PDA

View Full Version : Cuero

fairfield_06
08-08-2005, 06:19 PM
What do you think?

GoFightWin
08-08-2005, 06:27 PM
I think that Cuero is just confident, nothing wrong with that!

dutchman
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
when you have the level of talent cuero does you can actually be both. confident in your teammates and cocky enough to intimidate those with less confidence.

Gobbla2001
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
No matter what our fans are, the players on the board represent Cuero well... they seem more confident to me than cocky...

Yah, us fans may be cocky here and there, but we're just proud of what the young men in this program have accomplished over the years...

Johnny Utah
08-08-2005, 08:50 PM
All Cuero faithful should be confident. Great tradition and talent galore!!! Less than great success would mean under achievement at its worst. Good luck, your schedule will test you, but get you ready for sure.

gobblerfan02
08-08-2005, 09:03 PM
I would say we are all excited!!!!!!!!!!! Knowing that we have the "potential" to have another great season after last year, nothing else can explain it!

sinfan75
08-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I think they just showin their pride just like anybody else on here who knows they're team has a VERY good chance of winnin a state championship.

gobbler84
08-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I get no reason for you starting this thread. Duh, we're confident, are we suppose to go into the season with our head down saying we are gonna lose?

gobblerfan02
08-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Should I start a poll stating "If your team was #1, would there be any bragging, cockiness, or anything of the sort from any fans?"

Think we would all know what that answer would be!

chubbed_up
08-09-2005, 10:58 AM
i believe we are cocky at times but we are also a very confident team who believes in what we do and can back it up. our confidence is often mistaken for cockiness

44INAROW
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
i believe we are cocky at times but we are also a very confident team who believes in what we do and can back it up. our confidence is often mistaken for cockiness

Well said. :clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
08-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No matter what our fans are, the players on the board represent Cuero well... they seem more confident to me than cocky...

Yah, us fans may be cocky here and there, but we're just proud of what the young men in this program have accomplished over the years...

I agree with gobbla on this one...:p

SintonFan
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't see the a$$ kickin' chickens as cocky at all. They even take mild jabs at them with a measure of humility. They should be confident.:clap:

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
If Caldwell was as good as that , we would have a right to be confidently cocky!

gobbler84
08-09-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
If Caldwell was as good as that , we would have a right to be confidently cocky!

lol

BullFrog Dad
08-09-2005, 03:22 PM
I think they're just confident as they should be. Besides Cuero means Rawhide and that was a good show.

SintonFan
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I think they're just confident as they should be. Besides Cuero means Rawhide and that was a good show.
"Phil? Phil???":D

pirate44
08-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
"Phil? Phil???":D
ROFL:clap:

Chris Hart
08-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't see a thing wrong with being cocky or confident. I personally hate the old cliche " we're going to play our hardest, and if everything works out, we just may come away with a W. I like "We respect our opponents, but to be honest, I don't think anyone can or will beat us" much better. Let er rip!:)

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
"We respect our opponents, but to be honest, I don't think anyone can or will beat us" much better. Let er rip!:)

:clap:

gobbler84
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Read the prayer on my sig and you tell me if that is cocky!

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Read the prayer on my sig and you tell me if that is cocky!

Having said that prayer 4 years straight when I was playing, it wasn't said to be cocky... it was said as a battle cry... said behind the 'bust-out' sign just before running out to the field and also after the game while huddled infront of our fans...

Just for a little info on the prayer for those who do not know... A player says the lines of the prayer, at every comma in the prayer (shown on 84's sig), the rest of the players repeat that line... when the 'all-caps' show up, it is being yelled...

Yah, 'team that can't be beat, won't be beat' sounds a little cocky... but it is all about an attitude going into the game... Yah, there's a big chance you can get beat going up against a way better team, but heck, throw that stuff out the window, play like you can't be beat...

Every time I see your signature, 84, I read it... brings back great memories... never forget it...

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Having said that prayer 4 years straight when I was playing

Actually, now that I think about it, I only said that prayer for 3 years straight... the '98 season through the '00 season... Coach T introduced our players to that prayer in '98...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 08:41 PM
"cocky" Need we say more, but maynot be as bad as Burnet.

Sinton is cocky but a good cocky, GP is over rated.

gobbler84
08-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes the prayer is cool but I cant wait till it's passed to me!

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Please!!!

gobbler84
08-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by tap_tx_sinton

i say we are the good cocky just as yall as you said

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Burnet was never cocky... they were confident... the folks who were kneeling down to Burnet were more cocky about Burnet than Burnet fans themselves...

There are a few bad apples in each bunch of whatever there is out there... throw the cliche to the side... it doesn't ruin everyone else...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Anytime you need to bring tortillas to a game that is pretty cocky...

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Anytime you need to bring tortillas to a game that is pretty cocky...

I think that's called 'being a fan'...

But if we're cocky, so be it... there's been atleast 10 years I can come up with where it didn't hurt...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Nothing to do with being a fan it's called respect.

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Nothing to do with being a fan it's called respect.

Texas Tech and Kingsville's tortillas don't count?

If you're making a race issue out of thise, I just don't see it... it has been done at Tech and A&M/A&I Kingsville for years if I am not mistaken...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 09:03 PM
There is nothing to do with race over this at all. Why is this brought up all the time? I am white my wife is Hispanic.
This is something along the line as being professional towards another schools and there stadium.

BHBrave08
08-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Confident.

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
There is nothing to do with race over this at all. Why is this brought up all the time? I am white my wife is Hispanic.
This is something along the line as being professional towards another schools and there stadium.

Because I can see no other reason to complain unless there was profanity, nudity or racism involved...

Having signs that say 'cook the gobblers' isn't disrespectful to me, so I do not see a tortilla being disrespectful unless used in a racist sort of way...

these are just my opinions up against yours...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Because I can see no other reason to complain unless there was profanity, nudity or racism involved...

Having signs that say 'cook the gobblers' isn't disrespectful to me, so I do not see a tortilla being disrespectful unless used in a racist sort of way...

these are just my opinions up against yours...

What else would you do with a gobbler than cook it, or fry it. but what does a tortilla and a Pirate have to do with it?

SintonFan
08-09-2005, 09:13 PM

I disagree. I've never met a Cuero folk that was cocky. When I've eaten in that town(even on game day) the ones I talked to were more excited I was there than even football. Lots of good ppl in this town.
The same can be said for Burnet. It took me a short time to realize the same. Most small towns are honest at heart.:cool: :clap:

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 09:15 PM
What else would you do with a gobbler than cook it, or fry it. but what does a tortilla and a Pirate have to do with it?

Doesn't have anything to do with a pirate, which means it should be disrespectful to you...

It is a tradition at a couple of universities... maybe it is a tradition is Burnet?

It's called 'fans'... having fun... most of them are high school kids just enjoying being in high school, having fun, feeding off of traditions etc...

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Doesn't have anything to do with a pirate, which means it should be disrespectful to you...

It is a tradition at a couple of universities... maybe it is a tradition is Burnet?

It's called 'fans'... having fun... most of them are high school kids just enjoying being in high school, having fun, feeding off of traditions etc...

It's all about the school and the kids having fun for whatever tradition they may have. Just a simple opinion and nothing more.

Gobbla2001
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
It's all about the school and the kids having fun for whatever tradition they may have. Just a simple opinion and nothing more.

Hey, opinions are great, that's what this thread was here for...

I've just never met a tortilla that I didn't eat, I mean like!:D

Gobbler Fan
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
CONFIDENT-self assured:1.certain of having the ability , judgment , and rescources needed to suceed.
2.sure of ones self having no uncertainty about ones own ability , correctness , succesfullness.

Maybe someone should put up another poll . Fairfield_06 ENVY or JEALOUSY ?
This poll had trouble written all over it from the start . There is not one thing wrong with these kids being confident in the least . I have not seen one of the kids playing this year be rude or obnoxious to anyone they have represented Cuero well on this board. How anyone is able to pass a negative judgement on them is beyond me.These kids have put in the time , blood , and sweat to be confident in their abilities and their teammates abilities as well .

Maybe if all teams had this confidence/cockiness thing then maybe this would not be an issue at all !

CHS_CG
08-09-2005, 09:24 PM
IMO ppl who think another team is cocky are usually jealous bc they are more sucessful than they are.

tap_tx_sinton
08-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey, opinions are great, that's what this thread was here for...

I've just never met a tortilla that I didn't eat, I mean like!:D

Not like i did not eat any torts tonight. I agree with you on this thread thats what it is for.

Far as the season goes this year i wish you all the best and safety of all players and fans....

See you all in Sinton.

Phantom Stang
08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Cuero has a past and present to be proud of, so I voted confident.:cool:

44INAROW
08-09-2005, 10:24 PM
.never mind..

chubbed_up
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
i feel you on that prayer gobbler84, after i pass it to noack he will pass it to you and the tradition continues. "...TEAM THAT CAN'T BE BEAT WON'T BE BEAT."

fairfield_06
08-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
CONFIDENT-self assured:1.certain of having the ability , judgment , and rescources needed to suceed.
2.sure of ones self having no uncertainty about ones own ability , correctness , succesfullness.

Maybe someone should put up another poll . Fairfield_06 ENVY or JEALOUSY ?
This poll had trouble written all over it from the start . There is not one thing wrong with these kids being confident in the least . I have not seen one of the kids playing this year be rude or obnoxious to anyone they have represented Cuero well on this board. How anyone is able to pass a negative judgement on them is beyond me.These kids have put in the time , blood , and sweat to be confident in their abilities and their teammates abilities as well .

Maybe if all teams had this confidence/cockiness thing then maybe this would not be an issue at all !
jealousy no envy no just a thread I made because I got tired of hearing about Cuero saying they had the strongest people at every position. I play basketball not football so why would I be jealous if I played football maybe. But I would much rather live where I do then in Cuero. If you want to make a personal attack on me pm me. If you got anything else to say step up and say it to me on a pm. Thanks for your thoughts Talena. :rolleyes:

KingRob
08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I think there are quite a few people who are glad you don't live in Cuero! You never know, maybe one day your team might be good.:p

Gobbler Fan
08-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
jealousy no envy no just a thread I made because I got tired of hearing about Cuero saying they had the strongest people at every position. I play basketball not football so why would I be jealous if I played football maybe. But I would much rather live where I do then in Cuero. If you want to make a personal attack on me pm me. If you got anything else to say step up and say it to me on a pm. Thanks for your thoughts Talena. :rolleyes:

Where exactly did you see this thread your refering too I'd like to see it .

1. Cuero does not make the poll's the coaches have their poll the writers have theres. Maybe they know a little about football ? Several sites have rankings , this one has many oppinions' on where everyone should be ranked . Blame them for your hatred for Cuero .:rolleyes:
2. What is the difference between your question on your poll and my Question to you ?
3. This is a message board where oppions are made you made your's I made mine .You hate Cuero I happen to love it . Stop by one day I'll buy you lunch ;)

fairfield_06
08-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Where exactly did you see this thread your refering too I'd like to see it .

1. Cuero does not make the poll's the coaches have their poll the writers have theres. Maybe they know a little about football ? Several sites have rankings , this one has many oppinions' on where everyone should be ranked . Blame them for your hatred for Cuero .:rolleyes:
2. What is the difference between your question on your poll and my Question to you ?
3. This is a message board where oppions are made you made your's I made mine .You hate Cuero I happen to love it . Stop by one day I'll buy you lunch ;)
Sounds like a deal to me lol. I dont hate Cuero. I just get a little tired of hearing all the Cuero posters. If it was the same situation and another team I would feel the same way

olddawggreen
08-10-2005, 11:04 AM
With Cuero's record, they have a right to feel conident.:)

pirate4state
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
This happens every year. First with Abilene Wylie, then Sinton/Burnet, then Bridge City (well, that was really Old Card :p) and then Burnet again :rolleyes: ( ;) ) and now Cuero...there will always be a team that is being talked about , but Cuero has great tradition and who wouldn't be confident with all their talent? :thinking: Cocky: all football players need to be a little cocky...don't they? :D :eek:

Just my 2 cents...

chubbed_up
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
you get tired of hearing us? well i'm sorry but if you were this good you would talk to. and it just so happens that there a lot of us on here. no one said that a lot of people from your town couldnt be on here

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Stop by one day I'll buy you lunch ;)

Dang man, how nice of you...

So if I start a new poll about Cuero being cocky or confident do I get lunch too?

Highschoolfan78
08-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Fairfield, sounds like you need to get some Fairfieldians to start logging on and brag about, idk your basketball season. If you are tired of hearing about Cuero, then why did you start a poll/post about Cuero? That was just asking for it. We all have pride for the town we grew up in. The football is engraved into our bloodstream because thats what we know. We all grew up watching great teams and one day watched our peers become that great team. I'm sorry you are tired of hearing about us, but average a tripple- double this year and we'll hear about your b-ball skills. I guess it would be hard for anyone to understand the pride of Cuero unless you have lived there.

gobbler84
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Fairfield, sounds like you need to get some Fairfieldians to start logging on and brag about, idk your basketball season. If you are tired of hearing about Cuero, then why did you start a poll/post about Cuero? That was just asking for it. We all have pride for the town we grew up in. The football is engraved into our bloodstream because thats what we know. We all grew up watching great teams and one day watched our peers become that great team. I'm sorry you are tired of hearing about us, but average a tripple- double this year and we'll hear about your b-ball skills. I guess it would be hard for anyone to understand the pride of Cuero unless you have lived there.

Well said!

chubbed_up
08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78

well said, very well said

44INAROW
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by fairfield_06
Sounds like a deal to me lol. I dont hate Cuero. I just get a little tired of hearing all the Cuero posters. If it was the same situation and another team I would feel the same way

lumping ALL the Cuero poster's together - hhmm pretty judgemental don't you think? Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one :)

pirate4state
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lumping ALL the Cuero poster's together - hhmm pretty judgemental don't you think? Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one :) :eek: well, i never!!! :o

j/k :D

chubbed_up
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
good one 44

CHS_CG
08-10-2005, 04:03 PM
lumping ALL the Cuero poster's together - hhmm pretty judgemental don't you think? Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one :)

LMAO :clap: :clap:

gobbler84
08-10-2005, 07:27 PM

Lorey I could learn alot from you.:)

CHS_CG
08-10-2005, 07:31 PM

couldnt we all :inlove:

gobbler grad
08-10-2005, 07:42 PM
yes we could...:clap: :D

yip-pee...1400, bringing up the rear...:cheerl: :wave:

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
bringing up the rear

Man, I dunno what to say to that...

But congrats on 1400

44INAROW
08-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Man, I dunno what to say to that...

But congrats on 1400

ROFL GMTA... seriously.. keep em coming Gobbler Grad :D

44INAROW
08-10-2005, 08:01 PM

you know me, I just call them like I see them :)

gobbler84
08-10-2005, 08:16 PM
you know me, I just call them like I see them :)

That's why Lil' Pee Wee always calls em like her sees em

gobbler_fan04
08-10-2005, 08:22 PM
well cuero's got the right to be cocky when they have an unbeatable team. why act all modest when you know you're going to win. no use to act like you're scared to face the other teams or it will just give them more confidence. i mean most of the guys are freakn awesome so its not like they have anything to be worried about.. haha

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by gobbler_fan04
well cuero's got the right to be cocky when they have an unbeatable team. why act all modest when you know you're going to win. no use to act like you're scared to face the other teams or it will just give them more confidence. i mean most of the guys are freakn awesome so its not like they have anything to be worried about.. haha :thinking: :rolleyes: :thinking: :rolleyes: :thinking: :rolleyes: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by gobbler_fan04
well cuero's got the right to be cocky when they have an unbeatable team. why act all modest when you know you're going to win. no use to act like you're scared to face the other teams or it will just give them more confidence. i mean most of the guys are freakn awesome so its not like they have anything to be worried about.. haha

Yes, most of the guys are 'freakn' awesome etc...

But Cuero isn't unbeatable... they still have to prove it...

I know we're all excited and all (and suprisingly, so are you folks in Yoakum), but there are some good teams out there right now...

gobbler_fan04
08-10-2005, 08:38 PM
um.. yea everyone gets excited when a team close to them has a chance of going far.. but why do you point out yoakum?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
gobbler_fan04
Rookie

Member #: 4320

That could be 'one' reason

chubbed_up
08-10-2005, 09:28 PM
i got excited when yoakum did well in baseball and basketball. thats representing district 26. i would hope that they would do the same for us

Old Green
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
i got excited when yoakum did well in baseball and basketball. thats representing district 26. i would hope that they would do the same for us Yoakum does support you guys. There is always plenty of Yoakum fans at playoff games.:)

Gobbla2001
08-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Yoakum does support you guys. There is always plenty of Yoakum fans at playoff games.:)

No doubt, our fellow downlower bd62 being one of them...

Cuero and Yoakum hate each other 1 week out of the year...

Before and after that week, we're not gunna hoop and holler for the other team, but we sure hope they pull through... unless of course a playoff spot is on the line or something...

gobblerfan02
08-10-2005, 11:55 PM
No doubt, our fellow downlower bd62 being one of them...

Cuero and Yoakum hate each other 1 week out of the year...

Before and after that week, we're not gunna hoop and holler for the other team, but we sure hope they pull through... unless of course a playoff spot is on the line or something...

right 2001, when playoffs begin' the hating stops....I've always rooted for yoakum in the playoffs, football, baseball, volleyball, you name it...good to see them doing well also!