PDA

View Full Version : TO kicked out of camp

turbostud
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Updated: Aug. 10, 2005, 4:00 PM ET
Report: Owens leaves after verbal spat with Reid ESPN.com

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens exchanged words with head coach Andy Reid at a team meeting Wednesday and was asked to leave, according to news reports.

Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of Eagles training camp at Lehigh University, according to two television reports.

Earlier Wednesday, he had missed practice for the fifth time in six days because of a left groin injury.

Owens worked out with the team's assistant trainer for about 20 minutes on a separate playing field from his teammates, catching balls from a machine and doing some light running. He did not speak to reporters or acknowledge the fans who chanted his name.

The All-Pro receiver sat out practices last Friday and Saturday. He returned Sunday for both the morning and afternoon sessions, but hasn't practiced since.

Owens is unhappy the Eagles have refused to redo his contract as he enters the second season of a seven-year, $48.97 million deal.

Last season, Owens had 77 receptions for 1,200 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns receptions before severely injuring his ankle late in the season. He missed the final two regular-season games and the first two playoff games before returning for the Super Bowl, in which he had nine receptions

Maroon87
08-10-2005, 03:09 PM
What took so long...:rolleyes:

pirate4state
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Is anyone surprised ... :rolleyes: All this means is that it'll take over most of Sportscenter. :mad:

koose
08-10-2005, 03:14 PM
He is a good example of what is wrong with a lot of today's athletes. I hope they suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team so he can lose a little bit more money since that is all he cares about.

Owens is trying to renegotiate the seven-year, $49 million deal that HE signed before last season. Owen has six more years on his current contract, and believes that his current contract doesn't compensate for his talent or his player value. WELL, I GUESS HE SHOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED IT. WHAT AN IDIOT!!

Bandera YaYa
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
$49 million dollars......guess he thinks he needs more bling than that!! Hope he jumps off the nearest bridge with all his bling on.......blub blub blub..... :D :D

tc8232
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
how much more money and fame do you need. sounds like an act of selfishness on his part, they already lost todd pinkston for the year you would think he would put his ME attitude aside and do what is best for the team.. but hey what do i know i dont make 5 million a year like the best of them

wos fan1
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What took so long...:rolleyes: :D :D

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Poor, poooooor, TO. :rolleyes:

BTW, turbostud, I'm getting a huge kick out of your sig! :D :clap:

CHS_CG
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM
I love it too Debbie, that is funny. I am feelin the need to push somebody down some stairs!

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am feelin the need to push somebody down some stairs!

I was feeling that need yesterday, but am feeling empowered today since I was "forced" to point out (once again) that the person does, indeed, not know everything. :D

NHSRattler60
08-10-2005, 04:23 PM
College sports: More tradition, more pride, no superstars.

Gotta love it.

setex
08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
TO gets 7 million a year, now where does he stand in history?

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1402

turbostud
08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Poor, poooooor, TO. :rolleyes:

BTW, turbostud, I'm getting a huge kick out of your sig! :D :clap:

Thanks Mom, I feel like that every day at work.

IHStangFan
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Just reminds me why I cant stand this A-hole......never could.

gobbler grad
08-10-2005, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
[B]:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Poor, poooooor, TO. :rolleyes:

my thoughts exactly...:weeping: :kiss:

sicem74
08-10-2005, 07:43 PM
lol man t.o should go to green bay!

bullfrog_alumni_02
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
what is he really doing to EARN more money? there are others in the world who wish to have a better contract, but its not gonna happen. if he wanted to get a better contract he should have done so last year before his pen met paper. i once heard him say he needed more money so he could feed his family...note to TO, if you need more that 7 million a year to feed your family, you might wanna recheck your spending habits or stop feeding them gold crested steaks and lobster. To your nothing more than a joke in the eyes of society.

3&2count
08-10-2005, 10:02 PM
What if as a league if the player didn't come to practice or a game, he didn't get paid. What if he didn't like his contract and wanted to redo it after a year, the team could say tough crap. you get nothing.

The power should be in the teams hands.
49 million. I for one am ashamed to say that I might if provoked take that much money over the next 7 years.

I would have to be talked into to giving up my teachers salary.
It would be a hard decision. :D