PDA

View Full Version : school prayer

duckbutter
08-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Anyone know of a school still doing student led prayer before kickoff.

RBARKER
08-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Every school that is ranked last place in thier district :D :D :D

sorry its been a long day a work wink

JasperDog94
08-18-2003, 04:22 PM
RBARKER:
Every school that is ranked last place in thier district :D :D :D

sorry its been a long day a work wink No, that would be any school that is currently involved in a lawsuit, thanks to our wonder justice system.

CHS_CG
08-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I am in band and b4 halftime our Drummajors will lead the band in the Lord's Payer. My look on that is that it is good! If the kids dont want to pray they step aside and respect the ppl that do enough to be quite.

Ranger Mom
08-18-2003, 09:44 PM
As far as I know, Greenwood isn't breaking any laws here. We have a church right beside the school and during our "moment of silence" a student will say a prayer over the PA system at the church and the speakers are on the church roof. It can be heard just like it was on the schools PA. Never have I heard one complaint....but I hear plenty of cheers after the "AMEN"!!

X21AAAPlayer
08-18-2003, 09:48 PM
I know when the justice system first put in the rule and everyone heard about it we still had a prayer led over the p.a. system.

aamove
08-18-2003, 09:51 PM
Ranger Mom:
As far as I know, Greenwood isn't breaking any laws here. We have a church right beside the school and during our "moment of silence" a student will say a prayer over the PA system at the church and the speakers are on the church roof. It can be heard just like it was on the schools PA. Never have I heard one complaint....but I hear plenty of cheers after the "AMEN"!!That is the greatest. I wish I lived close enough attend one of your home games, just to hear it.

Reveille
08-18-2003, 10:01 PM
Duck,

To my knowledge, all of the TAPPS schools do. wink

Seriously, it is pathetic that we the people have let the "Courts" take our right to pray away from us at a high school athletic event or any other high school event for that matter. :mad:

Rangermom,

I love it. Keep up the good work Greenwood. :D

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Reveille ]</small>