PDA

View Full Version : AP Panther Fan, do you know anything about this story?

pirate44
08-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Aransas teen shot in chest, hospitalized
By adriana garza Caller-Times
August 12, 2005

An 18-year-old Aransas Pass High School football player was shot once in the chest early Thursday morning on the 100 block of 10th Street.

Andrew Guajardo was standing outside a residence at about 4:55 a.m. when witnesses say a car drove up and shot four to eight rounds at the front of the house, Aransas Pass police said. Guajardo was the only victim.

Witnesses told police there were as many as four shooters. Officials said a 25-year-old manwas identified as one of the shooters by witnesses in the area.

The man remained in police custody late Thursday charged with aggravated assault.

Officials said they do not believe the shooting was gang- or drug-related, but were still investigating the matter. The small-caliber weapon officials believe was used to shoot Guajardo was recovered under the residence.

Guajardo was listed in guarded condition at Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial's intensive care unit, officials said.

AP Panther Fan
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I know very little after talking to my son last night and actually hadn't read the article until now...I also missed it on the news. It sounds like we he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people.

We have known Andrew forever (since t-ball). He is a great kid and a super athlete. He didn't play last season due to differences of opinion with the coaching staff at the time, but he became very involved in NJROTC. He was coming back to play football this year and was doing awesome at practice.

I am hoping to stop by the hospital to see him later today...wish I knew more.

Please say a prayer for him and a speedy recovery.

pirate44
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I know very little after talking to my son last night and actually hadn't read the article until now...I also missed it on the news. It sounds like we he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people.

We have known Andrew forever (since t-ball). He is a great kid and a super athlete. He didn't play last season due to differences of opinion with the coaching staff at the time, but he became very involved in NJROTC. He was coming back to play football this year and was doing awesome at practice.

I am hoping to stop by the hospital to see him later today...wish I knew more.

Please say a prayer for him and a speedy recovery.
I'll do that AP.

pirate4state
08-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Sherri, please pass on our prayers to his family.

AP Panther Fan
08-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I certainly will ... thank you both!;)

IHStangFan
08-12-2005, 01:24 PM
WOW....thats a shocking story. hope he gets well soon!!

SintonFan
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
We'll pray for this young man.

Fish's mom
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sherri, please pass on our prayers to his family.
ditto,here

AP Panther Fan
08-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys. I think it must be very gratifying to know that so many people from other communities care. I will share the sentiments with Andrew and his family. :)

PhiI C
08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE][

Bandera YaYa
08-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I hope he is doing better this evening.....have you found out why he was shot?? Is this a normal occurance in AP??

AP Panther Fan
08-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I hope he is doing better this evening.....have you found out why he was shot?? Is this a normal occurance in AP??

Thanks YaYa....I didn't get to see him because he can't have visitors yet, hopefully tomorrow.

As to it being a normal occurance, well it happens toooo often. We do have problems with gangs, but normally most of us escape the consequences...this is just one of those times, wrong place, wrong time, wrong people. To tell you the truth, it scares the heck outta me...none of us are safe...anywhere.:(

Okay, I am done with the depressing talk.....Andrew will be well again and if nobody else learned anything, I certainly did, or at least, I was reminded.;) :)

Phil C
08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
My computer was acting up on my last post here but naturally the young man and family and friends are in our prayers.

AP Panther Fan
08-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, Andrew is doing good and even having some fun with the nurses (taking his monitors off so they come running).:D

If all continues to go well, we could have him back on the field in 4-5 weeks. :thumbsup: