PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days....

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
For you working folks, have you ever had one of those days at work, that if they fired you on the spot, you'd thank them? :mad: That was my day, today. :(

I love my job, but there are 1 or 2 people that I am forced to work with that sometimes just make me wonder if it's worth it. :(

mwynn05
08-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
For you working folks, have you ever had one of those days at work, that if they fired you on the spot, you'd thank them? :mad: That was my day, today. :(

I love my job, but there are 1 or 2 people that I am forced to work with that sometimes just make me wonder if it's worth it. :( Yea yesterday.....I was like if it's like this one more time this week im just quitting now instead of saturday haha

SintonFan
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM

I love my job, but there are 1 or 2 people that I am forced to work with that sometimes just make me wonder if it's worth it. :(
Last week my bio-rythm was soooooo low. I never thought the week would end. Car trouble gettin home friday night was the turd-colored icing to a crappy week.
What did I do? I worked on honeydoos this weekend till my mood picked up. ie. replaced the front fence, shop for tiles for next week's carpet replacement in the dining room. Tutor my son for 5th grade math and teach him the nuances of poker(lol that was late saturday night). Mow the lawn, fix the toilet and all.
Come to think of maybe it wasn't all the "honeydoos" that perked up my weekend but my wife's reaction to all that darn hard work.:inlove:

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 07:22 PM
i had one of those days every day i worked at Brookshire Brothers!

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
I had that thought when I worked at Lowe's... Had atleast one of those days every other day...

The work wasn't bad, but the managment made me want to puke... minus the store manager, who was a stand-up guy...

But when they laid me off, I told everyone as I walked out the door:

"They just quit for me"

gobbler84
08-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah...everyday I have to get up at 7 to go to school

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Last week my bio-rythm was soooooo low. I never thought the week would end. Car trouble gettin home friday night was the turd-colored icing to a crappy week.
What did I do? I worked on honeydoos this weekend till my mood picked up. ie. replaced the front fence, shop for tiles for next week's carpet replacement in the dining room. Tutor my son for 5th grade math and teach him the nuances of poker(lol that was late saturday night). Mow the lawn, fix the toilet and all.
Come to think of maybe it wasn't all the "honeydoos" that perked up my weekend but my wife's reaction to all that darn hard work.:inlove: WooHoo!!!! Glad your weekend was great!!!! :D :D

NHSRattler60
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm a certified bum. I get paid for doing nothing. I work out of home and those days just don't happen anymore. Don't I make you sick?

BHBrave08
08-09-2005, 09:08 PM

I understand the feeling. Even though I am still in school. But I still understand the feeling.

olddawggreen
08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Yep

LHMom
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
I think we've all had 'em LHPM.

Hope tomorrow is better!

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Yeah...everyday I have to get up at 7 to go to school

i wanna see ur butt get up to go to work

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
The bad thing about it, no matter what you are getting paid it's still not what your worth...

I think this is a common problem that is everyday for most...

lepfan
08-09-2005, 09:44 PM
That was pretty much how I felt at my last job! Wimpy leader and a co-worker who would go to him with fabricated "stories". She was one who had to feel important and the way she did it was to try to make others appear less qualified. Those two made it an easier decision to leave!! I am thankful I don't have to deal with that up here. :)

SintonFan
08-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
That was pretty much how I felt at my last job! Wimpy leader and a co-worker who would go to him with fabricated "stories". She was one who had to feel important and the way she did it was to try to make others appear less qualified. Those two made it an easier decision to leave!! I am thankful I don't have to deal with that up here. :)
Your speech sounds familiar...
:thinking:

MARLINDOGS
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
There is always someone you work with that drives you crazy. :mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
That was pretty much how I felt at my last job! Wimpy leader and a co-worker who would go to him with fabricated "stories". She was one who had to feel important and the way she did it was to try to make others appear less qualified.

:eek: :eek: OMG! That sounds like the exact same person!

lepfan
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
:eek: :eek: OMG! That sounds like the exact same person!

She must have an evil twin. ;)

crabman
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm not sayin' this just to be sayin' it but I was employed by someone else for 19 years and now I have been in business for myself for 3 1/2 years and I can honestly say I have never worked a day in my life. It's fun. I enjoy it. That is not to say I don't have problems but working through those challenges is both rewarding and fun. If it's that much of a drag, move on.

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by crabman
If it's that much of a drag, move on.

Nah...95% of the time, it's wonderful. Just was a bad day yesterday, just as I finished putting in 10 hrs. Today was much better. :)

crabman
08-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I was at work at 6:30 this morning. 30 minutes for lunch. Home at 6:15 and back at it on the couch from 8:00 until right now. I am printing out the last of a schedule on a job we have to start in San Antonio tomorrow. It's Wednesday and already have my 40 in. Only 30 left to go.

j_dog
08-10-2005, 11:04 PM

i tried working, didn't like it! :D i feel for you! :( ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
i tried working, didn't like it! :D i feel for you! :( ;)

I probably should've had a nap yesterday! :D