater #1? Heck, why not?

They're a 'safe' pick... They'll either dominate everyone they play, or dominate a little and get upset during the playoffs (which usually happens to everyone preseason #1 anyway)...

Great picks overall... nice deal having it 'color-coated'...

Heck, someone out of the 180+ has to be number 1 through 40...

what's the grip with ANY ranking? they're all good...

Just think, two AND 3 years ago we were seeing 'burnet burnet burnet'... and we 'agreed agreed agreed'...

Maybe he's on to something here?

NHSRattler60
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
No I think chris hit the nail on the head. The top 5 all pretty much deserve to be in the top 5. He puts alot of research into his polls. Good Job Chris.

JettJenkins04
08-12-2005, 10:35 PM
looks pretty good to me. Would of thought Rice CISD would have been in the mix of things, but I understood why they were'nt.

SintonFan
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Sweetwater #1 and Cuero #2......besides Greenwood, Sweetwater has always been one of my favorites!

Cuero has recently climbed up in my affection too!!;)
Us folks in Sinton might get a little jealous with that last statement.:( :eek: :(

Ranger Mom
08-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Us folks in Sinton might get a little jealous with that last statement.:( :eek: :(

No need to be, you know yall are right there too!:inlove: :kiss:

Old Green
08-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Chris picks look good to me. I see 3A this year with an abundance of talent spread through out the state with all the teams.

SintonFan
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
No need to be, you know yall are right there too!:inlove: :kiss:
LOL!:D

SnyTigBaseB07
08-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Snyder may be ranked 6th but when its comes down to it even without Dee this year we'll still be able to roll over Sweetwater without a doubt!

NHSRattler60
08-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Prove it.

garageoffice
08-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
after reading that list again, i was almost looking for whitesboro somewhere on there.

Keep beatin' that drum HighSchool Fan! Eventually, even a blind pig finds an acorn.

Do they still have the longest streak in the state without a playoff appearance?

lobo12
08-13-2005, 12:06 AM
good luck rolling over sweetwater much less beating them, im sure the football players love you coming on here making promises like that one

Ranger Mom
08-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Snyder may be ranked 6th but when its comes down to it even without Dee this year we'll still be able to roll over Sweetwater without a doubt!

Wow.....that's a heck of first post!

It should be very interesting with you on the board!!

Welcome!

WOS92
08-13-2005, 12:20 AM
I think the rankings look pretty good, but where did he get the "top returning defensive player" for each team? Was it a random senior? Our listed player is Jeremy Lynch, who is pretty good alright. But our senior CB, Kenneth "Deion" Beasley, is considered by many to be the top cornerback prospect in the state.
I'm just curious.

TexasHSFootball
08-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
I think the rankings look pretty good, but where did he get the "top returning defensive player" for each team? Was it a random senior? Our listed player is Jeremy Lynch, who is pretty good alright. But our senior CB, Kenneth "Deion" Beasley, is considered by many to be the top cornerback prospect in the state.
I'm just curious.

honest minor mistake... its been fixed ;)

SnyTigBaseB07
08-13-2005, 01:53 AM
well im confident cause ive been watching our practices and even though i am biased cause im a snyder fan, i still think that we've got the players who are gonna step up and show that even without dee and the others we lost that we are just as capable of winning We still have Matt Reigh, Dustyn Williams, Eric Martinez, Garrett Pinson and a couple of new runningbacks that havent been seen much. Well we'll see, we havent gotten schedules yet, but im sure it wont be long until we play sweetwater, im just interested in who was picked for homecoming...hopefully not Levelland again...no offense levelland fans just last year was kinda one sided(but basically dee did most of the damage, so i dunno how'd it go this year.)

HighSchool Fan
08-13-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Keep beatin' that drum HighSchool Fan! Eventually, even a blind pig finds an acorn.

Do they still have the longest streak in the state without a playoff appearance?

longest streak in the state without a playoff apperance?? YES!!! never in their exsistance have they been in the playoffs. not enough talent over, the only away they make the playoffs is if Pilot Point or Bowie stumbles and falls.

MARLINDOGS
08-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Good luck to all the teams.

Tiger90
08-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Only poll I seen where my Tigers are not ranked. :tongue:

garageoffice
08-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
longest streak in the state without a playoff apperance?? YES!!! never in their exsistance have they been in the playoffs. not enough talent over, the only away they make the playoffs is if Pilot Point or Bowie stumbles and falls.

I remember well...I grew up in Collinsville (class of '83) and I remember Whitesboro having a group of kids that went undefeated from 7th thru 9th, but when they got to varsity they disappeared!

Now I'm in Kennedale and the JH AD is from Whitesboro (class of '81) and we've had some interesting conversations on the topic. It's really a shame when you think about it...here's a team that, even though three teams go to the playoffs now, STILL has never made it. I feel sorry for the kids!

HighSchool Fan
08-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by garageoffice
I remember well...I grew up in Collinsville (class of '83)

you probably know my best friends in-laws family, they grew up in collinsville. do you know remember any of the Lewis's? the mother is a teacher.

AggiesAreWe
08-14-2005, 07:52 PM
A 3A top 40 poll that does not include Silsbee???? I could understand a top 10, maybe a top 20 not including them, but a top 40??? This poll is a farce.

pantherpop
08-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
A 3A top 40 poll that does not include Silsbee???? I could understand a top 10, maybe a top 20 not including them, but a top 40??? This poll is a farce.

I have to agree, this poll is really out there. Silsbee should be there as well as Huffman-Hargraves.

sinton66
08-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Chris is entitled to his opinion. I don't agree with every pick he made, but he has a right to publish what he thinks.

What might be cool if all downlowers could come up with their own list for who they believe will make the final sixteen in both divisions. Then, do a composite for their own rankings.

Would be interseting to see who's preseason opinion is most accurate when the season's done. Anybody up for it?

tigers den
08-14-2005, 09:27 PM

Couldn't agree more!! Remember this poll come December and we'll all share a laugh. Kirbyville ranked and not Silsbee....give me a break!!

footballgal
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
As usual no love for my Tarpons, even though the Tarpons are young, there is alot of talented players that are waiting to write their own chapter in the Tarpon Football history book. With a bevy of running backs and now a passing game, plus the Tarpons Seawall D, Tarpons will earn their way up the polls, as the season progresses.

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 10:46 PM
So why should Silsbee be ranked in his top 40???

I don't care if Silsbee beat Jasper or not, Jasper got to the state finals, y'all didn't get past the first round...

I don't care if Silsbee played Palestine or Palacios, they lost by 25 points, not 1 or 2 or 3... Heck, not even 14...

Silsbee wasn't in the final 48 teams left in the playoffs last year, and you expect them to be a 'gimme' for this year's top 40?

Personally I'd atleast have Silsbee ranked in the top 15 of my poll, but Chris didn't...

Just because you were a 4a dormat once upon a time does not give you the right to be in the top 40 of this 3A poll...

Now if you had gone atleast 2 or 3 rounds and were returning the house, I'd agree with you...

But until you pop out some 'why Silsbee should be in the top 40' instead of this 'boo-hoo' parade y'all are going on, don't expect anyone to take you seriously...

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 10:48 PM
BTW, I have no problem with Silsbee...

just don't like seeing people get all bent out of shape over someone's rankings without giving reason...

Ranger Mom
08-14-2005, 10:48 PM
Not trying to be rude or anything...but who is Silsbee?

What region?

Gobbla2001
08-14-2005, 10:49 PM

What region?

Region 3.... in Jasper's district, just dropped down from 4A last season... which is why we should bow down to them :rolleyes:

SilsbeeD
08-15-2005, 12:14 AM
simmer down gobbla2001 jeez....sounds like you got your pantys all up in a knot :D

Pball
08-15-2005, 07:33 AM

What region?

Silsbee went undefeated last year in their district. They are a good team and I would definitely rate them in the top 40. It really doesn't matter though because in a few weeks all of these polls will start changing.

jet sweep
08-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
So why should Silsbee be ranked in his top 40???

I don't care if Silsbee beat Jasper or not, Jasper got to the state finals, y'all didn't get past the first round...

I don't care if Silsbee played Palestine or Palacios, they lost by 25 points, not 1 or 2 or 3... Heck, not even 14...

Silsbee wasn't in the final 48 teams left in the playoffs last year, and you expect them to be a 'gimme' for this year's top 40?

Personally I'd atleast have Silsbee ranked in the top 15 of my poll, but Chris didn't...

Just because you were a 4a dormat once upon a time does not give you the right to be in the top 40 of this 3A poll...

Now if you had gone atleast 2 or 3 rounds and were returning the house, I'd agree with you...

But until you pop out some 'why Silsbee should be in the top 40' instead of this 'boo-hoo' parade y'all are going on, don't expect anyone to take you seriously...

This is a pretty decent board until someone like you gets on here and shows their cowardness. 4a dormat?? State quarterfinalists in 98, state playoffs 99, 01...yea they were down in 02 and 03, but Silsbee has a strong tradition in all A's of football. Just hope ya'll don't face them. And hey.....got get a life bud.

44INAROW
08-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by jet sweep
This is a pretty decent board until someone like you gets on here and shows their cowardness. 4a dormat?? State quarterfinalists in 98, state playoffs 99, 01...yea they were down in 02 and 03, but Silsbee has a strong tradition in all A's of football. Just hope ya'll don't face them. And hey.....got get a life bud.

Well good morning to you too :rolleyes:

sinton66
08-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Every realignment, we get a new batch of drop-downs from 4A. The pollmakers seem to always give them a lot of credit for things they haven't accomplished yet in 3A along with predictions they will run roughshod over the teams in 3A. History, on the other hand, generally proves that assumption to be incorrect. The plain truth is there is very little difference between the bottom rung of 4A and the top rung of 3A. 3A is one of the most competative divisions in high school ball. No one's saying the drop downs aren't good. We're just saying don't be surprized if your new 3A opponents turn out tougher to beat than you might be led to believe.

spiveyrat
08-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Region 3.... in Jasper's district, just dropped down from 4A last season... which is why we should bow down to them :rolleyes:

That almost sounded like a back-door shot at Jasper. :thinking: :mad:

:D

TexasHSFootball
08-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Why Silsbee is not in the Top 40...

Jasper will destroy them unlike last season
Kirbyville is a much improved team, will get 2nd in the district
Unproven youth on offensive line
Lunchmeat for Palestine in round 1

no knock on the Tigers, but what what you done lately other than win a district title last season?

Split Back Veer
08-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Why Silsbee is not in the Top 40...

Jasper will destroy them unlike last season
Kirbyville is a much improved team, will get 2nd in the district
Unproven youth on offensive line
Lunchmeat for Palestine in round 1

no knock on the Tigers, but what what you done lately other than win a district title last season?

Unproven youth on the offensive line.............. we have 3 out of the 5 back with an average of 270. You sound like your nothing but a stat boy ........someone who looks up returners , records, etc...Your entitled to your opinion , but at least make it a legit one. Quit lookin in the stats and check out the teams before you make assumptions.

TexasHSFootball
08-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Split Back Veer
Unproven youth on the offensive line.............. we have 3 out of the 5 back with an average of 270. You sound like your nothing but a stat boy ........someone who looks up returners , records, etc...Your entitled to your opinion , but at least make it a legit one. Quit lookin in the stats and check out the teams before you make assumptions.

I am aware of the 270 average. Just because you have three guys at 270 back on the line does not mean you will dominate. :rolleyes: I just don't see Silsbee getting past an improved Jasper squad or an improved Kirbyville team or getting out of the first round against Palestine.

Split Back Veer
08-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
I am aware of the 270 average. Just because you have three guys at 270 back on the line does not mean you will dominate. :rolleyes: I just don't see Silsbee getting past an improved Jasper squad or an improved Kirbyville team or getting out of the first round against Palestine.

You say unproven but last year we averaged over 300yds rushing, get the facts straight buddy. And i want you to tell me how kirbyville is improved without lookin in the books?

mustang04
08-15-2005, 10:50 AM
well..im in shock, i think its awesome that he has Sweetwater ranked #1, cuz in my opinion sweetwater has been a top 5 team at least the past 4 years, just had unlucky breaks in the playoffs, anyways i just wish they were #5 instead of one, that way none of the players heads get to high in the clouds....the higher you stand, the easier it is for someone to come along and knock the legs from under ya

BTW, Snyder isnt going to 'roll over' sweetwater, if, that is IF they even beat them, much less even hang w/ them

spiveyrat
08-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Personally, I think Silsbee beats K'ville again this year.

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:05 PM
wow, Sinton all the way down near the bottom. Did they really lose that many of their starters and whatnot this year? theres gotta be a reason theyre ranked so low.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
wow, Sinton all the way down near the bottom. Did they really lose that many of their starters and whatnot this year? theres gotta be a reason theyre ranked so low. We are replacing the entire O-line, that was a BIG loss. :( Time will tell.

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We are replacing the entire O-line, that was a BIG loss. :( Time will tell. rgrgr, yeah, i was wondering! The Pirates always find a way to make things happen, they have alot of depth, they will be fine.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm hoping by district they'll have found their "groove". :)

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm hoping by district they'll have found their "groove". :) they always seem to, and who in district can even give them a run? Ingleside lost Webb, which was a GIANT part of their offense. can they adjust? AP still has Tringali, who i believe.....is a serious dual threat....as long as he can get some blocking up front...will he get it? then there's Goliad....i really dont know much about them.....they can be the dark horse this year. Dont know what to really expect outa them though...they give Sinton a scare, then drop one to Ingleside like 40-7 or some crap.....so who knows w/ them.....and Mathis....Mathis is Mathis.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:35 PM
they always seem to, and who in district can even give them a run? Ingleside lost Webb, which was a GIANT part of their offense. can they adjust? AP still has Tringali, who i believe.....is a serious dual threat....as long as he can get some blocking up front...will he get it? then there's Goliad....i really dont know much about them.....they can be the dark horse this year. Dont know what to really expect outa them though...they give Sinton a scare, then drop one to Ingleside like 40-7 or some crap.....so who knows w/ them.....and Mathis....Mathis is Mathis. All true. Goliad is the dark horse I think. Still should be a good game b/w Sinton & Ingleside espeically with all the, "home town coach returning" ... blah, blah, blah... :D

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:38 PM
All true. Goliad is the dark horse I think. Still should be a good game b/w Sinton & Ingleside espeically with all the, "home town coach returning" ... blah, blah, blah... :D LOL...yeah. Yup, gotta watch out for Goliad. I think Ingleside will play Sinton hard, but it will come down to the same thing as last year in the end. Sinton will have twice as many players on the sidelines and will tire Ingleside out as they have several that play both sides of the ball, and then go for the kill. I have been told Ingleside's conditioning and training is better this year and the kids are in better shape...but that still doesnt account for Sinton's superior numbers and depth on the sidelines. Sinton wins 30-3A untouched but also fairly untested.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:41 PM
LOL...yeah. Yup, gotta watch out for Goliad. I think Ingleside will play Sinton hard, but it will come down to the same thing as last year in the end. Sinton will have twice as many players on the sidelines and will tire Ingleside out as they have several that play both sides of the ball, and then go for the kill. I have been told Ingleside's conditioning and training is better this year and the kids are in better shape...but that still doesnt account for Sinton's superior numbers and depth on the sidelines. Sinton wins 30-3A untouched but also fairly untested. I guess we'll get a better "gauge" (hopefully) against Cuero in week 4. I wish we'd go right into district after that game, but we've gotta play Orange Grove.

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:42 PM
I guess we'll get a better "guage" (hopefully) against Cuero in week 4. I wish we'd go right into district after that game, but we've gotta play Orange Grove. Orange Grove....poor bastages...they seem to be the area's sacrificial lamb every year...they start their season every year against Sinton, Ingleside, etc. who all DESTROY them.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Orange Grove....poor bastages...they seem to be the area's sacrificial lamb every year...they start their season every year against Sinton, Ingleside, etc. who all DESTROY them. lol - It prepares them for their district. ;) :D

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
lol - It prepares them for their district. ;) :D LOL...those poor kids....and i forgot yall played Cuero...that will be a test, i retract my previous statement about not being tested this year.

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:45 PM
LOL...those poor kids....and i forgot yall played Cuero...that will be a test, i retract my previous statement about not being tested this year. Yep, and we have GP our 2nd game. I don't know...I've been hearing some rumblings out of Taft...you'd think they have a secret weapon we didn't find, er...locked away somewhere. :D

IHStangFan
08-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Yep, and we have GP our 2nd game. I don't know...I've been hearing some rumblings out of Taft...you'd think they have a secret weapon we didn't find, er...locked away somewhere. :D LOL...that seems to be the news on the wire...Taft might make some noise this year. ALSO...GP....i'd love for yall to smack them around...from what i hear, they may have lost a step or 3 this year. hey...lets start a new thread....move all this over there.... a 30-3A thread or something??

pirate4state
08-15-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL...that seems to be the news on the wire...Taft might make some noise this year. ALSO...GP....i'd love for yall to smack them around...from what i hear, they may have lost a step or 3 this year. hey...lets start a new thread....move all this over there.... a 30-3A thread or something?? Knocking Gp around would be our pleasure...sure would be fun since we'll be home. :)

I'll let you start the 30-3A thread...

Gobbla2001
08-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
That almost sounded like a back-door shot at Jasper. :thinking: :mad:

:D

No sir...

Backdoor shot at everyone who picked Jasper to win it all and WO-S to win it all their first year in 3A...

I like both of these teams, and liked silsbee until I saw some crying over a poll...

SilsbeeD
08-15-2005, 05:18 PM
ok you see one person so you judge the whole town of silsbee? hmmm :thinking:

Gobbla2001
08-15-2005, 05:32 PM

Gimme 1 reason, a legit reason btw, that my response made me seem like a 'coward'...

And yeah, I said 4A doormat, and I also said once upon a time, not ALL of the time... but since you were down in '02 AND '03, I'll go ahead and say 'twice upon a time'... happy now?

Like I said, I'd personally have Silsbee in my own top 15 atleast...

But the points I presented have still not be answered...

Why do you expect to be in a preseason top 40 poll when you didn't even finish in the final 48 teams in 3A last year and were blown out of the first round (I don't really expect to see an answer, but it'd be pretty nice)

Personally, I do not see why anyone outside of Cuero would put Cuero in the top 20, so if Cuero wasn't in his top 40, I wouldn't be upset, I'd say to myself 'ha, it'll be funny when we finish better than that', but I wouldn't go grabbing the nearest mic and box of tissues...

As for hoping Cuero doesn't face Silsbee... you may be right... because right now these boys only wanna face the best there is, and if Silsbee's not it, that'd be a major disapointment...

And to the other guy, of course Chris just goes off of stats/returning starters etc... Do you expect him to see EVERY team play every year or something?

HE ranks 5A - 1A and does other stuff... may not be the best out there, but it beats the hell outta what you're presenting us with...

Long live anyone who has the you-knows to fork out dough for a website and post their opinions on it for cry-babies to kill themselves over...

And if it were not for 'someone like me' getting on this board... wait, it may not even be here seeing how I came up with the name and half of the idea...

Gobbla2001
08-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
ok you see one person so you judge the whole town of silsbee? hmmm :thinking: \

I didn't judge the whole town... c'mon now...

I'm talking about their team... and in a state so big, I like teams whose posters I like...

I've know of 3 posters from Silsbee right now, 1 says this guy's poll is farce, the other agrees, and the other tells me to chill out...

Not making it easy for me...

SilsbeeD
08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
honestly i could care less about rankings or who ranks where ever. Im not bashing this chris guy at all i think he has a good site and i look at it almost every day. I think this will be my last post on these boards. Too much drama for me but what can you expect out of football forums. Gl to everyone here this football season i may post after football season.

Gobbla2001
08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
honestly i could care less about rankings or who ranks where ever. Im not bashing this chris guy at all i think he has a good site and i look at it almost every day. I think this will be my last post on these boards. Too much drama for me but what can you expect out of football forums. Gl to everyone here this football season i may post after football season.

:eek:

Whoa, dude...

You gunna let one guy make you run off?

SilsbeeD
08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
no not at all im not a big fan of posting on forums plus i am a player and i dont want to make post during the season but i will still look at these boards just not post

I dont get what ya mean one guy make me run off who?

Gobbla2001
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
no not at all im not a big fan of posting on forums plus i am a player and i dont want to make post during the season but i will still look at these boards just not post

I dont get what ya mean one guy make me run off who?

Well you're a good kid then... these boards can be a distraction to players I know...

What I meant by one guy make you run off is that I figured I was the only causing this drama you speak of...

Anyway, have fun this season and good luck!!!

BHBrave08
08-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Looks good to me for the most part.

:thinking:But Sweetwater #1???

AggiesAreWe
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Yes, everyone has a right to their own opinion and to make their own poll, no problem with that. I just think that Silsbee, with the kind of talent and coaching staff they have, they are a top 40 3A program. Personaly, I wouldn't put them in the top 20, we need to accomplish more, but top 40 for sure. Yes, we did get beat in the first round by Palestine( made it to semis) but not making the final 48 teams does not mean your not as good as them. Back in my days, only the district champ went to the playoffs and I can imagine how many real good teams got left out but depending on your district some weaker teams advanced. I can recall 3 of the top 10 in the state one year being in the same district yet only 1 went to playoffs. All I'm saying is, Silsbee is worthy of a top 40 in anybody's poll. I guess we'll see later this season after we win district again.

Tiger90
08-15-2005, 09:00 PM
I agree. All I was saying is this poll was the only poll without Silsbee ranked. Some people need to obviously get over themselves. The rationale given of getting beat by Palestine, a very good team, was weak. I do hope we start strong this year. Week 1 has a good Liberty team. It should be a good game. They may beat the Tigers. After that there really isn't too much till Jasper in week 10.

j_dog
08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
..... All I'm saying is, Silsbee is worthy of a top 40 in anybody's poll. I guess we'll see later this season after we win district again.
I agree that Silsbee should be a ranked team. Don't know about that winning District though! :D KV is going to be after you folks. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Yep, and we have GP our 2nd game. I don't know...I've been hearing some rumblings out of Taft...you'd think they have a secret weapon we didn't find, er...locked away somewhere. :D

:thinking: hmm taft's secret weapon i know what it is They Got A tunnel like Sinton's :D :D

gobblerfan02
08-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe Back in my days, only the district champ went to the playoffs and I can imagine how many real good teams got left out but depending on your district some weaker teams advanced. I can recall 3 of the top 10 in the state one year being in the same district yet only 1 went to playoffs. [/B]

Would that happen to have been the district Cuero might have been in.....I know that season three teams were 4-1 in district, Cuero, Gonzales, and someone else, had a coin toss, Cuero won and then went on to win state.....as history goes I guess!

AggiesAreWe
08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Actually, the year I was refering to was 1977, when in 3A, which is 4A now, Silsbee, Beaumont Hebert, and Jasper were ranked, but only Silsbee advanced by winning district. But, I know there were other years, including the one you mentioned, that had other ranked teams but did not go to the playoffs because of the district champ only advancing. To say that not making the final 48 teams last year is the reason for not being ranked in the top 40 this year is weak. Having 2 divisions kind of distorts the theory. Whose to say if Jasper was the big school in our district, would they have beaten Palestine? We'll never know.

Old Green
08-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Would that happen to have been the district Cuero might have been in.....I know that season three teams were 4-1 in district, Cuero, Gonzales, and someone else, had a coin toss, Cuero won and then went on to win state.....as history goes I guess! It was 1970. Cuero, Samuel Clemens, and Floresville tied 4-1 in district. Cuero lost in the State Finals to Brownwood 14-0.

SINTON81
08-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:thinking: hmm taft's secret weapon i know what it is They Got A tunnel like Sinton's :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good one.

gobblerfan02
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
It was 1970. Cuero, Samuel Clemens, and Floresville tied 4-1 in district. Cuero lost in the State Finals to Brownwood 14-0.

Thanks Old Green, I knew someone would come out with the answer....I just didn't know the year or other teams tho!

TheDOCTORdre
08-16-2005, 11:57 AM
I gotta give love for my boys fromm the Sweet H2O, they really have a talented bunch this year, but even I was a little shocked when I saw them at #1. Should be fun to see how my boys end the season

spiveyrat
08-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Whose to say if Jasper was the big school in our district, would they have beaten Palestine?

Probably. :evilgrin:

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 12:20 PM
To say that not making the final 48 teams last year is the reason for not being ranked in the top 40 this year is weak.

I agree...

But I didn't say that, I said 'what makes you expect to be in the top 40 when you didn't finish in the top 48 teams'...

Dang, I was starting to open up to Aggies but I'm about to have to close shop guys...

jk

jet sweep
08-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I agree...

But I didn't say that, I said 'what makes you expect to be in the top 40 when you didn't finish in the top 48 teams'...

Dang, I was starting to open up to Aggies but I'm about to have to close shop guys...

jk

I believe Silsbee finished the year just out of the top 10 in the final AP poll............so yes they did finish in the top 48 teams. You can't use the playoff theory due to big school / little school split. Playoff runs depend LARGELY on the draw of opponents. Silsbee was unfortunate to draw such a strong team in round one, but thats the way it goes...they played and got beat. I can assure you this though.........they were a better football team that 1/2 of the teams left standing after round 1. This is my last post concerning this matter. Preseason polls are all based on opinion and educated guesses. The only polls that matter are the ones in November. Good luck to Cuero, Silsbee, and all the other 3a teams represented on this board.

Ranger Mom
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I gotta give love for my boys fromm the Sweet H2O, they really have a talented bunch this year, but even I was a little shocked when I saw them at #1. Should be fun to see how my boys end the season

The Midland Christian coach couldn't say enough good things about Sweetwater after the scrimmage Saturday. He was blown away...he said they are definately the fastest team that MC will face this season.

Didn't MC win the TAPPS State Championship last season?

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 06:15 PM
I believe Silsbee finished the year just out of the top 10 in the final AP poll............so yes they did finish in the top 48 teams.

A little 'trigger' happy there?

If you paid attention to my first reply, you would have noticed I meant the final 48 teams in the playoffs...

Though my second post did not go into detail about it, your common sense woulda told you what I meant...

And there is no theory... Like I've stated, I'd give Silsbee a nod at a top 15... heck atleast 20 based on what I've heard...

You just can't expect to be 'rated' a top dog if your start dribbling basketballs in early november...

And also, I see we have another 'd1 on totally different level than D2 guy...'...

I can agree that it'll be very hard for a team with an enrollment of 350 to be too much greater than a team close to 900...

But how about the lowest enrolled team in 3A (Hallettsville) making the playoffs out of district 26-3A along with Cuero (690) and Yoakum (500) while Gonzales (800) sits at home?

Big ole split there, eh?

Gobbla2001
08-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Whoa, must be something wrong here... I happened to find another district...

27-3A

Wimberly (632), Liberty Hill (535.5) and Brady (409) made it to the playoffs...

Bandera (877) did not...

WylieGrad2003
08-20-2005, 02:50 AM
What about Abilene Wylie??? Does everyone think that Sweetwater and Snyder are going to run all over Wylie or something....I think Wylie should have been ranked higher than 12...Especially coming off a State Championship year....

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3396/wylieglowing6ye.gif