PDA

View Full Version : what is with this forum?

dick_shsu
08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
i post one opinoin asking why a team is ranked so high and instead of a mature debate i get pm's calling me an idiot. i use to post back on this board 2 years ago and it is nothing like what it is now. my god, you cant even express your opinoin with out getting flamed. i thought this forum is where you debated and conversed about teams/rankings/etc but i guess not...

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by dick_shsu
i post one opinoin asking why a team is ranked so high and instead of a mature debate i get pm's calling me an idiot. i use to post back on this board 2 years ago and it is nothing like what it is now. my god, you cant even express your opinoin with out getting flamed. i thought this forum is where you debated and conversed about teams/rankings/etc but i guess not...

What was the question... I don't believe I have seen it...

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2005, 12:29 PM
That's what it's supposed to be. Apparently, someone has forgotten that. If someone thinks you're a idiot, at least they didn't post on the board.

sicem74
08-11-2005, 12:31 PM
its because your frm jasper lol j/k man thats how people are just like that

Old Tiger
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't get depressed over it

dick_shsu
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
yesterday, i was flamed on jaspers forum for so called "dissing all of the jasper fans" because i said it was dumb for SOME of the jasper fans to make excuses about losses...

Phil C
08-11-2005, 12:37 PM
yesterday, i was flamed on jaspers forum for so called "dissing all of the jasper fans" because i said it was dumb for SOME of the jasper fans to make excuses about losses...

I see one of the problems. Next time try maybe using the word silly instead of dumb. :)

Old Tiger
Originally posted by sicem74
its because your frm jasper lol j/k man thats how people are just like that dick_shsu, this guy gets made fun of all the time and he still post so keep posting!

Gobbla2001
yesterday, i was flamed on jaspers forum

And the '3adownlow forum' is involved in this how?

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Ohhhh....now that makes more sense. ;) I presumed you were talking about asking why Silsbee was ranked so high in the Massey rankings. :doh: Maybe try asking over there.... :thinking:

dick_shsu
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
And the '3adownlow forum' is involved in this how?

becuase it is another 3a football forum. 20% of the topics posted arnt related to 3a football but that doesn't seem to bother you then...im just wondering if everyone on this forum name-calls instead of debates...

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
becuase it is another 3a football forum. 20% of the topics posted arnt related to 3a football but that doesn't seem to bother you then...

Ohhhhh...

So a traditional catholic church and a bible-bangin' baptist church are the same thing because they're christian churches?

Old Tiger
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
After scrimmages get started and people make there way over from the off-season more football topics will come about.

SintonFan
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
becuase it is another 3a football forum. 20% of the topics posted arnt related to 3a football but that doesn't seem to bother you then...im just wondering if everyone on this forum name-calls instead of debates...
It's offseason, stupid.
j/k:D

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM

BTW, what does this thread that you just made have to do with 3a football?

This thread seems like a better fit for Doctor Phil or Sally...

Practice what you preach...

IHStangFan
08-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Ohhhhh...

So a traditional catholic church and a bible-bangin' baptist church are the same thing because they're christian churches? ROFL!! :clap:

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
stupid.

haha

sinton66
08-11-2005, 12:58 PM
BTW, what does this thread that you just made have to do with 3a football?

This thread seems like a better fit for Doctor Phil or Sally...

Practice what you preach...

Et Tu Brute?:D :D :D

Good response, Gobbla.;)

44INAROW
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Ohhhhh...

So a traditional catholic church and a bible-bangin' baptist church are the same thing because they're christian churches?

omg lol the TCC vs BBBC response.. works everytime :D

pirate4state
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Ohhhhh...

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gifhttp://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

:weeping: too funny!!! :clap:

Phil C
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Ohhhhh...

Gob, I admire the Catholic and Baptist Church.

One thing as I have said before you will never get a Baptist to drink alcoholic beverages. I respect that.

Phil C
08-11-2005, 02:41 PM

I'm with you on this one. I have preached and preached that this is a 3A hs football forum but they still post things completely unrelated. Heck someone even posted recently on women's college volleyball and soccer just recently. It makes me so mad. Sometimes there are even posts on when an old movie is on tv!! Let's stay with the 3A topic everyone! Everytime someone points this out (especially someone new) it makes me bow my head in shame. It's disgraceful! 3A HS football! Hello! Earth to 3A Downlow! :mad:

turbostud
08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
San Antonio Spurs 2005 NBA Champs.

Best Damn NBA finals we have ever had.:D

AP Panther Fan
08-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Viva La France and Way to Go Lance!:D

Phantom Stang
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
How about those lady Longhorns!!!:clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
08-11-2005, 03:27 PM
lunch debate....turkey or roast beef?? the reason i ask is...i'm fairly sleepy...and turkey would be the knockout punch.....roast beef it is......thanks for your help.

AP Panther Fan
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Should I watch Dawn at Socorro or Phantom of the Opera?;)

IHStangFan
08-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Should I watch Dawn at Socorro or Phantom of the Opera?;) hmmm...good question.....i'd just go w/ a known classic.....and rent Revenge of the Nerds

Bullaholic
08-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I'm with you on this one. I have preached and preached that this is a 3A hs football forum but they still post things completely unrelated. Heck someone even posted recently on women's college volleyball and soccer just recently. It makes me so mad. Sometimes there are even posts on when an old movie is on tv!! Let's stay with the 3A topic everyone! Everytime someone points this out (especially someone new) it makes me bow my head in shame. It's disgraceful! 3A HS football! Hello! Earth to 3A Downlow! :mad:

Phil C-you old opportunist--what do you sharpen that pitchfork with? Look forward to corresponding with you in the coming season!

Phil C
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
San Antonio Spurs 2005 NBA Champs.

Best Damn NBA finals we have ever had.:D

Here here!! :)

Phil C
08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Viva La France and Way to Go Lance!:D

Here here! Best Tour de France we ever had!! :)

Phil C
08-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
How about those lady Longhorns!!!:clap: :clap:

Here here!! :)

Phil C
08-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Should I watch Dawn at Socorro or Phantom of the Opera?;)

Both! And on the Phanton of the Opera all the versions especially the 2004 one and the old silent classic with Lon Channey!

Phil C
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Phil C-you old opportunist--what do you sharpen that pitchfork with? Look forward to corresponding with you in the coming season!

Me too Bull! And it will get much better once football season starts again!!

gobbler grad
08-11-2005, 04:09 PM

One thing as I have said before you will never get a Baptist to drink alcoholic beverages. I respect that.

I beg to differ...:evillaugh

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I beg to differ...:evillaugh

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ha, I gotta go with you on this one...

Was at the gas station getting a beer for the way home just a minute ago... A guy walks up to the sherrif who is there on thursdays (check cashin' day) and says 'Hey, we're having the church picnic this weekend, tell *insert relative's name here* about it...'

A buddy of his chimes in 'that's the babtist church, right'... he says 'yes'...

That guy walks out of the store with a 16 ounce bud light haha

Old Green
08-11-2005, 05:47 PM

One thing as I have said before you will never get a Baptist to drink alcoholic beverages. I respect that. You don't know us Baptist very well Phil.:D

I double bag my 16 Oz. beer so know one can see it. Befor I get to the check out counter.:devil:

bulldogbark
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
thats why most pick up stores have a pick up window in the back. we use to call it the Babtist window. :p (I'm one)

Old Green
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
thats why most pick up stores have a pick up window in the back. we use to call it the Babtist window. :p (I'm one) I caught a Baptist Minister at the drive-in window once buying a pint of Jim Beam.:D

"Hey Rev, Pay my church dues for me this month ".:devil:

Ranger Mom
08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Oops...I am Baptist too and I enjoy a drink now and again!:eek:

SintonFan
08-11-2005, 06:45 PM

ROFL!
I bet you wouldn't put Rogaine in the hand soap at a boy's Catholic HS, would ya Phil?;)

Bandera YaYa
08-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
ROFL!
I bet you wouldn't put Rogaine in the hand soap at a boy's Catholic HS, would ya Phil?;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

bulldogbark
08-11-2005, 06:57 PM
we use to say we were Bablick. A Babtist with Catholic ways:evillaugh

MARLINDOGS
08-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah im a baptist to.And i have a drink time to time.

PhiI C
08-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I caught a Baptist Minister at the drive-in window once buying a pint of Jim Beam.:D

"Hey Rev, Pay my church dues for me this month ".:devil:

Old he was probably buying it to put on his sore side.

GreenMonster
08-11-2005, 10:09 PM

You're right, it's a conspiracy against you and only you!!!

bulldogbark
08-11-2005, 10:25 PM
when I was stationed in Germany we had a chaplin that got the wine and the grape juice mixed up on the serving plate(we have multi-denominational services) you should of seen the looks on the Baptists and the Methodists faces when they got the wrong glass. :rolleyes:

SintonFan
08-11-2005, 10:27 PM
when I was stationed in Germany we had a chaplin that got the wine and the grape juice mixed up on the serving plate(we have multi-denominational services) you should of seen the looks on the Baptists and the Methodists faces when they got the wrong glass. :rolleyes:
:) faces I bet!
j/k:D

PhiI C
08-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Well a Methodist may drink but they do frown on it.

PhiI C
08-11-2005, 10:30 PM

bull I admire the Methodist Church.

jason
08-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oops...I am Baptist too and I enjoy a drink now and again!:eek: i am lutheran, but i dont drink (that often)...

44INAROW
08-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
bull I admire the Methodist Church.

Let's give a big shout out for the Methodist :)

Actually I am Methodist and a little bit of Whiskeypalian too :D

SintonFan
08-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Let's give a big shout out for the Methodist :)

Actually I am Methodist and a little bit of Whiskeypalian too :D
LOL!:clap:

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Football, is great.

Chef bob
08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
I like football
its fun!:)

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 02:53 AM
Is it just me or didn't Jesus turn the water into wine?? Hmmm at least someone was sippin on gin and juice, hahaha. Unfortunately it's against my religion. By the way, how did this post go in this direction anyways????

MARLINDOGS
08-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Bob i dont like football.I love it.:D

bulldogbark
08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
we're slowly makeing a wide turn. I would say we should be back to the original question in about a week.:cool: Uhhh does anybody remember the original question?

Phil C
08-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by jason
i am lutheran, but i dont drink (that often)...

Jason I admire the Lutheran Church.

gobblerfan02
08-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Jason I admire the Lutheran Church.
I'm Lutheran too....but it's ok Phil C, I already have plenty of admirers, but one more wouldn't hurt!:D

Chef bob
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
just gonna throw another football in all this

dawgmom
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I'll drink to that!

:D :D

AP Panther Fan
08-13-2005, 12:17 AM
You football fans and denominational people have taken all of the fun out of teasing the Sinton GodFather.

Just kidding.....I liked the post about the wide turn!

:D :D :D