PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Rogers reinstated

HighSchool Fan
08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - Kenny Rogers was reinstated Tuesday when an arbitrator ruled that commissioner Bud Selig overstepped his authority by suspending the Texas pitcher for 20 games and fining him $50,000 for shoving two cameramen.

Rogers has already sat out 12 games. He will return to the Rangers for Wednesday night's game at Boston, and his fine will be converted to a charitable contribution.

The ruling, by arbitrator Shyam Das, followed a hearing Monday in Chicago.

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today," Selig said in a statement. "It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media, and our players.

"There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case. The arbitrator's decision diminishes that standard and is contrary to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived," he said.

Keith7
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today," Selig said in a statement. "It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media, and our players.

"There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case. The arbitrator's decision diminishes that standard and is contrary to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived," he said.

Shut up bud selig, you should be worried about steriods instead of picking on Kenny Rogers still

Astrosdawg07
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Shut up bud selig, you should be worried about steriods instead of picking on Kenny Rogers still

HOMER! GO ASTROS!

kaorder1999
08-09-2005, 04:51 PM
thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Selig has the right to be ticked off.

injuredinmelee
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
The cameraman was asking for it. The hting that killed me the most about the camera man was the way after they got Kenny away from him he turns to another media member by the dugout and winks. You could almost see the $$ in his eyes. If a guy doenst want to be filmed and has told you dont then turn the camera off him there are 20 others to shoot.

kaorder1999
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
it doesn't matter. any camera man in the country that has a media creditial to that ballgame has the right to film him as much as they want to during media sessions. Its in their contract. They have to cooperate with the credentialed media. I would have freaking winked too

GreenMonster
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
YaYa, told ya so! :nerd:

Rabbit'93
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The cameraman was asking for it. The hting that killed me the most about the camera man was the way after they got Kenny away from him he turns to another media member by the dugout and winks. You could almost see the $$ in his eyes. If a guy doenst want to be filmed and has told you dont then turn the camera off him there are 20 others to shoot.
WHAT? He asked for it? By doing the same thing he has done at every other home game. That's like saying..."I'm sitting at my desk and a coworker says stop looking at me. Then he pushes me". Come on. Kenny doesn't have a say on whether he is filmed or not. Once you step out of the clubhouse your free game. He should have acted like a mature adult instead of a 3 year old.

Owen B
08-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
If a guy doenst want to be filmed and has told you dont then turn the camera off him there are 20 others to shoot. If the guy doesn't want to be filmed, then he should take his millions, retire, and be a hermit. I have no sympathy for people who make millions because people want to see them, then get mad about it.

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
YaYa, told ya so! :nerd:

DO NOT get her started GM! lol

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2005, 08:17 PM
YaYa, told ya so! :nerd: After a hard day at work, I finally get to sit down here and this is the first thing I see!!!!!!! Damn cry baby......this world is turning into mush!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :flamingma :flamingma :foul:

GreenMonster
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
After a hard day at work, I finally get to sit down here and this is the first thing I see!!!!!!! Damn cry baby......this world is turning into mush!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :flamingma :flamingma :foul:

First, I would like to remind you that I am against Kenny's suspension being shortened and I feel his sentence was light. I just had to rub it in that I was right about the punishment being unfair by MLB's own standards, which are set by their previous actions in similar cases. Key words, MLB's own standards.

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
First, I would like to remind you that I am against Kenny's suspension being shortened and I fell his sentence was light. I just had to rub it in that I was right about the punishment being unfair by MLB's own standards, which are set by their previous actions in similar cases. I wasn't calling you a crybaby.....geezzzzzzzzzzzzzz....I have other nouns that describe you!!! :p :D :D :kiss:

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
i told you not to get her started!

Keith7
08-09-2005, 09:49 PM
if a camera man came to your work and followed you around all day and when you asked him to stop, he just kept doing it, would you just let him keep following you around forever??

Matthew328
08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
as a MLB player you have to understand that media will be around..give me a break and the bad part about it is the cameraman wasn't even following that close....Rogers is an idiot and a total moron...I wish nothing but failure upon him

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
as a MLB player you have to understand that media will be around..give me a break and the bad part about it is the cameraman wasn't even following that close....Rogers is an idiot and a total moron...I wish nothing but failure upon him You said it !!! Working around the media is a small concession for his multi-million paycheck.!!! He walked over to where the cameraman was.....not vice versa.......mark my word, Rogers will do it again...what a LOSER!!!!!

Keith, if i was being paid what Rogers is being paid, the media could come watch me answer the phone all day long......gimme a break! You know there's a difference!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Rabbit'93
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Keith what you fail to understand is that the media is part of their job. It's written into their contracts. He lost his cool and acted like my 4 year old when he doesn't gt his way. I think he deserves what he gets.

PhiI C
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Selig was a surprise guest on PTI and man was he upset!

shellman54
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Utterly ridiculous. I guess punishments have no merit anymore.

Keith7
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
This dude has had enough punishment.. he has gotten booed, and critisized non-stop, he ruined his reputation already.. what more do you guys want from him??

Kenny Rogers ruins his integrity = 20 game suspension

Rafael Palmerio ruins the integrity of the MLB = 10 game suspension..

something doesn't add up

3&2count
08-10-2005, 09:58 PM
B. S. Enough said

rockdale80
08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
This dude has had enough punishment.. he has gotten booed, and critisized non-stop, he ruined his reputation already.. what more do you guys want from him??

Kenny Rogers ruins his integrity = 20 game suspension

Rafael Palmerio ruins the integrity of the MLB = 10 game suspension..

something doesn't add up

:clap: :clap: :clap:

my sentiments exactly

gobbler grad
08-11-2005, 12:17 PM
The Red Sox welcomed him back alright whipping the Rangers 16-5...:clap:

GO BO-SOX

Gobbla2001
08-11-2005, 12:26 PM
If a cameraman followed me around work all day I'd either A: Go along with it or B: walk away...

The cameraman in this case didn't follow him around, he was in an area where he was allowed to film at... Kenny could have gone into what is 'fair territory' during games and I believe it would have been out of the cameraman's area... and I'm pretty sure he knew that...

I do not like the media nagging at people, trying to get them to'd and all, that isn't right...

BUT, when it comes down to it, every human being is responsible for their own actions...

Heck, I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, or that I would have, but if I did, those would be my own actions and I'd have to take the punishment for them...

Kenny Rogers and Palmerio both need to burn in MLB hell for a while before they get back on the field...

Phantom Stang
08-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Had Rogers been on his own time, like at home or out somewhere with his family, I might have understood, and mabe even applauded him. However, what he did to this guy, who was where he was supposed to be doing what he is supposed to do, is totally inexcusable.