PDA

View Full Version : drawing the line.

gobbler_fan04
08-11-2005, 11:06 PM
football always has its drawbacks whether people want to admit it or not.. but sometimes you have to wonder if coaches really realize what hell they are putting these boys through. maybe i'm just seeing this side because my boyfriends been sick for a week straight and football definitely isn't helpin the situation but still.. sometimes coaches need to know where to draw the line.

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Would his boss understand that he can't come to work in a few years because he has the sniffles????? Nope, he could care less. That is what football coaches are teaching. Toughness is a virtue. Without it you will wind up under a bridge living in a refrigerator box and all you own will be in a grocery cart. Draw a line through that.

Ranger Mom
08-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Would his boss understand that he can't come to work in a few years because he has the sniffles????? Nope, he could care less. That is what football coaches are teaching. Toughness is a virtue. Without it you will wind up under a bridge living in a refrigerator box and all you own will be in a grocery cart. Draw a line through that.

If I go to work with the "sniffles"...my boss sends me home:D

PhiI C
08-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't want no other employee or anyone coming to my work, church or house when they have a cold! I don't want to catch no one's cold!! :mad:

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I go to work with the "sniffles"...my boss sends me home:D

You are "Special " tho :D

lobo12
08-12-2005, 12:04 AM
theyre not out there to be babied...they are getting the guys ready for more than just games on friday nights

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Tell em Lobo

MARLINDOGS
08-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Yeah alot of them are just in it for the win.

gobblerfan02
08-12-2005, 09:08 AM
You are "Special " tho :D

O ya, she's special alright.....SPECIAL ED!!!!!:D :D :D

Love ya RM!:inlove:

BullFrog Dad
08-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Toughness is a virtue. Without it you will wind up under a bridge living in a refrigerator box... It seems like toughness would be required to live under a bridge in a refrigerator box but maybe that's just me.

maverick1
08-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by gobbler_fan04
my boyfriends been sick for a week straight and football definitely isn't helpin the situation but still.. sometimes coaches need to know where to draw the line. :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

rgn4fb
08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Yeah alot of them are just in it for the win. Yeah, them darn coaches, the nerve of them wanting to win, Who cares if their family's welfare is at stake whether they win or not by having community members and board members firing them if they do not win. Coaches are not like the coach in Varsity Blues. Many schools pay big money on trainers to help with keeping athletes healthy. All coaches are extremely concerned with kids safety.