PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Football Mini Camp

44INAROW
08-11-2005, 10:16 PM
:) Tonight, after the "Beginning of the School Year Rally", Coach Reeve taught a "Mom's Mini Football Camp"... It was actually very informative. He explained what most of the positions were, he placed some of us mom's in the positions our son's play in and then explained plays and why "that" certain play is called and why others weren't. He went over hand signals from coaches and what the referee's signals were too. I have much more respect for the players after getting just a brief glimpse of what they do on the field. :cool:

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Gotta love a chick that makes an effort to understand the game of kings. Way to go MOM

bulldogbark
08-11-2005, 10:31 PM
wow thats real neat that they would do that. Sounds like a great coaching staff.

Bandera YaYa
08-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Gotta love a chick that makes an effort to understand the game of kings. Way to go MOM Uhhh....I don't think I like the "chick to the king" referrence here............ :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :p

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Uhhh....I don't think I like the "chick to the king" referrence here............ :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :p

Nobody asked you :D Don't hit me for that hahahahaha.

Bandera YaYa
08-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Nobody asked you :D Don't hit me for that hahahahaha. *smack smack smack* !!!!!! :p

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 11:53 PM
dang it, I asked you not to do that, now I have to re-gel my hair!

Bandera YaYa
08-11-2005, 11:58 PM
dang it, I asked you not to do that, now I have to re-gel my hair! Uhhhhhhhh....I didn't smack you on your FACE cheeks....... :p :kiss:

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:00 AM
I was talking about my back hair thank you very much. I have to gel it in a down position or it's like sleeping on a bed of nails!

Bandera YaYa
08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I was talking about my back hair thank you very much. I have to gel it in a down position or it's like sleeping on a bed of nails! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :eek: :eek:

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:04 AM
new Record!!!! most w's in an ewww from YaYa. :clap:

Bandera YaYa
08-12-2005, 12:06 AM
new Record!!!! most w's in an ewww from YaYa. :clap: As much as I am honored and all......and how I'd like to stay up with you....to help you reach your goal.......alas, I must go to bed......good luck and I'll check on you when i get up....goodnite! :D

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:10 AM
imma keep poundin that keyboard YaYa

MARLINDOGS
08-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Alot of them already understand the game.

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Nobody asked you :D Don't hit me for that hahahahaha.

I figured she'd send you back to your corner. :D

Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Alot of them already understand the game.

You're right, but many that don't as well. We didn't have mini camp, but a couple of weeks ago the coaches had a meeting with freshmen & junior high parents to introduce themselves, etc. They handed out a pamplet, "Football 101" aka "Mom's Guide to Football". It had very basic info & explained penalties, etc. I hope there's a couple of parents that read it. If I hear "give him a technical" again this year, I don't believe I'm going to be able to hold the laughter in. :)

pirate4state
08-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If I hear "give him a technical" again this year, I don't believe I'm going to be able to hold the laughter in. :) :eek: I can't believe you didn't turn around and smack 'em!! :eek: :D It must have been the shock of hearing such nonsense. :)

gobblerfan02
08-12-2005, 09:34 AM
It's also funny when you bring a girlfriend who happens to be from another town and asks which team is the team we're rootin' for. I don't have the heart to tell her to just look at the damn stands and see which sides are wearing which colors!:hairpunk: But then again, I can't blame her for asking such a thing....just hate it when she tries to ask who has the ball.....can she not pay attention...

Reasons why I don't bring dates to football games anymore!

44INAROW
08-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: I can't believe you didn't turn around and smack 'em!! :eek: :D It must have been the shock of hearing such nonsense. :)

kinda like having to listen to "Why does that guy keep putting his hands in between the hiker-guys legs?" DUH :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: I can't believe you didn't turn around and smack 'em!! :eek: :D It must have been the shock of hearing such nonsense. :)

I just considered who said it & knowing that, managed to restrain myself. She has no excuse this year, so I'll just "nicely" remind her to go read the book. :devil: