PDA

View Full Version : Goliad/Cuero Volleyball

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
For those of you who missed it, these two teams played an exciting first game to the season. In the first game the Lady Gobblers came out firing, but miscues and first game jitters gave the Tigers the upper hand in the end: Goliad was victorious in this one 14-25, 25-20, 25-19, 26-24. In the fourth game, a close call that gave the tigers the lead at 24-24 looked out but was called in to give the tigers the lead for good...the cuero team looked like it still had a few kinks to work out, but watch out everyone, if these ladies start meshing well together, which they will, come playoff time, they'll be a team to reckon with!

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Maybe it's because I know the girls better, but it looked to me that Cuero was the better team last nite, things just didn't go their way, just keep watchin' these girls, a lot of potential!

Phil C
08-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Cuero had a good team last year but they were young. I know they are lead by a coach that was a great volleyball player and athlete at one time and if they girls let her lead them and learn from her they will do great which looks like that is just what they are doing. The Goliad girls are very good and will be a good team in the district this year not only in volleyball but in softball and basketball. But they will losing a lot of seniors especially in softball this year. Of course then the UIL will probably put them in another district after this year. But that game shows great progress for the Cuero girls. Since I have known the Cuero volleyball coach and her Freer family all her life I will be making a sign for the girls when they come to play us just before the football game. Of course it won't be given to them till after the game and it will have void when you play Sinton of course. :)

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Cuero had a good team last year but they were young. I know they are lead by a coach that was a great volleyball player and athlete at one time and if they girls let her lead them and learn from her they will do great which looks like that is just what they are doing. The Goliad girls are very good and will be a good team in the district this year not only in volleyball but in softball and basketball. But they will losing a lot of seniors especially in softball this year. Of course then the UIL will probably put them in another district after this year. But that game shows great progress for the Cuero girls. Since I have known the Cuero volleyball coach and her Freer family all her life I will be making a sign for the girls when they come to play us just before the football game. Of course it won't be given to them till after the game and it will have void when you play Sinton of course. :)

Great jesture Phil, and I personally know Coach Carillo as well, as I have helped her coach tennis this past summer!

gobbler84
08-10-2005, 07:25 PM

Phil it's official.......You do know everything!

gobbler grad
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Phil it's official.......You do know everything!

I'll 2nd that...:) very knowledgeable of everything...:thumbsup:

chubbed_up
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
dang phil you know so much...we have a teacher like you, mrs. colman. i would like to see yall go at it. that would be amazing

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
dang phil you know so much...we have a teacher like you, mrs. colman. i would like to see yall go at it. that would be amazing

Sorry to get your hopes up chubbed, but Phil would put Mrs. Linda in her place....no doubt that she is a highly intelligent person, sweet as can be, and helpful to all.....she just doesn't have the background knowledge like Phil, although she could twirl his mind in some science books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil DONT ARGUE ON THE SCIENCE CUZ YOU WILL GO DOWN!!!!!!!

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Sorry to get your hopes up chubbed, but Phil would put Mrs. Linda in her place....no doubt that she is a highly intelligent person, sweet as can be, and helpful to all.....she just doesn't have the background knowledge like Phil, although she could twirl his mind in some science books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil DONT ARGUE ON THE SCIENCE CUZ YOU WILL GO DOWN!!!!!!!

I might take this one back chubbed, she could "stump" the howling bear if anyone could.....and when I think about it, she does know things that no one else does!

Phil C
08-11-2005, 08:28 AM
It sounds like someone I would like to meet if there was ever time. I took several chemistry, physics and biology courses in college but of course I have forgotten most of what I learned since I didnt' use it even though occassionally I have helped local students in algebra and chemistry to a certain extent since it is taught much different due to the advanced technology they have now. Naturally it wouldn't be a contest but I would enjoy it anyway. I also wouldn't mind talking history with someone that knew more than me either because I like discussion history like the civil war, etc.

gobblerfan02
08-11-2005, 09:15 AM
It sounds like someone I would like to meet if there was ever time. I took several chemistry, physics and biology courses in college but of course I have forgotten most of what I learned since I didnt' use it even though occassionally I have helped local students in algebra and chemistry to a certain extent since it is taught much different due to the advanced technology they have now. Naturally it wouldn't be a contest but I would enjoy it anyway. I also wouldn't mind talking history with someone that knew more than me either because I like discussion history like the civil war, etc.

I should let you meet my uncle then Phil, he's into history like worms are into apples, if you wanna make that leap with an analogy....yep, he'll talk your ear off with anything dealing with historical facts and the such.....and, since you know everything, I have a question for ya that no sinton poster has answered yet, but it involves knowing someone from sinton, her first name is ophelia, a student at UTSA, a little older than most students, majoring in psychology, had her in two classes last semester, really sweet, long black curly hair, said she was from sinton....know her?...and sorry, dont know the last name.

Phil C
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
You got me there gob but I will ask around. I think I would enjoy a visit with your uncle very much. I enjoy historical discussions indeed.

gobble35
08-12-2005, 12:08 AM
i really like the girl #14 for the lady gobblers!! that sarah hedrick!! she is a mess of a player!!! i think shes the next big thing for cuero high school volleyball!!! she will go far!!!

GreenMonster
08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I love volleyball, all the 16 yr olds in skin tight shorts. It is one of the greatest moments in a young man's life to witness that.