PDA

View Full Version : For the Mom's

UPanIN
08-12-2005, 10:16 AM
A FOOTBALL PLAYER’S MOTHER

You know, it takes someone special to be a football player’s Mother
She really is a breed like unto no other.

From the very beginning it seems that something sets her apart
I really think it’s because God gave her an extra big heart
He knew it would take someone unique to care for that little boy
And as he grew and was nurtured would bring her infinite joy!

She needs to know how to cook everything from Belgian waffles to scrambled eggs
She needs to know how to clean those grass stains in blue jeans
She must have knowledge of medicine, hospitals, aspirin, and band-aids
And perform ten tasks at once as if she had several maids.

She must definitely have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at life
As she sits in the stands having to deal with all that tension and strife!

She must know terms such as shotgun, blitz, flex, and safety
And not cry out when someone squashes her baby!

And when that son is disappointed, hurt, discouraged, or blue
She must reach deep down inside her and know exactly what to do
ABOVE ALL ELSE ….. and time … and time again
She must be able to show how very much she loves him!

So you see, it does take someone special to be a football player’s Mother
Just look at my Mom – you need to look no further!

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2005, 10:21 AM
:weeping: :weeping: That was lovely! :kiss:

MARLINDOGS
08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: That was lovely! :kiss: It will be ok.Calm down.:D

AP Panther Fan
08-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Awwww, that was really nice! Thank you!:)

Ranger Mom
08-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: That was lovely! :kiss:

At least you have boys that play!! :(

When I substituted "Football" with Trainer....and "he" to "she"....it just didn't seem to have the same ring to it!

BrahmaMom
08-12-2005, 01:54 PM
That brought tears to my eyes. You guys are our babies forever! It is hard to see what goes into playing football; it is only cuz we love y'all so much that we can stand it. Good luck and stay safe.

LHMom
08-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Being a "football mom" has been the best times of my life. I'm going in to my final year now. Thanks for sharing!

AP Panther Fan
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I'm going in to my final year now.

Me too!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

These are the best days of our lives...isn't that a song?:D

dawgmom
08-13-2005, 11:26 PM
:clap: That was very nice! Brought tears to my eyes. :weeping: :weeping: I have two more years as a football mom, then I will become a marine mom! MORE TEARS!! I plan to enjoy EVERY moment of these next two years.
Thank you for this wonderful poem!:inlove:

exbccards76'smom
08-14-2005, 12:50 PM
That's was very touching!! I got all choked up..I haven't been football mom for almost 3 years now. It looks like the next thing I will be is a softball grandmaw.:clap:

BrahmaMom
08-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Wait a minute, I thought once you were a football mom, you were a football mom forever! It's like being a mom, it never stops. I still have a freshman and a 7th grader, plus a son playing college ball, but I don't think I'll EVER stop being a football mom in spirit! It's in the blood, ladies. And who wants a transfusion?? Not me, I love it!

dawgmom
08-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Amen, Brahma!!

LH Panther Mom
08-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Amen, Brahma!!

Ditto!

exbccards76'smom
08-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for reminding me of that!!! It is still in my blood,too. I still buy season tickets and go to all of the games. I even volunteer at the AD's office.

SPF25
08-15-2005, 09:07 AM
AWW I cant wait to be a football mom. Got a couple of years to go though.:) You can just call me a football mom in training

44INAROW
08-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by SPF25
AWW I cant wait to be a football mom. Got a couple of years to go though.:) You can just call me a football mom in training

speaking of... how's the chicken pox situation?

BrahmaMom
08-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Start training now, and you will be the best! I started from scratch, didn't know a thing about football until my 20 year old started in 7th grade. Fortunately BrahmaDad is a patient teacher, cuz I still ask some of the same questions year after year (with basketball and baseball, track and golf in between, I forget some of the rules and terms from year to year!). You will love being a football mom!

SPF25
08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
speaking of... how's the chicken pox situation?

He is doing well. Running around and full of energy. some of the bumps are healing and new ones are coming in.

SPF25
08-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Start training now, and you will be the best! I started from scratch, didn't know a thing about football until my 20 year old started in 7th grade. Fortunately BrahmaDad is a patient teacher, cuz I still ask some of the same questions year after year (with basketball and baseball, track and golf in between, I forget some of the rules and terms from year to year!). You will love being a football mom!

That just gets me more excited !! I cant wait. But then I can cause we have been having alot of fun lately (minus the chicken pox lol) hes learning alot of new things. Its hard to see how fast hes growing but at least I have great things to look forward too.